December 18, 2014 | 1362 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Operation Smile Lip balm

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by tealstars

This lip balm didn't thrill me. It smelled horrible and was really greasy and kind of slimy. The one good thing was that is kept my lips soft. But, I guess it wasn't a total waste of money because it's helping out those kids. I would definately never buy again, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by RedNailz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good basic lip balm. It doesn't have much of a scent at all, which is fine because I prefer no scent over lip products that are gaggingly sweet smelling. Plus it works and it isn't messy. I love the packaging - it's a great compromise between a stick and pot or tin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell of this product is somewhat reminiscent of a petroleum refinery. Basically, this feels like Vaseline. Very greasy product, but useful under lipsticks/lipglosses as a primer and enables a sheerer application of the lipstick/lipgloss. I would not re-buy based on the product alone, but possibly for the great cause the proceeds fund . . .

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackCardBabe

I put this in my order before reading the reviews here first (bad girl!). I bought the clear one, and it definitely has a weird smell, like the plastic on band-aids. It's very emollient, but kind of greasy. I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because it's for charity, but had this been any other lip balm I probably would have returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2004 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ThreeXblessd

My lips get chapped easily and this lip blam works great. I use it every day. I feel good buying it knowing I'm helping the kid's too.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2004 3:38:00 PM More reviews by glamqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this was an impulse buy b/c the sales lady said, "This is only $5.00, all proceeds go to help children have facial surgery, and it is a wonderful lip balm - It's just SHEA BUTTER lip balm." Of course I thought I could help someone in need for a low price and get a Shea Butter lip balm, how great is that? When I got home, I discovered that out of about 20 ingredients, shea butter is 4th from last. This also has a horrible, medicinal smell that I absolutely can't stand. I am glad that I made a donation to help others, but I certainly won't be using this stinky stuff! I will stick with my Clarins or Fresh lip balms.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm was greasy like vaseline and lasted about 5 minutes on my lips. I would not buy this again or recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cchang6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've bought only the clear one, but I think it's the best lip balm I've ever tried. I have very dry lips and I always have to put some type of balm on, whether or not I'm wearing lipstick or gloss on top. It is very emollient and lasts a long time. I think it feels better than Vaseline petroleum jelly (it seems to penetrate better rather that sitting thickly on top of your lips) and I like it more because of the SPF. It obviously must cause numbness in some people from all the posts, but I've never had a similar problem. I think it's a great product for the price. I had never before noticed any bad odor or taste, but in Sept 2004 I ordered 4 tubes because I don't live near a Sephora store. One was fine, but the other 3 had a bad chemical smell. I called Sephora and they sent me another 3. My guess is that one of the ingredients was in too high a quantity, causing the bad smell. My suggestion is that if you buy this product in the store, try it out right away. That way, if it smells bad, you can get another one before you leave.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Brookie

Totally agree on the numb lips; thank goodness, I thought it was just me having some kind of allergic reaction to the stuff. I keep it in my car; if nothing else is handy, I use it. (I think I actually buried it in the center console though...)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

All I can say is that this is going to a good cause. It is really a donation because the product is very ordinary. I think if you can help someone through buying this than what the heck. It is only $5.00. I feel guilty about all the money I spend for my face and these poor people have "real" problems.