August 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Treatments (Face) - DHC - Renewing AHA Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I currently use Alpha Hydrox 12 percent cream, but I tried a 2 day sample of this cream and I believe the quality is better in the DHC because it stings for 20 to 30 minutes. Doing its job!!
I find it odd that it stings so much because my skin is used to alpha hydrox cream.but maybel the Alpha Hydrox brand is not as hight quality as DHC. So I will purchase a full size and add this to my DHC regime. The quality of these Japanese beauty products is OUTSTANDING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fave product from DHC. I apply this every other night after cleansing/toning. It burns for about 30 minutes, but it is tolerable. At least you know it's working. I tried d/s AHA products and felt nothing. With DHC AHA, my skin has never looked better. I wake up to even, glowing skin that feels soft and fresh. I dropped it once and the pump malfunctioned, so be careful! I will def. repurchase when I finally use this up (1.5 fl oz) Two pumps is sufficient, so this lasts a good while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by cristina26

Great product, I have been using this product twice a week for about 2 weeks and this morning i actually saw the difference! My skin was and still is glowing!!! I am taking 1 lippie off because of the price, its a little steep but worth it. It does not sting as bad as i thought it would but it is pretty sticky, but thats ok since i use it before bed anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the samples a few times and do like this product very much. It can be a tad drying for me, but my skin does feel soft. I exfoliate regularly with really good products so the results were not remarkable. I would consider buying possibly, but really my Knutek products are much better. Their Omega Peel leaves my face super soft without the harshness or flaky drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ladybug_3777

I LOVE this product. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed, renewed, and baby soft. I don't know how I ever got along without it.

I use it about once a week, at night. After cleansing and toning with DHC products I put on the AHA Cream. I follow that with dhc's rich moisture and the olive virgin oil.

The first time you use the AHA it does sting a little and you may get a slight flush to your skin. But it goes away within 10-20 minutes. It stings because it is removing that top layer of dead skin, revealing the fresh soft skin underneath.

I like using it at night because I don't need to use SPF with it.
I also like that it gets to sit on my face for hours without any makeup to interfere. I think adding the Rich Moisture and olive virgin oil afterwards really helps to keep the newly exposed skin cells moist and soft. I put those on a little heavier when I use my AHA than I would on a typical night. ( I wouldn't recommend using this product any other time than before bed. Take advantage of its positives and let it do its job at night)

From the very first time you use this product you will see a difference. When you wake up in the morning your skin will feel baby soft, from day 1!! My first exposure to this product was a free sample, and after waking up with super soft skin, I was hooked for life.

Aside from the super soft skin I've found that this product also helps a lot with the red blemishes I get after popping a zit. My skin can be sensitive and after getting rid of a zit I am left with a red spot that can last many weeks or even months. The AHA cream has helped cut down on the amount of time it takes for that red spot to disappear. Now it is gone within a week or two. A nice bonus.

Buy this product and you won't be disappointed. At the very least try a free sample from their website. Even after one application you will see a difference in your skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by bgsantander

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have been using this for about 3 weeks now and I have seen a significant improvement in texture and brightness. I have combo skin. Actually really hard to figure out, dry cheeks, normal T zone but prone to forehead breakouts. Only negative is that I experience stinging and a little itching after the initial application but that goes away after about an hour and it seems to worth the discomfort. I am using other DHC products but this one and the Deep Cleansing Oil are my favorites.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had some samples of this stuff so I decided to try it out. This stuff does work. My face did feel smoother after one application, but the stinging drove me crazy for several minutes and it felt sticky on my face. The stinging I could take but the sticky feeling I couldn't so I threw away the rest of my samples. What really gets me though is the price. For less than a third of the cost I can use Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream with the same percentage of AHA. For less than half of the cost I can get Alpha Hydrox Souffle with the HIGHER 12% AHA. I can't recommend this when I know there are cheaper products out there in drugstores that are just as effective.

UPDATE: MUAer mu_atalltimes corrected me that this product uses lactic acid instead of glycolic acid as its AHA. I don't understand the need for correction as both are AHAs and I never stated that DHC's cream had glycolic acid, but I understand her point that someone might prefer lactic acid in the DHC Renewing AHA Cream instead of the glycolic acid in Alpha Hydrox as lactic acid can be more gentle to the skin. For those that want to read more on lactic acid I found this in Discovery Health: http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/beauty/lactic-acid-skin-care.htm.

For those that insist on lactic acid then maybe the $42.50 for 1.5 oz is worth the price. Finding a lactic acid product specifically for the face can be challenging. I only know of the DHC product though I only did a quick google search for a lactic acid face cream. Google lead me to Amlactin Moisturizing Lotion 12%: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16752&catid=182918&aid=333840&aparam=0kPyc8_iJjY-TZcPCQC635hzRPY3XDLBjQ

This is a body lotion but more than one reviewer stated they use it on their face too with great results and $20.69 for 14 oz at 12%, which is higher than the 10% of DHC's cream. It's listed in MUA as an "unlisted brand." So to summarize if you don't mind the high price then go for DHC Renewing AHA Cream. As for me I think I'll try this Amlactin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by caregirl12

Great product!! I switched to this product months ago and have been using it diligently. Apply twice or 3 times every week, at night, followed by water based moisture, then acerola gel. My face is smooth as silk the next morning. This product really takes off dead skin as promised!! I have combo skin - very oily in the summer and semi-dry in the winter. Been testing out DHC's product and this is my favorite by far. Still working on the best moisturizer for my skin thou.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by tokyohapa

I have oily/combo skin and prone to sporadic one-zit breakouts.

I use this twice a week at night, following my routine of DHC pure soap and DHC mild lotion. I didn't notice any tingling or stinging sensation when I first used it. The cream is a little on the sticky side, but I found that it spreads easier if my face is a little damp.

My face felt smoother the following morning, and by the next week I could see the results. My skin looked clearer and my scars have lightened.

The price is a bit steep, however on sale, it is definately worth the splurge. The packing is great and I love how the top is a pump dispenser, which minimizes contamination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 10:25:00 PM More reviews by VanessaVQ

This is my favorite face product! I use it two nights a week after my regular cleansing routine and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. My skin tone looks more even, my skin feels smoother and I'm not breaking out as much as I used to. Not only has this helped minimize the quantity of pimples I get (my skin is combo with occassional pimples), it has also helped to quickly heal the few that I do have. I don't have any big wrinkles either, but I must have had some small/fine ones because I have definitely seen a difference and other people have also mentioned how smooth my skin looks lately. It's usually $37 which is more than I like to spend, but since nearly all the rest of my skincare products are from the drugstore, this is my "splurge" and it's worth every penny.