December 20, 2014 | 919 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my biggest pet peeves about products that hail an all-in-one eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, highlighter combo is that most if not all of the products out there in the market, provide similar looking colors that won't do you much good when you're using the colors separately as an eyeshadow. However, this one does. I'm really amazed the color payoff each strip gives, very pigmented and would really look amazing used together or one by one. It contains five colors all in all, really gorgeous gold color I use in my tear duct and as a brow highlight, a dark brown color, which looks amazing as a crease color, a brownish maroon color which is great to warm up the dark brown crease color, a rusty copper color which is great as an all over lid color with a light hand, and a rose color which is also great as a highlight or lid color when paired with the copper. As a an all over cheek color, I swirl y bush all over the product for quick application, or I'd concentrate the brush on the upper half if I want a natural blush and the lower half for a deeper bronze color, and use the gold as a highlight on my cheeks. As mentioned, the colors themselves are very warm and pigmented, so I think this'll looks best with medium or darker skintones, but with a light hand, this ought to go well with lighter skintones. So far I'm really liking this product, especially since it has cut my my everyday makeup application in half the time, which really makes this an amazing all-in-one product, in every sense of the word. Highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer almost 3 months ago. (odd time right?)
I LOVE this for when im taveling, its eye shadow and a bronzer all in one. the packageing is sturdy, and i have not had it break at all.
Iv had it for a long time, and i have not make A DENT in it! and i have been useing it everyday. My only complaint it, you need to use a very light light light hand when putting it on, because you will turn orange and orta cake-y. and there is ALOT of glitter in it, that does not bother me, but to other people that is not good. I have very tanned, orange pigmented coloured skin. and my friend who had very very milk white skin tried it, and it does not look good on her. just as a referance.!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by witchymissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cost me $22 CDN. I didn't realize how expensive it was until I got to the register and was shocked. But I was too shy to let the cashier know, so I bought it anyway.

I'm glad I did. I've only had it for a little over a week but already, I can see this product becoming my staple product. I use it an eyeshadow mostly. I like the slightly pinky coppery shade at the top as an all over eyeshadow. I like the brown as a soft liner and the bronze underneath the pinky copper in my crease. The lightest golden color is great for highlighting and my brow bone. My least favourite is the red terra cotta--I could do without it.

It's a little difficult to use as a bronzer without disturbing the waves. I don't want to get them mixed up.

The colors suit my light olive complexion nicely. It gives my skin a natural glow and the colors really flatter my brown eyes.

Overall, I like this product and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by claireyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a few years ago when I worked for the body shop. This is a very versatile product as you can use it as an all over bronzer, a cheek colour or you can use the different colours seperately as eyeshadows. I found as the bronzer it worked ok but not as well as the brush on beads from body shop. I can't wear it as a cheek colour due to the one really dark wave that puts a horrible colour on my cheeks. I love the rest of the colours though and would use them for eyeshadows but I can't see the sense in spending the money on this product just for that. It was ok at the time cause I got a disount for working there but I would not pay full price now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by cagallie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i got this from my friend several months ago. the colors are pretty and similar to revlon colorstay eye shadow in copper spice, but this shimmer waves works as a bronzer or even a highlighter depending on one's skin color and undertone.

i have a cool undertone and my skin color is medium. when i tried this product over my cheeks, i looked washed off. it seems like i put too much of it on the wrong place and it didnt suit my undertone. so i never put it on my cheeks again and i have to becareful not to take too much of the product. now i use it occasionally as a highlighter over my forehead and on my nose to give them a subtle glow.

however, this product works great for my friend who has a medium dark skin and warm undertone. it's a perfect bronzer for her. it really accentuates her cheekbones.

about the packaging, it's not bad, but not so good either. it's quite strong, but i just wish they put on a mirror cos i think the price of this product is tad expensive.

i will recommend this product to those with warm undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by AmeliaLangford

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this a few weeks ago as an eyeshadow, and love it! The colours are beautiful and suit my skin tone very well. I was hesitant about the amount of shimmer, but it's a very nice subtle shimmer. I tried using it as a blush, as suggested by the assistant, and wasn't convinced- looked dirty and cheap. Returned to using my normal blush, with a stroke of this over the top and success! Perfect for adding some depth in the winter months. Love love love this product and would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This one gives me a natural glow. līm very pale and it fits me very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by whitenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this product but it broke after a month... and i had no choice but to throw it. i used it as a blush and a bronzer. got the complexion i wanted... satisfied... but bummed at how it broke so easily... so i dont think ill be purchasing one again... everything is perfect but the packaging. err.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It really is beautiful. I swirl all the colours together and it just looks so nice and natural. It doesn't have too much shimmer. It doesn't look orange or yellow. It just looks like I have a bit of a tan/glow.

I've tried very expensive brands too and they always look muddy or orange but what a find this is. I'm so glad I read the reviews and got this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a beautiful, handy product that can be used all over the face. I like how there is no 'wrong' combination as they all look great.
I found that it had the just enough shimmer to it as well as great depth to the colours. I often used it as a blush, bronzer and eyeshadow. It was great for when I had to do my makeup on the run as I only needed one product but could achieve so many different looks.
The product seems to last forever. I think i ended up discarding it as my skin was playing up big time. I used to keep a little eyeshadow brush with it but it probably would have made more sense to change the brush.
I don't love the flip top type lid as it has the potential for havoc in a bag.