Avalon Organics Botanicals Biotin B-Complex Thickening

Not tested on animals

Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice(1), cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, dicetyldimonium chloride, dimethicone, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, organic calendula officinalis extract(2), organic anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract(2), panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), soy protein, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, thiamine, cetrimonium chloride, citric acid, organic lavandula officinalis (lavender) extract(2), sodium benzoate, organic camellia sinensis (white tea) extract(2), potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinu

on 4/21/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Finally, an organic conditioner for curls. I have 2b long hair and this stuff is great. I have tried other organic/natural products, but they've always been drying or result in frizz. This is moisturizing but not too heavy. It is nice and thick so you can distribute it through your hair with a wide-toothed comb (again, some natural conditioners are really thin and hard to work with). Plus it smells nice - herbal and fresh, not like cheap perfume or fruit candy. They have it at my local organic market and I will definitely buy it again.

on 2/9/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this better that its accompanying biotin shampoo.
It conditions relatively well and does help to detangle my hair. It adds volume to my hair so I suppose it does live up to the 'thickening' part of the name.

Also, I like how the avalon shampoo and the conditioner doesn't aggravate my face- my acne has reduce ever since I started using their shampoo and conditioner. My previous shampoo/conditioner were not organic and likely had chemicals that my skin did not like. So definite thumbs up on this shampoo on terms of improving the acne on my face.

However, going back to it's benefits as a conditioner for my HAIR, I wouldn't give this 5/5 is because it doesn't add any shine to my hair and makes it look a bit on the dry side once I've washed it.
So even though I like it, I probably wouldn't buy again. I still want to try out organic shampoos and conditioners, but something a bit more moisturising without making my hair greasy.

on 1/23/2011 10:00:00 PM

I don't get what people are talking about! I didn't think this was anything special. It definitely DIDN'T make my hair any thicker or even fluff it up! I feel as though you pay extra for having the word "organic" in the name, but what's inside the bottle is no better or worse than Pantene.

on 1/21/2011 4:10:00 AM

My holy grail conditioner! Fantastic volumizing effect yet very moisturizing. You only need a little bit to get the effect of . Not sure how it is possible but they did it! It smells lovely and understated, will not interfere with your perfume. Another big plus!
It is sold in Whole Foods and CVS for $8-10, but you can get it at a much better price at iherb.com for less than $7. Use code HIH374 and you get $5 off your 1st purchase and free shipping.
A+++++!

on 9/6/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I was walking through our local Whole Foods and happened to see this line. I thought nothing of it at the time, but then saw these incredible reviews, I went back to purchase. Well, I was not disappointed. This conditioner is terrific, moisturizing and smells wonderful. I find the bottle beautiful and very easy to apply. Now, I have only used this once, so I cannot really speak from vast experience. I will update in a few weeks. Thanks MUA.

on 8/21/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Review for both the shampoo and conditioner, since I've never used them except as a set:

I'm on my second set of the Biotin shampoo and conditioner, and I'll buy it again when I'm out. While I can't say that it has miracle thickening properties, it doesn't weigh down my fine hair, NOR does it dry it out and make it fly-away like most volumizing shampoos do.

I have a temperamental scalp, and many natural brand shampoos make it flaky over time, probably because I tend to be sensitive to many essential oils. The harsher detergents in most standard shampoos dry out my scalp, too. I have no problems with this shampoo or conditioner.

The Avalon Biotin set is my current favorite: it has a pleasant, natural, and subtle smell (I don't like strong synthetic fragrances), doesn't mess up my scalp, doesn't weigh down my hair even when I put the conditioner all the way up to my scalp, and does help my hair feel ever so slightly thicker. I've had less hair loss over time with it as well, and it seems to be growing in well along my hairline.

For reference, my hair is fine and normal. If your hair needs a ton of moisture, this might not be the set for you, but it's definitely more moisturizing than most products created for fine hair.

As a side note, I first started using these products when doing the low-poo/no-poo curly hair routine many years ago, and I loved it for that. I no longer wear my hair curly, but I decided to try it again, and am very glad I did.

on 5/9/2010 5:31:00 PM

i'm really quite the bargain hunter when it comes to beauty supplies even though i don't need to be, so i was a little iffy spending a few extra dollars on this conditioner. let me tell you right now: SO WORTH IT! i find the smell really pleasing, the consistency is really nice because it's not too heavy for my fine hair but it's not watery either, and it really. does. thicken. i swear on everything holy, a week after i started using this (about every other day) i was just playing with my hair and felt a difference. i asked everyone in my family, all my friends, and my hairstylist if my hair felt thicker and they all said: "yes, it does! what did you do?" (in some form or another of course).
i'm never deserting this conditioner. it has been so good to me.

on 4/28/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've had very similar experiences to the reviewer 2 below me. Tried almost every natural conditioner under the sun. This was my last attempt before giving up completely (expcet on Moo Goo but I get sick of using the same thing ALL the time!). Well I'm so glad I tried this. My hair is nice and soft and silky. Not weighed down, not dry and crunchy - just light and bouncy and soft and happy - the way hair should be! I love the lemony/woody scent. The consistency is fairly thin which for some reason always makes me dubious about a conditioner's moisturising potential, however I can feel the slip and smoothness straight away as I'm washing it out. I have found I have to be careful not to use too much - only a small squirt is needed, otherwise my hair ends up a bit lank. Highly recommend.

on 8/6/2009 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This conditioner is AMAZING. This year I was concentrating on finding a natural shampoo/conditioner. It has been a HORRIBLE experience. I've tried 5 different natural conditioners by Giovanni, Beauty Without Cruelty, Nature's Gate, etc. and all have made my hair disgusting. The first 5 inches of my hair is un-dyed, "virgin" hair. But the bottom 5 inches of my hair is old, crunchy, 3 times dyed hair that was rarely trimmed in the past year and a half because I want my hair long. All other natural conditioners either made my hair REALLY dried out or REALLY oily. There was never an in-between. However this conditioner is absolutely amazing. It was my last attempt at natural haircare for a while. This conditioner makes my hair SO soft. Not oily, not dried out, but bouncy and so soft. My ends are pretty damaged and this makes them look a lot healthier. On top of that, I can go 2 or 3 days without washing my hair, and my hair doesn't get oily. I have dry, wavy hair and this evens everything out and makes the ends strong and my roots soft but bouncy. I'm not sure about the thickening aspect, as I don't use it for that purpose. But I know for a fact it has strengthened my ends and makes my hair VERY soft and very shiny. It's even better than commercial conditioners, and has worked better than my old favorite Matrix conditioner. Plus you can get it cheap at vitacost.com. I LOVE it!

on 5/21/2009 2:41:00 PM

Sorry, but I just did not think this conditioner was special. I did not notice any fuller hair afterwards. I don't think anyone should use this regularly because the biotin in it may promote hair growth in places you don't want it!