Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

They hold up better than regular cotton .

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can't believe that I have'nt reviewed those yet. Those cottons, combined with Bioderma H20, changed my makeup remover routine for ever. I feel stupid for buying those as they are so much more expensive than the regular round cotton pads from Dollar tree, but these are oh-so-worth it! I have really sensitive skin and my skin turn red as soon as I do something to it. I use some too harsh makeup remover wipes (looking at you Simple wipes) and then my skin hate me for a week and I look like a beet for the rest of the day....Those cotton... they SOOTHE my skin (wtf, right?). You will not believe that they are that good and you will find everyone else crazy for buying those... until you try them. That's how I felt.... and now I'm hooked.

So all-in-all, don't buy them unless you are willing to pay 12$ for a bag of makeup remover cotton pad for the rest of your life because you-are-a-princess-who-have-to-remove-her-makeup-with-butterfly-wings-and-rainbows ! ;-)

HG for me :)

Absolutely AMAZING!! After just one use I can see why people rave about these. I used one sheet to remove my eye makeup, concealer and powder. I used another with my toner. I can see that these are worth the money and I'm excited I finally bought them. I always felt removing my makeup was such a chore. Not anymore!

Amazing. Soft, strong and the biggest thing - - No fuzzy residue on your face.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

So I bought these because of rave reviews, and after going through 80% of my package, I am sure I won't be repurchasing. Yea, they are soft. Fluffy. But do they feel like I am wiping across my face with soft flutters of angelic angel wings? No. I think these are overly hyped up and that there are comparable cottons at the local drugstore, at a much more cost effective price. I am glad I purchased these though, cause it made me feel part of the makeup/skincare obsessed club (because who hasn't tried these right?). Going to pamper myself with unbleached cotton pads next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

LOVE this facial cotton. I honestly didn't understand why it was so high rated or hyped until I tried it and now I can't go back

Pros:
- super soft
- leaves no cotton chunks or residue
- large

Cons:
- soaks a bit too much product in, a little too thick --BUT!!!

I have a solution for the only con and a way to double the life of your package of these babies, I've cut down to using just one pad a day, but I've turned it into about 4 smaller pads.

Rip the pad in half so that you have two big rectangles. You'll have the wispy bits showing on one side of each and if you rub those on your face, yes, they will come off. But I just fold each piece in half so I have two thinner pads that have only the soft, non sticky outer part exposed. From there sometimes I use scissors and cut them (usually if I'm doing some eye make up remover). They become just thin enough to saturate the pad without wasting product, but still thick enough that they're super soft against your skin. (You may like them super thick still though so if they don't bother you the way they are don't bother ripping and messing with them )
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/2jer68l.jpg[/IMG]

When I think back on how I used to use drug store cotton pads, I shudder. Those should be used for removing nail polish, as they are far too rough for your face -especially if you are using them to remove makeup around the delicate eye area. I tried organic cotton pads as an alternative to the harsh, textured ones, but they would fall apart and leave little bits of cotton all over my face and eyes. I'm so glad I finally found Shiseido's facial cottons! They are supremely soft, large, and are near impossible to tear during use, whether wet or dry. They're perfectly absorbent, but don't waste any product. While some complain these are more expensive than drug store cotton pads, they really aren't. I usually pay around $5 (in NYC) for a pack of 80 drug store cotton rounds. Shiseido has 165 count priced at $9.50...factor in the higher quality, and I think these are appropriately priced, and a much better deal. Additionally, you could cut these in half and they would still be sufficiently sized for makeup removal. I don't cut mine, but I have read of many that do. I consider these one of the best upgrades to my beauty routine.

really great cotton

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Uuuuugh ANOTHER too-damn-expensive-for-what-it-is product (looking at you Beauty Blender cleansing bar) that actually works. They're so soft, they don't leave fuzzies on my face, they don't tear, aaaand Sephora now has free flash shipping available to er'body for $10.00 a year. I've already ordered 2 more packages... *side eyeing myself*. Oh...I use 5 a day, 1 front/back for my morning micellar water cleanser, 1 front/back for my face makeup removal, 1 front/back for eye makeup removal, 1 for my toner and 1 for my diy Vit C serum.

Honestly, I balked at spending 7 dollars more than the drugstore ones I swore by (Swisspers)...but, honestly, I spend 7 bucks on stupid crap on any given week so, this was a no-brainer. It is so great. So worth it. I use one for my entire face, and no cotton is left behind. I recommended this to a makeup artist who was doing my eyeshadow and they went to the Shiseido counter and grabbed one. They were also hooked. Truly worth it. I have been buying this for years and am surprised I didn't write a review on this previously.

Popular Face Skincare Products