LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

3.4

on 2/27/2013 8:44:00 PM

I love the fresh clean feeling this gives me and it doesnt leave me w soap risadue i like the smell too bought it for my hubby but after using it i was hooked on it and kept it for myself

on 1/27/2013 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

PROS
extremely pleasant and fresh fragrance
can be exfoliating
cleanses well
lasts long

CONS
can be drying
doesn't lather too well

on 9/26/2012 5:29:00 AM

Well after i read a review here that said to try this as a face soap,
i thought why not? as it suppose to clarifying and Sterilizing with the salt, lime and seaweed- what can go worng?
so i asked for a sample and notice the mircle- less spots, ans the one that apper will go lot faster with this one.

So maybe Lush didn't intend this to be a soap face, but i think it's their best ;)

I love the scent of Sea Vegetable, it's my absolutely favourite scent. Scent wise it's similar to big blue (the bath bomb), which I also love. This soap also gets rid of the bumps on my arms which is always lovely. It is perhaps, a bit drying, but nothing a good moisturiser doesn't fix. I've recommended it to many friends!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was finally able to visit a LUSH store and was given a small slice of this as a freebie. That slice lasted me 8 days and I liked it a lot. It cleans well without drying but it's also not moisturizing by any means. It does have some exfoliating properties and smells like mint, lemons and salt. I really love the scent. I may or may not rebuy since I prefer a creamy soap and I'm not near a store.

on 1/23/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the first LUSH soap I've used, and I think it's pretty good. Not amazing, but good.

It doesn't lather, but I don't think it's even meant to... so I wasn't alarmed. I ended up using this as a facial soap, and it worked GREAT! I have the oiliest skin, and this soap made it so clean that it literally squeaked! That was just one of the things that I found awesome about this soap.

The only downfall is, if you leave it in a moist place, it begins to look slightly unpleasant... instead of retaining its blue-black shade, it turns to an unsavory-looking ice blue. This is what caused me to take off a lippie, since the look of the opaque ice blue sort of put me off using it.

Moral of story: keep it in a dry place, and you'll have a new best friend. :D

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this, and Demon in the Dark soaps about a week ago. Apparently the minimum amount you can buy in NZ, is 100g but the SA was lovely and cut me 70g pieces of both instead. :) This soap smells amazing, and looks even better. When the seaweed is mixed in with a few embedded pieces of salt and it's wet, the top feels exactly like the ocean floor. I loved the idea of this soap, however, I am VERY disappointed. The first time I used this, it lathered very poorly. And now it wont lather at all. I may have gotten a dud batch, but I'm very hesitant about trying it again. The price here is $8.99 NZD for 100g of soap (I paid about $6 for 70g) and that is rather a lot to pay for soap that doesn't lather and does absolutely nothing. Hopefully I will have more luck with Demon in the Dark, or this could potentially be the end of my venture into LUSH soaps. EDIT: Bumping this up a lippy because it's started to lather again, don't really know what the problem was in the first place? This soap must also be one of the harder ones as it's not melting away fast at all. Nevertheless, I still probably will not repurchase.

on 9/23/2011 8:43:00 AM

I am a repeat purchaser of Sea Vegetable. My husband really hates it but I am a die hard LUSH fan, so what can I do? I just like the way it smells, and the fact that unlike a number of other LUSH soaps (Rock Star being the worst culprit) it doesn't dry my skin out. Goes great with Seanik shampoo. Visit the seaside in your shower every day!

on 8/26/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite soap from Lush thus far. I love the coloring, the way it looks, and te smell. It smells like lime and lemon with a hint of lavender and salt. I love the seaweed and sea salt at the top. This soap lathers great and the smell stays on the skin nicely. I always have to have this in my house.

on 7/15/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this soap, I love the mix between lavender, sea salt and lemons. It's a great combination. It doesn't dry my skin, it works great during Hot days, I will repurchase it no doubt ,,!