MAC Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB)

4.8

on 4/14/2011 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is an orangey looking cream. I use it for my cheeks as a base, to help set in my peachtwist blush. I use a tough stubby chubby blending brush to use this. It adds a really nice intense color to my cheeks.

on 2/28/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great product - versatile, a little goes a long way, and the color works on different skin tones.

on 1/31/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Great color! I ran out and bought this the day the collection comes out because i was searching for an orangey color to add to my cheeks to provide some glow. When i saw this i didn't even try it on just purchased it just like that. I am a huge fan of cream blushes because they are so easy to put on and are build-able to create drama. This is so easy to use and just looks great on about anyone who wears blush properly.

on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love this
i little dab goes a LONG way :] i used it for the first time today when i bought it a few weeks ago, it gave me a beautiful coral but natural looking flush i loved it. i would not buy a back up just because it will last me forever it seems.

on 1/9/2011 3:31:00 PM

I was scared when I first saw this in the pan, its a bright coral. But when applying this its gives the most natural and gorgeous glowing flush. It really brightens up my skin and looks so natural. Its best to apply with a stippling brush.

Dont let the colour put you off, this is the most gorgeous cream colour base once applied!

on 11/4/2010 10:16:00 AM

Wow. I havenít done a review in a long while, but I had to for this blush. Virgin Isle is a beeeeautiful color. Iíve been wearing blue-based pinks for years and never in a million years would have bought this from just looking at the color in the pan. However, when I read that this is the product used on both Joan and Betty on ĎMad Mení, I knew I had to try it. First of all, Mad Men truly has the most gorgeous makeup ever Ė and my coloring is very similar to Joanís. Iím NW20, but with both pink and heavy yellow/neutral undertones and red hair. I donít know why itís never occurred to me to try coral blush before, but this stuff is a revelation! Itís sheer but buildable, and a flushed pinky/peachy/corally natural color. After wearing it for the first time, my coworker commented that I looked Ďglowyí like Iíd been walking around on a crisp fall day. This is one of those products that is so good, it actually makes you want to throw out all your *other* similar products in disgust.

Thanks to MUA, I ordered this online. The MAC girls at the store didnít even know what it was or where you could buy it.

When I listed a Nars cream blush for swap (Cactus Flower) that was too strong/bright for my pale complexion, a super sweet MUAer emailed me and told me that she had seen what I wrote and wanted to recommend MAC's Virgin Isle. For reference, I am an NC15-20, BB Sand, Armani 4. Anyway, the MUAer told me that it would work for everyone. I was skeptical, but ordered it online anyway. When I saw it, I thought "EWW YUCK!! - I'm going to look like a friggin clown with this stuff!!" It IS very bright coral/red in the package, and it IS scary when you first look at it, but when you put it on...WHOLE other story! It is now my favorite cream blush, and I have tried almost all (and have a huge stash of them - Anything from Nars to Stila to Benefit, etc). This blush is a true reflexion of what your cheeks look like when they have a bit of flush to them (for example, if you go out in really cold weather, etc). But not TOO much flush; it's just right. It lasts all day on me; I put it on after my foundation (with my fingers), but before setting powder, and I'm sure the slight amount of powder on top of it helps with the staying power. This is by far the most natural and pretty blush I have tried. I heartily recommend it to anyone! =)

on 7/25/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very multi functional. I use it as a blush, base and lip color. A little goes a long way so you only need a little bit.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Im surprised I haven't already reviewed this. what a beautiful cream color base, looks great on cheeks and lips, its beautiful on its own or as a base for a blush, i love love love this with either my Marine life, Hipness blush, or Ripe peach!!!! would buy this again in a heartbeat if i ever ran out!

(I bought this online, im not sure if they carry this in any stores i haven't seen it)

on 7/6/2010 9:06:00 AM

i bought this from mac recentley and i am glad i bought it, it adds a nice flush of colour to the cheeks, i use a stippling brush to apply. it should last me forever too as you only need a very small amount for it to show up on the cheeks.

Popular Blush Products