LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

on 8/10/2014 11:36:00 AM

I love this mask. Yesterday I bought 6 jars and put 5 in the freezer (i live an hr from the closest store). The chunks/strips of seaweed are really annoying and unnecessary, but this mask really does soothe and calm. Any breakouts and redness are immediately erased which makes this a miracle for my tempermental, acne prone, cyst prone combination skin. Seriously, cysts and breakouts are taken down and my skin glows. I do wish this lasted longer than the expiration date. I have used it after it expired and it just smelled off. I haven't tried any of the other masks from Lush because I love this one so much that I don't see any reason to experiment.

on 8/4/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went into LUSH and the lady working recommended this mask to me because of a horrible sunburn I had on my face.
This mask smells AMAZING! The rose scent is beautiful.
The chinks of seaweed make it a little difficult to apply evenly and I feel like I have to apply a really thick layer for it to lay flat.
I do think it helped with the redness of the sunburn. My skin is naturally very red and I think that this mask also helped decrease the natural redness around my nose and cheeks. I've only used one tub but I will be repurchasing.

on 7/27/2014 1:53:00 AM

I get so turned off by the seaweed pieces. I like it. But that's about it. I don't see much that occurs with this mask. But it does feel like it's brightening. Catastrophe Cosmetic is the better choice

on 6/16/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very nice mask! Smells wonderful and helps with redness. I wish they offered it in a bigger size!

on 6/8/2014 12:58:00 AM

I really wanted to like this mask since I'm a huge fan of lush and ocean-derived products. But.. applying this mask for ten minutes really irritated the sensitive parts of my skin (under my eyes and upper cheeks). Now, almost three hours later, my skin feels like it's been sunburnt. Just sayin, not all great products are made for everybody!

on 6/1/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love love love this product ! i have severe acne, and its always sooo red and irritated. And I really enjoy lush and I asked the girl that worked there whats good to take the redness away and she recommended BB Seaweed and to be honest I dont regret it at all ! I love this product so much, plus its only like $7 and its a life saver! It also makes your skin super soft! I would honestly recommend this to anyone that has really red pimples, because it really soothes it. Plus I love how its cold it feels so nice on my face! Its really great for irritated pimples or cystic pimples.

on 5/30/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Used this a few times so far and it's an altogether average product. It's great for hydrating your abused skin, but not much else. It is very airy and like mousse. I think it smells exactly like green tea, which is strange. My cat seems to love it - he got in my lap and kept trying to lick my face.

on 5/13/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin and my skin started to break out after I used this, little bumps on my forehead. It dried out my skin so I feel this mask would work better for someone who has oilier skin. My face formed rashes on the side after using this as well (from the huge chunks of seaweed). I'm still all for my LUSH Love Lettuce mask. BY THE WAY, be careful when letting these masks down your drain, it will clog your sink especially the seaweed in this specific mask!!

on 4/6/2014 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the third type of LUSH Fresh Face Mask that I am experimenting with, after Brazened Honey and Sacred Truth. I like the Lush masks; I think overall they each provide a nice experience though not as hard-hitting as other brands. I can appreciate Lush's more natural approach to their masks, however.

The BB Seaweed Mask is marketed specifically for more sensitive skin, and is promoted as being soothing and moisturizing.

Pros: This mask smells GREAT; the best of the masks I have tried. It has a strong violet, floral smell. It also has a lovely texture-- airy and whipped, mousse-like. After application, my face feels REALLY soft and smooth. This mask also feels pretty gentle both during and after use. I am sure I could use it every day if I wanted (though I have been limiting to 2-3 times per week). My face also doesn't feel dried out after rinsing, which masks can often do, so the moisturizing power is effective.

Cons: As other have commented, I could do without the large flakes of seaweed. I really think they're just their for show; wouldn't the seaweed be more effective if it were ground up with the rest of the mask? The flakes clog my drain, and I also feel they block parts of my face from the benefits of the mask itself. If you've ever used the Glamglow black mask, the pieces of seaweed are similar to that. The mask is also a little difficult to get off-- I end up using a damp wash cloth.

Overall: I like this mask, but I would probably try another mask for my 4th mask, or return to Sacred Truth or Brazened Honey. Those masks feel a little more powerful. This IS supposed to be a gentle mask, but I don't think it does very much besides soothe. My pores didn't seem to be declogged, for example. Its biggest advantage is the great smell. Also as a side note- because of its airier texture, I actually felt like you get LESS product. With my previous LUSH masks I've gotten 7-8 uses. With this one, I think I'll get around 4.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't really expecting too much from this mask. But holy crap it was very impressive. I tried the very overly hyped glamglow only to be let down by the less then nothing results and a face that was on fire which was 60$. But this little gem which is 7$ left me with soft touchable glowing skin with no burn or sting at all. I really love this. I wasn't even sure if I should put my moisturizer on because i felt so smooth and hydrated. And the crushed up almonds gently exfoliated me as an added bonus. I was interested in trying all lushs masks but I'm so happy with this one I don't want to be without it.