July 31, 2014 | 1102 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I'm happy to lash out on makeup and skin care, I'm also inherently cheap about certain things - baby shampoo instead of more costly brush cleaners, for example, and drugstore/Costco cotton circles for toner, polish remover, etc. I know of these squares from Shiseido but didn't think they could be so different as to justify their price. But I got a box of these as part of an awesome GWP and was immediately sold on them for my face care. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that a huge package of these is "only" $11 CDN. which is not nearly as expensive as I thought they would be. To make them even more economical, you can cut them in half to make them go further (I sometimes do this if I'm just removing a bit of smudged mascara).

Others have described well how soft these squares are and how they don't disintegrate or tear apart or leave bits of fluff or lint on your face or around your eyes. And they don't soak up as much product (toner, Bioderm or eye makeup remover) as ordinary flat cotton discs/circles seem to do so in the long run, they may actually be a saving since you're not wasting expensive product. They are so soft and don't have any sharp or angular edges so they are that much better for use in removing eye makeup when you need to get really close to the rims of your eyes.

I wouldn't waste these for removing nail polish but for toners and eye makeup remover, these are just the nicest cotton pads I've ever tried. They feel like a nice bit of gentle luxury.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, these are amazing!
Let me tell you how annoying it is to try and remove eye makeup with cotton balls and other wipes/pads and they leave half of the cotton/product stuck to your face. With these, that doesnt happen at all. They leave no residue behind at all and I was immediately SOLD!

I heard about these here on MUA and figured I would give it a shot. Dont get me wrong I was a tad skeptical thinking "now what is all the hype behind these, and cotton pads/balls are simply that.. nothing major, right".... WRONG! I find that I use less makeup remover, toner, etc. They are so soft, wipe the eyes and face clean, toner just glides on, and they are really gentle on the skin. You dont have to scrub your face at all with these like you would with cotton balls.

Ive even included some as "extras" in a few of my swaps here on MUA and the ladies have written me thanking me for their newly found addiction to the facial cottons,.. (Ooopps, sorrrryyyyy) LOL!!!

Only negative.. the price! When I purchased mine they were 9.00 online for a pack of 100 I think, but I have seen them listed at 11.00 also! Thats ridiculous, but I will say its totally worth it. If you are deciding if you should try these, I say GO FOR IT! If you and a friend want to go half on a package and split them, I would try that first as opposed to just going out and buying a full package and you arent really sure about them. ... but in my opinion, you wont find anything else out there like these!!!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best cotton pad to remove make up. Better used with liquid cleansers as it frays with oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Imagine using delicate angel's wings to apply product to your face, and that is the equivalent of using the Shiseido facial cotton. I save these luxurious cotton squares to apply my P50, because the cost of that is so absurd I need to save every drop that I can. And these definitely help me in that quest. There's no linty residue, the cotton pads don't rip and soak through when using toner, and they don't have the scratchy, sharp edges that cotton rounds sometimes do. All in all, these are complete perfection, and while a luxury ($$$), they're worth it. If you have expensive toners or liquid products that you apply to your face, these are a must!

I would repurchase, and I always have a pack of these on hand, as they are like none other. But I still use the cheap-o cotton rounds for nail polish removal; I don't want to waste my delicate Shiseido squares on anything other than my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dancingfool09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these cotton pads for over 10 years. I've tried cheaper ones many times but always go back to these, They leave no lint or residue on the face. They save on the quantity of product you are using with them and lets face it (pun intended) the product is usually much more expensive than the cotton pads! I will always use Shiseido Facial Cotton.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is so sensitive and everytime I removed my eye makeup with drugstore cotton pads I ended up with bright red rings around my entire eye area. I wasn't scrubbing at my eyes or anything, even the lightest touch with regular cotton was just painful and felt too rough. I use a Shu cleansing oil a lot but when I want to use my Cle de Peau remover (which I love) it was just wasted on those pads.

I can't believe it took me so long to discover these. I can't do without them now and they're a staple in my skincare routine. They're soft, durable, thick, and like others have mentioned, they really help reduce product waste. I use about half the amount of makeup remover with these cottons than I did with regular cotton. Also I was going through four or five of the regular cottons because they just don't hold up well with rubbing etc., so they were getting wasted as well. I only need one of these cottons for both eyes and the occasional lipstick/lipgloss removal.

These have made a remarkable difference for me. I no longer have redness or stinging around my eyes, and I don't have to repurchase my expensive makeup removers as often. They're expensive considering it's a disposable facial cotton but for me they're worth every penny just so I don't have to dread removing my makeup every night. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's well worth the $11 (price at Shoppers Drug Mart) for a bag. It doesn't leave any lint behind and does not waste product at all. It also holds the toner well within it's cotton square, so that when you apply it to your face, you pretty much get amount of toner you originally applied onto the cotton.

It's a little pricey for cotton squares but in the long run you save money on a (possibly more) expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by nostradamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do your face a favour and try these cotton pads. The price makes one a bit wary, but since purchasing a pack, I'm pretty much a convert. In addition to being more effective than the average drugstore variety, it has a luxurious feel to its softness that I've not encountered with another brand. Not to be crass, but it's like the difference between single and multi-ply toilet paper! Your skin is sensitive and as it's constantly exposed to an arsenal of beauty products, it makes sense to treat it GENTLY when you're taking off the day.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Simple product but these cotton squares are awesome. If you use cotton balls or pads in your skincare routine at all, you should try these at least once. Almost no product gets wasted- it all ends up on the skin instead of soaked up into the cotton. So even though these cotton squares are expensive ($9.50 at Sephora) they end up saving you a fortune in the long run because you're using so much less of your liquid products. One package of 165 lasts forever too, you get a lot for your $9.50- and they're softer than soft, absolutely luxurious.
My only complaint about this product is the packaging, it's a soft plastic bag without any type of ziploc closure. It's incredibly basic, I wish they'd come up with a more elegant solution. But all in all, I LOVE this product- would repurchase again and again!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by DinaC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These cotton squares cost way more than the ones you can buy in the drugstore, but they are worth it. The cotton is extremely fine and incredibly soft. If your skin is sore or sensitive, you'll feel the difference immediately. I use a retin-A product that sometimes makes my skin feel tender, so the extra softness of these cotton squares is great. Also, the cotton squares absorb liquid products like toner easily and transfer it to your skin without any rubbing or tugging. The cotton squares come in a plastic wrap that keeps them clean and dry. Extra tip: The Container Store sells a lucite box that is the perfect size to hold a stack of these squares on your bathroom counter or in your cabinet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No