April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's sort of a reddish brownish nudish colour. nothin special

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon lipsticks because they are high quality yet budget friendly. Toast of New York is no exception. The color works on my GGG skin tone because it is neither too blah nor too outrageous. It is one of those colors that works well for any occasion and any makeup look. It is very, very close to L'Oreal's Cinnamon Toast (another great color) but I prefer Revlon because their lipsticks are unscented. I find Toast of New York to be more of a fall/winter color but I feel its warmth can be complemented by summer eye shadows in fresh shades of coral, tangerine or lemon. If Revlon were to retire this classic beauty I would stockpile every last one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color would look good on most people, a very good color to wear to work or other occasions when you don't wan to be too out there. not too brown, red or pink,, but a bit in between. very nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 3:35:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Meh...I actually bought this by mistake. I orignally wanted to try Deep Nude, but someone at Ulta put Toast of New York back in the Deep Nude column! Grr...Anyway, this is okay on me (NC30), but it's just so....plain. A basic reddish brown cream lipstick. Very Elaine from Seinfeld. Very 90's. Or an office workplace color. As popular as it is, I was hoping maybe there'd be something more to it. Maybe good for dress-up occasions (or for work!), but it just doesn't wow me enough to use it on a consistent basis. On the upside though, it does look the same on me as it does in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again a reddish brown variation that turns orange on me! Darn! It looks hot on everybody else!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ahhh... to be "the toast of New York". Well, I just had to be, after shuffling through my lipsticks and seeing I had no real versatile brown shade. You see, I had been "the toast" once before about 10 or so years ago (yes, this shade has been out a long time!) and I had never been able to quite find the right brown lipstick despite searching. What is it with us? We always want to try something new. Maybe I knew it would always be there for me when I finally gave up on my useless hunting. So I did, and I'm glad I did.

I absolutely love this colour and this lipstick. It's got some shine, but it's not frosted, thought I think there is one that is. There isn't any unpleasant smell or taste to it, which is a big plus for me because fragranced products really get me sneezing. It lasts a relatively long time and matches really well with anything that requires a brownish lipstick - and it doesn't look orange or change to an orange shade after a little bit of wear. I have taken one lippie off because I would love if Revlon would get with the times and design a little bit of a classier lipstick case - I find them boring to mundane. Other than that, a super part of any gal's lipstick collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again? Hell, yes! If only for the FABULOUS name! I'd love to BE the toast of New York! :)
Having said that, this is a good mid-brown shade that should suit most complexions but the palest blonde. Great easy-to-wear colour that I absolutely live in, in Autumn and Winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by penelopemb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this lipstick -- I believe it would be very flattering on many complexions. It's my current "everyday" shade, a beautiful reddish brown. A hair darker would be too much but this shade is perfect. I'm fair-skinned with blue eyes and reddish-brown hair but I have fairly neutral coloring (can wear both warm and cool shades) and I love how this shade looks on me. The formula is creamy and wears really well for not being a "long-wearing" lipstick. I know this shade has been a long-standing member of the Revlon lineup and there is a good reason for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 8:19:00 AM More reviews by yumino

This is a subtle red-brown-orange that is really gorgeous on me, and it lasts forever with lipliner. My stepmother is a redhead and it looks great on her; I have gold/brown hair and it works for me too. Definitely a shade for warmer folks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first Super Lustrous l/s I have tried (though I have almost all the SL glosses and love them). It cost almost $6 at Target here in NJ. I am very pale with cool undertones and was worried that this would be too orange for me. When I first opened it, I applied it to my hand and thought, uh oh--it did seem to have an orange cast to it. However, I applied it to my lips, and was pleased to see a nice deep reddish brown (more red than brown on me...I have pigmented lips that are naturally medium pink). When applied, the color looked warm, but not orange. It is pretty matte, but won't make you look deceased...and if it's too matte for you, you can always dab some gloss on top. The color lasted for several hours. The bottom line for me is...it's still a little too warm but on certain people I bet this would be BEAUTIFUL. I just can't seem to wear any colors that have even a little brown to them.