October 25, 2014 | 1151 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Parfait - Complexion Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by fallengalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As i don't like wearing foundation at all , i found this fab( i bought no.2 and then got no.4 as free gift) i use the lighter one during the day and darker one when i'm going out. My face felt soft all day and rarely needed to be touched,also I didnt need to use another product to keep my rosie cheeks at bay!!!! i love this

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2007 11:38:00 PM More reviews by England1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm clearly in the minoirty but I'm not at all wowed by this product. I purchased it in apricot, in the hopes it would provide subtle warmth/healthy glow or even out my skin tone OR SOMETHING nice. It really doesn't seem to do much of anything for me though. I definitely can't use this alone without foundation . .maybe could have got away with it ten years ago when my skin was pretty much perfect anyway!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nilene

I have this in Mauve #1 because of the yellow undertones on my skin. It helps to even it out and brightens it up a bit. It's no miracle worker but it certainly does make it much better. For the price, I expected better. But other than that, it's an overall good primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jacks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i generally don't wear foundation daily, but i wanted something to give my skin a little boost and keep it from looking blah. i've tried tinted moisturizers instead, but haven't found one with a consistency/texture that i like. i needed to make another purchase at the duty free store in japan so i could get a free skin care package and the sales assistant told me to try the teint parfait. i now use it everyday by itself to give my skin a little glow and a smoother appearance. i use this with just blush and powder and my skins looks great. the texture is very nice and does not dry out my skin and has a nice matte finish i have pretty dry/somewhat sensitive skin in winters and normal/combin skin in summers. i have the color in #2 and will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2006 3:01:00 AM More reviews by sophienguyen7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love. It's been 8 months since I've been wearing this product almost everyday with and w/o makeup. My skin is smoooooothed out and radiant with or without foundation. I have #7. I have some large pores and because sometimes I work late and have trouble sleeping, on most days my eyes look tired and my skin is dull and it use to be extremely hard for me to find something that could control oilies w/o making my skin flaky and masque like with foundation on. The Parfait really wakes up my face and really, my skin feels like it has nothing on it. Expect your skin to look refreshed and awake. This is by far the best expensive make up investment I've ever made. Nordstrom $36 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

This is my favorite primer of all the ones I have (Smashbox, Kevyn Aucoin, La Prairie Rose Illusion). I really like all the ones I mentioned but if I had to pick just ONE, the YSL Teint parfait is THE one. Here's why...

Controls oil the longest for me but that means it may be too drying for those with dry skin.

Has the best finish of the bunch when combined with my cream or liquid foundation. And keeps my foundation looking the freshest the longest without me having to blot.

Comes in a squeeze tube for ease and convenience.

Decent amount of product for the money. It's not super cheap but not super expensive either (like the La Prairie one and K.A. is expensive considering you get less than half of an ounce).

I got it in Lavender but don't expect the color to really do anything (didn't for me) so it doesn't matter what color you get it in. It's a great primer but the color component is kind of useless IMO.

There is a slight fragrance but it fades pretty quickly. Also with regards to smell, La Prairie smells the best (roses), K.A. has no smell that I can detect, and I like the smell of the Smashbox one the least because it has a kind of chemical smell to it.

It is silicone based but it is not anywhere as oily/greasy feeling as the Smashbox one. K.A and La Prairie isn't as greasy as Smashbox either.

All in all, YSL is a great primer and a keeper in my book!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Mel44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a GWP, which was lucky for me, as it asn't something I would generally buy on it's own. I really like the smoothness it gives my skin, as it's subtle shimmer, so that you can't really see the sparkle - unlike a usual shimmer - it just leaves a pretty glow. The colour is a natural skin tone and doesn't affect my foundation colour afterwards. I've found myself using this daily now, and I will no doubt incorporate it into my routine for good! As a primer, it is smoothing and subtle and has this same effect after the foundation goes on (I have worn it alone and like it this way also when my skin looks clear). I also touch it around my orbitle bones after foundation and concealor so that it highlights that area and gives me more contour around my cheek bones. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 7:48:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this one in 2 and its great to mix with my clarins skin tint. It gives a great glow to my skin. It almost feels like looking at my skin through one of those soft focus lens, highly recomended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 8:29:00 PM More reviews by girlygrl8

i have this in 3(champagne). usually, i wear it alone without any other makeup except some loose powder to set it. it really does even out my skin tone and give my face a subtle glow. pretty expensive, but it lasts a while. i took a lippy off, though, because it has no spf and doesn't control oil all that well. i have normal/oily combination skin, and my face is usually shiny after a few hours when i use this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2006 2:39:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

I have this one in mauve. It goes on very light, spreads easily, smoothes the skin and enhances the tone, looks true and natural. I have combination to dry skin and see less shine throughout the day. However, I don't use foundation since my skin is clear and only follow with powder, so I find this a bit too sheer on its own and isn't that miracle when it comes to enhancing, I want something that has a tad bit more coverage to even out my skin. It works much better for me when I mix it with my Shiseido tinted uv protecting primer. Won't buy again because I'm not a fan of primers without sunscreen.