September 2, 2014 | 1871 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bare Light ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I really love this product and always have it on hand. I have this, benefit moonbean and highbeam, and MAC msf in porcelain pink as well as having tried a gagillion other highlighters. This is my favorite out of all of them! It looks the most natural on, and isn't glittery or shimmery, just "glowy". The only reason it gets a 4 and not a 5 is that it doesn't stay on under my eyes or on my inner corner very well. But its lovely blended w/ moisturizer or foundation as well as sponged or brushed on temples and cheek bones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I bought this about a year ago and used it a couple times alone and didn't care for it. I don't remember why exactly but it got put in the reserve pile. I decided to put it up for swap since it seems to be hard to find and maybe someone else would enjoy it...So I tested it to make sure it was still good and mixed a little in with my tinted moisturizer...Holy Smokes! The combo makes my skin flawless and glowing. Sorry gals, I am keeping this one! Its been hard to find so I hope its not D/C...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2006 3:32:00 AM More reviews by ailsa_alright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this illuminator for AGES, it seriously lasts forever! it's pretty light so you couldnt use it as a bronzer or anything, but on my fair skin it looks nice, i use it on my cheeks, temples and the bridge of my nose, it looks nice, not glittery, but a nice sheer glow :) i use this on its own usually when i'm to lazy to put make up on, with bedhead or something, looks awesome. the packaging is awkard, if you travel too much will it in the top and it is impossible! a little goes a long way! the brush is hopeless to! other than that not bad :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 10:51:00 PM More reviews by sim_loves_makeup

I loooovee this stuff! I'm an NC35 and I use this stuff whenever I go to parties or when I go out for an evening look because it adds such a nice shimmer when I apply it to my neck, arms and legs. It adds to that glamorous look! I use the Bare Light at evening parties.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found this powder to not be as Bare as I would have thought. I would have called it Star Light or something since it has a nice shimmer but then there's the obvious tiny flecks of glitter which might be a bit too much for daytime. I expected the shade to be a bit more yellow-based since I was judging on the color of the label/container but the powder itself it a bit pinkier in the tub. I also found it has a very strong Revlon odour that just aggrevated my sensitive skin! The container itself is cute since it has a little spot in the top for the portable brush. Overall, it's a good price when comparing it with Laura Mercier or Prescriptives Highlighter Powders but I would have expected Revlon to be a bit cheaper! It would also be nice if they had testers so that you can get an appropriate match.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by wheaty7

I mix it with my regular foundation or moisturizer and apply and it gives me glowy look. The tube contains a lot of product and the pump design is good. The smell is like greentea which is pleasant. overall, it is a good product but I will not buy it again because it takes me more time to apply cuz I have to mix it with other stuff. Now I use Rimmel recover which can achieve the glowy look with only one step.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2006 9:41:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I liked this although found the smell a bit offputting!
    Have now owned it for about 2 months and have stopped using it as it made me break out.
    Used it for a bit then badly broke out wasnt sure it was this so stopped and I cleared up. Started using it again and have broke out again!
    It's going in the bin! Just as well it didn't cost that much!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tropical___pinkk

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this stuff! It's is a beauty staple for me, and it makes my skin look naturally luminous and healthy. I see pictures of me a couple of months ago, and recent pics of me (wearing this highlighter) and my skin just looks dewy-er and nicer.

It is quite expensive, ($12 at Walmart), but you do get a lot of powder in the container. It is a very soft, and shimmery (but not GLITTERY... does that make sense?) powder, that can really accent your features (either your cheekbones, browbone, your eyes, slim your nose, etc!). To apply, I give the closed container a little shake, then I open the container up, and I take the top off. The top (since I shook it) has a little powder on it for me to apply with my brush. That way, you don't get globs of pretty shimmer on your face. =) I'm definitely buying this again! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by tasha1977

I bought this (powder version) yesterday and wore it for the first time last night (on cheeks and bridge of nose and chin). I am currently pregnant with really (pregnancy induced) troubled skin, yet I had perfect strangers come up to me last night and tell me how much they wished they had been so radiant when they were pregnant. Ya gotta love that! The shimmer is so subtle that it works both day and night and I will never be without this product!! If I have to have a gripe, it would be that the top section of the lid (that contains the little brush) is unnecessary and makes the product too tall to fit snugly in my makeup drawer. Minor inconvenience that is worth dealing with for this WONDERFUL product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder and all, but it's really only something I would feel comfortable wearing at night. It just seems a bit too glittery to wear during the day - maybe the lotion is less noticeable. It looks pretty if you apply it in only a few places like browbones and cheekbones, but you definitely shouldn't attempt to apply it all over your face unless you're going all out for Halloween (which happens to be today!)