Palladio Herbal Lipstick

on 2/22/2013 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

(This is a review for Pure Red.)

This is a DRAMATIC, hit-you-from-across-the-room red. I originally chose it as stage makeup when I sang in a choir, so that my mouth could be seen from across the theater, and it did the trick.

But I've found that it works for off the stage, too. I find it a bit overpowering/too dressy for everyday wear (unless you really want a signature look), but it's good for special occasions, or any time you really want that classic 1950s REDREDRED look turned up to eleven. It leans ever so slightly blue rather than orange, but overall it's just what the name says - pure red.

No complaints about the packaging, except that the name of the shade isn't written anywhere on it. I was a bit alarmed when I first opened it, because the stick shows quite a bit of glitter, but this is less noticeable once it's on the lips. No smell or taste that I could notice. The duration is great - I only need to reapply once or twice in a LONG day, even accounting for meals. And, best of all, unlike some other red lipsticks I've found, it fades evenly, leaving a nice deep stain, instead of settling into, and highlightin, all the cracks and lines on my lips.

All in all, my go-to lippie for when I want to look extra-classy. I can't find it in my drugstore, where I first bought it, any longer, but I will definitely be willing to repurchase when I run out (which, given how sparingly I use it, shouldn't be for a good long while).

on 5/3/2012 11:48:00 AM

This review is specifically for the Paris Pink shade. It's a georgeus tea rose pink, great for warm skin tones, it is creamy, has a very good smell, but 'm taking a star because it has a plastic taste, not an unbearable one though.

on 1/10/2012 3:16:00 PM

cheap looking with no staying power..guess that's a good thing.

on 11/20/2011 1:56:00 AM

BEST LIPSTICK EVER ALONG WITH LIP PENCIL TO ASSIST! & i have fuuuuuuuuuuuuullll lips :D

on 8/14/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a review of the shade Coral Punch.
I've seen/tried a few of the other shades and didn't like them, as a lot of them are very glittery. I LOVE Coral Punch, though! It's super pigmented and very bright. In fact, it is the most pigmented lipstick I've ever used! The color is perfect for that 1950's daytime pinup look - a bright bright orange-red, with a lovely satin matte finish. Love love love it!
If you're scared of look-at-me lips, this is definitely not for you, but if you like a fun, flirty, vintage look like I do, you have to try it!

It also feels nice on my lips. Non-drying. Very thick, so you can feel it, but it's not at all uncomfortable or sticky.

on 3/26/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm asian and I get tanned easily which is why it's kinda difficult for me to get a nice lip color, or choose any kind of make up for that matter. anyway, I really like this lipstick. I got it in Roseberry color. I know that i 'm good with berry colors and rose color but roseberry is just the perfect combination!
I'm filipino and i got this from beauty bar for 350 pesos. It's a great choice if you want something bright and cute. I like how it glides on my lips and so creamy. My sister complimented how rich my lips look and it doesnt settle on the lines...just smooth lips.

Packaging is not really good, well i think it is boring. But the product is hella nice and i'm definitely buying one again! Definite HG for me.

on 11/16/2010 3:09:00 PM

I got this in 'Ice Princess' over the internet, hoping for a peachy pink shade. But the colour on me looks like a brown-pink, and I just can't wear browns. Also, I found the texture too heavy and drying, and found it emphasised every line on the surface of my lips. A very dated lipstick in both feel and appearance. A shame, as I loved the idea of a herbal lipstick.

on 8/3/2010 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I went to Sallys today, and one of their lipsticks "meadowsweet" thinking it would be a medium nude-formal type lip color. You can't test the lipstick when you are buying it because it is sealed. I wasn't expecting a dark-cranberry color. It could almost pass for black, but it is more of the purple redish side. This lipstick STINKS. It smells like those lipsticks from the 90's. The only good thing about this lipstick is that it is very pigmented. More pigmented compared to MAC lipsticks (creamsheen). If it didn't smell discusting, and if they had lighter nude shades, I'd probably buy it again.

on 7/11/2010 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Eehh.. this lipstick is waaaay too sticky. I'm not a fan, it's way too uncomfortable on my lips, although if it wasn't that way, it would have good staying power, maybe... I bought the shade "pinky" and it's too too too frosty. And I have really fair skin.. eugh. I thought it would be a nice lil rosy pink, but it made me look like trash! never ever ever buying again.

on 5/23/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never really been a lipstick kind of you know this shiz has to be something special for me to go online and write about it.

First off, I love that it's dirt cheap. I paid, like, $7.50 in the store, and when I checked the product info online I saw that I was robbed because the Palladio website charges $6. Six bucks: unbelievable. I don't know anything about rice powder or just what makes a lipstick herbal but I love the color (I'm reviewing Brownie which, on me, is a nice, natural pink -- go figure); I love the texture; I love that it's matte and not glossy; I like the staying power. I find the packaging quite chic. And did I mention that it costs six dollars?

Recommended for Medium Skin