Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

on 6/2/2013 4:38:00 PM

I was hoping this would be my miracle deo but it's not to be. Fortunately I bought it in the winter, so I was able to use it up and it did a decent job. But I noticed that it would not stand up to a workout, so I only used it on days that I didn't go to the gym. I definitely wouldn't trust it in the summer. It also irritated my underarms slightly. Considering the price it was disappointing.

As for the applicator, that didn't bother me as I would just squeeze out a bit and then apply it like a normal deo. The smell is also good - not the usual baby powder scent that most smell like.

I'll be trying the Donna Karan product next since that is getting good reviews on here.

on 1/11/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After all these fantastic reviews, I was really realllllyy hoping it would work.
It honestly did absolutely nothing in terms of an 'antiperspirant'. It didn't reduce sweat AT ALL so l had uncomfortable wet underarm patches and smelt like sweat just 2 hours into a humid morning. Also, it was 6 times more expensive than normal drugstore deodorants in Australia so it wasn't worth the purchase.

on 11/13/2012 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This deodrant is nice! It does the job but there are plenty of others out there for a lot less!

on 10/4/2012 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I live in a HIGHLY hot n' humid climate and I always have problems having visibly wet underarms when I'm out. It's very embarrassing. Not to mention I perspire a lot too :( I don't have body odour but when it get's really humid (actually almost every day) my clothes will start to stink. Not until I came upon this! It does what it says it is! "Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant" works 101% and as far as deodorant, it does not have smell so it allows my perfume to last longer!

However, it is really important to remove any traces of this product, because it works so well at being anti-perspirant, it has the ability to clog pores, then causing nasty things to appear. If you don't have underarm pores, LUCKY YOU!

on 8/22/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff. I wear deodorant every day, but when I need a little extra protection I use this overnight. I don't reapply. I find the more I use antiperspirant the stinkier I get. But for those times when I need it, it's really there for me, and I love love love the squeeze tube cream application.. why aren't more deodorants and antiperspirants like this?

on 8/22/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I must admit I'm a pretty sweaty and smelly girl when I don't have the right deodorant on and I was hoping this would be my new HG deodorant... but it wasn't. I put this on at night after showering so that the deodorant could soak into my sweat glands and work its magic overnight; when I woke up the next day I reapplied another layer and went about my day as usual....and let me tell you this stuff did not work. My cheap $2/stick degree deodorant works 1000x better at a fraction of the cost. This stuff was so bad that I'm probably never going to finish using it and Im not a wasteful person but unfortunately this will be wasting away in my cabinet.

*edit* 1/21/14 this product works for me only if I use it at night after showering and then the following morning I must use my degree stick over this. It keeps me from sweating as much

on 8/17/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I don't sweat much and I never noticed an odour on myself. In the summer though I do tend to get some wetness under my arms so I bought this because of the good reviews. The scent is nice, citrus/florally and inoffensive. It seems to sink in reasonably fast. Too bad that after using it occasionally for 2 summers, I'm pretty sure it doesn't control sweat at all. Using this was like using nothing at all.

on 8/17/2012 10:00:00 PM

This product would only work for someone who doesn't sweat too much. For me it goes on smooth feels nice but lasts only 2 hours and then you start to sweat and stink.

on 8/11/2012 12:50:00 PM

I should have been suspicious of a deodorant that boasts that it is "superbly efficient." In my experience, if you feel the need to say it, it probably isn't true. Maybe I'm just smellier than the other MUA reviewers, but this deodorant does not work for me. I notice that within several hours, even if I'm not in extreme heat or working out vigorously, my armpits start to sweat. And sweat leads to odor, especially with an unscented product. I try to use it when I know I'm not going anywhere because it really was expensive for what it is, but it's getting to the point where I realize I'm better off just throwing it out.

on 8/4/2012 11:51:00 PM

Wow, this an awesome product! Really works, does not interfere with your perfume and does not leave any marks on your clothing. I will never use drugstore deodorant again, totally worth the price!!