August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Blush - MAC - Virgin Isle Cream Colour Base (CCB) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by HannahHeart

I was scared when I first saw this in the pan, its a bright coral. But when applying this its gives the most natural and gorgeous glowing flush. It really brightens up my skin and looks so natural. Its best to apply with a stippling brush.

Dont let the colour put you off, this is the most gorgeous cream colour base once applied!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by alula

Wow. I havenít done a review in a long while, but I had to for this blush. Virgin Isle is a beeeeautiful color. Iíve been wearing blue-based pinks for years and never in a million years would have bought this from just looking at the color in the pan. However, when I read that this is the product used on both Joan and Betty on ĎMad Mení, I knew I had to try it. First of all, Mad Men truly has the most gorgeous makeup ever Ė and my coloring is very similar to Joanís. Iím NW20, but with both pink and heavy yellow/neutral undertones and red hair. I donít know why itís never occurred to me to try coral blush before, but this stuff is a revelation! Itís sheer but buildable, and a flushed pinky/peachy/corally natural color. After wearing it for the first time, my coworker commented that I looked Ďglowyí like Iíd been walking around on a crisp fall day. This is one of those products that is so good, it actually makes you want to throw out all your *other* similar products in disgust.

Thanks to MUA, I ordered this online. The MAC girls at the store didnít even know what it was or where you could buy it.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Intothemystic79

When I listed a Nars cream blush for swap (Cactus Flower) that was too strong/bright for my pale complexion, a super sweet MUAer emailed me and told me that she had seen what I wrote and wanted to recommend MAC's Virgin Isle. For reference, I am an NC15-20, BB Sand, Armani 4. Anyway, the MUAer told me that it would work for everyone. I was skeptical, but ordered it online anyway. When I saw it, I thought "EWW YUCK!! - I'm going to look like a friggin clown with this stuff!!" It IS very bright coral/red in the package, and it IS scary when you first look at it, but when you put it on...WHOLE other story! It is now my favorite cream blush, and I have tried almost all (and have a huge stash of them - Anything from Nars to Stila to Benefit, etc). This blush is a true reflexion of what your cheeks look like when they have a bit of flush to them (for example, if you go out in really cold weather, etc). But not TOO much flush; it's just right. It lasts all day on me; I put it on after my foundation (with my fingers), but before setting powder, and I'm sure the slight amount of powder on top of it helps with the staying power. This is by far the most natural and pretty blush I have tried. I heartily recommend it to anyone! =)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by nena505

Very multi functional. I use it as a blush, base and lip color. A little goes a long way so you only need a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Im surprised I haven't already reviewed this. what a beautiful cream color base, looks great on cheeks and lips, its beautiful on its own or as a base for a blush, i love love love this with either my Marine life, Hipness blush, or Ripe peach!!!! would buy this again in a heartbeat if i ever ran out!

(I bought this online, im not sure if they carry this in any stores i haven't seen it)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by holly222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this from mac recentley and i am glad i bought it, it adds a nice flush of colour to the cheeks, i use a stippling brush to apply. it should last me forever too as you only need a very small amount for it to show up on the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Combination/Oily Skin and I've always been afraid of creme blush or anything creamy (unless it's eyeshadow) close to my skin. Then I saw Pixiwoo and Pixi2woo on youtube showing some corally looks using Virgin Isle. I've noticed that with my skincoloring (NC42/43) I look great in corals. I may be dark and they may be light but the blush looked really bright in the pan so I figured, why not? I got it and I kid you not, it gives off such a beautiful glow to the skin. It feels amazing on and it lasts all day. I use the MAC 109 brush to apply it and it goes on like a dream. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a corally blush. It's my HG blush for the summer. As for purchasing again, I would do so in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I should note that this CCB is now only sold in MAC Pro stores but can be found on their regular website.

This is the perfect color for summer. Although it looks very vibrant and flashy, once blended out (I dab it onto cheeks with my finger and blend it out with my 188 brush), it becomes the most perfect coral ever. I honestly think it can suit any skintone.

This is the first cream product I have bought to use on my cheeks, and I was worried that it would feel heavy and would fade throughout the day. I actually use it over my powder (some say it's a big no-no) and it stays on without a problem and feels very light.

I have also used this on my lips, combined with Makeup For Ever's Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 18C (a nice coral - also looks great with Pink Lemonade Lipglass on top). My lips became a bright coral which again, perfect for summer.

In conclusion, I advise you that if you can purchase this product - in stores or online - do it NOW! You won't be disappointed as it is a go-to for summer. Trust me. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm shocked that this product isn't raved about!!!! this is so awsome!!! it looks bright and scary orange in the pot but on my NC30 skintone, and when applied with a 188, it transforms into a GORGEOUS pinky coral shade!!! Perfect for spring and summer. I think this came out a while ago, but i'm not sure. This is definately one of MAC's hidden gems. If you have one at your CCO, RUN and get this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

1000 stars for this colour! The beautiful coral colour instantly warms up your complexion. I have owned a few CCBs and I think application is key to really getting the most out of them. I have very oily skin and always worry about how cream based products will look on me. When I apply this CCB with my fingers, it just does not look right. It just sits on top of my skin. My most recent purchase - a MAC 130 brush does WONDERS. That brush was made for cream products. If you can still find this CCB, try it. Looks especially great on darker/warm skintones. For reference, I am NW45/NC50.