DHC Renewing AHA Cream

4.4

water/aqua/eau, lactic acid, butylene glycol, glycerin, sodium lactate, glyceryl stearate SE, propylene glycol stearate, dioctyldodeceth-5 lauroyl glutamate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, glucose, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, magnesium aluminum silicate, zinc oxide, xanthan gum, saccharide isomerate, dimethicone, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, biosaccharide gum-1

Love it! It has changed the texture of my skin to a buttery smoothness. I started using it about 6 months ago, twice a week. It took me about 2 months before I started to notice a change in my skin's texture and a more uniform color. I experience a mild tingling when I put it on at night and it does make your skin feel sticky and appear greasy until you wash it off the next morning. My makeup is much easier to apply because of the texture. Don't forget the sun block which you should be using anyway.

This is one of my key products for keeping my skin smooth. I alternate this AHA treatment with a retinol treatment, using this about 3 to 4 x a week at night only, and the retinol 2x a week. It sometimes stings for a minute and then goes away, but it works beautifully to keep the flakies and blemishes away. It has a nice texture and sinks in quickly. In the daytime I sometimes use Bare Escentuals skin rever upper which has mainly BHA and antioxidants in it. AHA is better for drier, sun-damaged skin and BHA works within the pore to keep them clear. Retinol really does shrink the pore size and helps keep acne at bay...and helps the cells function normally. I'm perimenopausal and am taking progesterone, too (bioidentical/cream). I also have a 14 year old daughter who's a freshman (drama AND stress). It's comin' at me from all directions, but I'm kickin' it's butt!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews, I got free samples of this with my last DHC order. After using it for a few weeks, I can't decide if I want to purchase this in full size, at least not until I try the Alpha Hydrox 10% lotion and/or 12% souffle first because they are cheaper. The samples were very generous and last through two, maybe three uses. There is some slight stinging at first and it's very, very tacky on the skin, but you wake up to a nice glow and it gets all the roughness off my blackhead-prone nose and chin. The samples and package recommend using it 2x weekly, but I'd need to use it every night, so for now I'll pass on this.

Just tried a sample of this - amazing! I was trying to save money by using the AHA Souffle but this is so much better, I may have to purchase. It does sting for maybe 10,15 minutes - not comfortable but tolerable. And then my skin was silky soft! It was incredible.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I currently use Alpha Hydrox 12 percent cream, but I tried a 2 day sample of this cream and I believe the quality is better in the DHC because it stings for 20 to 30 minutes. Doing its job!!
I find it odd that it stings so much because my skin is used to alpha hydrox cream.but maybel the Alpha Hydrox brand is not as hight quality as DHC. So I will purchase a full size and add this to my DHC regime. The quality of these Japanese beauty products is OUTSTANDING.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my fave product from DHC. I apply this every other night after cleansing/toning. It burns for about 30 minutes, but it is tolerable. At least you know it's working. I tried d/s AHA products and felt nothing. With DHC AHA, my skin has never looked better. I wake up to even, glowing skin that feels soft and fresh. I dropped it once and the pump malfunctioned, so be careful! I will def. repurchase when I finally use this up (1.5 fl oz) Two pumps is sufficient, so this lasts a good while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product, I have been using this product twice a week for about 2 weeks and this morning i actually saw the difference! My skin was and still is glowing!!! I am taking 1 lippie off because of the price, its a little steep but worth it. It does not sting as bad as i thought it would but it is pretty sticky, but thats ok since i use it before bed anyway.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have used the samples a few times and do like this product very much. It can be a tad drying for me, but my skin does feel soft. I exfoliate regularly with really good products so the results were not remarkable. I would consider buying possibly, but really my Knutek products are much better. Their Omega Peel leaves my face super soft without the harshness or flaky drying.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed, renewed, and baby soft. I don't know how I ever got along without it.

I use it about once a week, at night. After cleansing and toning with DHC products I put on the AHA Cream. I follow that with dhc's rich moisture and the olive virgin oil.

The first time you use the AHA it does sting a little and you may get a slight flush to your skin. But it goes away within 10-20 minutes. It stings because it is removing that top layer of dead skin, revealing the fresh soft skin underneath.

I like using it at night because I don't need to use SPF with it.
I also like that it gets to sit on my face for hours without any makeup to interfere. I think adding the Rich Moisture and olive virgin oil afterwards really helps to keep the newly exposed skin cells moist and soft. I put those on a little heavier when I use my AHA than I would on a typical night. ( I wouldn't recommend using this product any other time than before bed. Take advantage of its positives and let it do its job at night)

From the very first time you use this product you will see a difference. When you wake up in the morning your skin will feel baby soft, from day 1!! My first exposure to this product was a free sample, and after waking up with super soft skin, I was hooked for life.

Aside from the super soft skin I've found that this product also helps a lot with the red blemishes I get after popping a zit. My skin can be sensitive and after getting rid of a zit I am left with a red spot that can last many weeks or even months. The AHA cream has helped cut down on the amount of time it takes for that red spot to disappear. Now it is gone within a week or two. A nice bonus.

Buy this product and you won't be disappointed. At the very least try a free sample from their website. Even after one application you will see a difference in your skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for about 3 weeks now and I have seen a significant improvement in texture and brightness. I have combo skin. Actually really hard to figure out, dry cheeks, normal T zone but prone to forehead breakouts. Only negative is that I experience stinging and a little itching after the initial application but that goes away after about an hour and it seems to worth the discomfort. I am using other DHC products but this one and the Deep Cleansing Oil are my favorites.