September 2, 2014 | 992 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Amiranda721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does WONDERS! All LUSH products does wonders themselves but this especially. I've been experimenting with different masks. I have tried Love Lettuce, Sacred Truth and this. BB Seaweed was a balance of all three masks for my skin. I have acne prone skin and it is very hard to find products that my skin will like. It creamy, has a little bit of exfoliation and it smells really good. Yes, there are chunks of seaweed but it's not too much, I think it's great having them mixed into the product. After washing it off, my skin was left baby soft and so touchable. I use this every other day and if I have problematic skin, I would use this everyday until my skin is back to normal. I also realized that after using this, my skin wasn't too oily or too dry, this balanced out my skin. In comparison to Love Lettuce, this does not have the same amount of exfoliating ingredients so if you want a lot of exfoliating this might not be for you but if you want a good amount of scrubbing power that it gentle enough for everyday, this is for you. When using this product, try not to pack on too much because do note it is creamy. I made that mistake, so just a warning! When washing off the mask, dampen the area and scrub, make your way all over the way and then wash it all off... I think this is more effective. Out of all of the masks I tried, this is the one that I repurchased, and is part of my everyday routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the process of trying to get my skin under control because I have been suffering from more breakouts than usual. I've decided to try a more natural approach since I'm in my late twenties. I use a charcoal mask by origins once a week and another LUSH mask called Mask of Magnaminty once a week as well... These two masks are both good at clarifying... but this BB Seaweed mask is very calming and makes my skin feel sooooo soft and balanced. I feel this mask works well as an "in between" other, harsher masks. I don't know if I would be able to use only this one but I really love it's calming effects. I love that I can use it often and it doesn't dry my skin out. It smells like Roses, sometimes I get a hint of a fishy seaweed smell but it's very faint. It's a little on the chunky side (from the seaweed) but rinses off fairly easily. I just repurchased my second tub of this yesterday. I was tempted to try one of the other fresh face masks but ultimately decided to go with my tried and true :)

UPDATE: it's been a month since I first wrote this review and have since gone back to LUSH for another face mask.... Catastrophe Cosmetic. UGH. I did not like that one at all! I'm wishing I would've just repurchased this BB Seaweed one for the 3rd time. Will definitely be going back to this one next time. It's so calming and leaves my skin soft yet CLEAN feeling. The other mask (Catastrophe Cosmetic) left a horrible, difficult to remove, grayish-white, chalky residue. It literally took three passes with a cotton round and some toner to remove it all. ICK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got this, and my first time using it was great! It smells amazing, and left my skin so soft and calm! It really calmed my breakout, and reduced redness, and it just felt good. I wish I could use it again today, but I feel like I should at least wait a day between, since it has clay and could be drying. Fantastic mask!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Natashaaxo

This is my favorite face mask by Lush. It left my skin feeling so smooth and soft. The price isn't too bad compared to other face masks, but a down side is that since it is fresh, it only has a shelf life of about 2-3 weeks. It also a strong smell but the smell is tolerable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell of this mask is so refreshing. It smells like roses. I thought for some strange reason it would smell fishy because of the seaweed in it. I didn't like the chunks of seaweed in the mask, I thought they could have ground it down to make the mask smooth. Instead I am putting the mask on and I have to worry about chunks of seaweed going all over and falling off my face as the mask dries. The chunky texture just didn't work for me.

I was also slightly allergic to something in the mask. My face itched every time I used it. At first I thought it was something else that was irritating my face, but after using this 3 times and having my face itch all 3 times after using it, I've concluded that I am allergic to this mask. It's a shame because I love the way it smells. It makes my skin so soft and smooth after using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had better luck with this one (Oatifix caused an allergic reaction). No problems for my sensitive skin, deep-cleansing and tightens pores yet not drying, makes my skin look bright and clear. I've used it off and on for years and it's definitely my favourite of the Lush masks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Taraster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask is fabulous. Im in my thirties and glowing skin is hard to come by but this miracle worker restores the shine in no time. I use the mask every other day before i go to bed and after rinsing use under eye cream and Skin Actives Lets make Collagen serum.
This has been my routine for the last two years but I added the BB seaweed mask two months ago and the results are spectacular.
I wake up each morning with hydrated glowing skin and for someone with combination skin that is sensitive and somewhat prone to breakouts , this is great. I am usually reluctant to buy face masks as my skin can react badly to some ingredients ( the derm is always on speed-dial!) but i got a sample of this at the Lush store and after seeing how soft and radiant my skin looked I was hooked.

I hope the effects never cease and my skin looks young and supple for a long time!
Hurray LUSH!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I walked into Lush wanting a new mask and the sales associate ended up suggesting this to me because it's supposed to be gentle and simple, and that's what I wanted: simple.

I loved the fact that the mask is fresh and needs to be refrigerated. I don't like putting crazy chemicals on my face and I like how natural this mask is. The mask has chunks of seaweed and smells a little weird to be honest but it's not overwhelming. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and it gives me a natural, clean glow. You can tell that my skin is clean after using this. It wasn't too expensive either, so I would definitely purchase this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I've tried this mask a few times, hoping for a result. Alas, this face mask does absolutely nothing for my skin.

It didn't irritate my skin (which is very sensitive), which is a plus. I didn't care much for the smell, but it doesn't linger after the mask is removed, so that was fine. I don't have overly dry skin on my face, so perhaps that was why it wasn't the mask for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Great mask for my sensitive combination skin. There are no harsh pieces in here and it's easy to put on and take off. It left my skin feeling soft and moisturized and seemed to get rid of some redness. One of my favorite fresh face masks.