November 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough Serum is a good multi-purpose serum for the face and body. It absorbs fairly well into my skin and keeps my skin adequately moisturized throughout the day. While I enjoy using this product, I wish it was more natural - it contains synthetic fragrance and preservatives. I prefer using pure argan oil (either by Josie Maran or Beta Naturals) for my all-around beauty needs - it's less expensive, all-natural, absorbs quickly, and works very well at moisturizing my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this oil! I know applying oil to your face sounds scary, but it works! I actually apply about 5-7 drops to my face in the day underneath my face moisturizer (I like philosophy's Take a Deep Breath). Philosophy suggests using this at night, but I dont feel like it moisturizes enough for me at night. However, this oil gives me baby soft skin and a radiant healthy glow. I am not oily looking in the day at all. At night I like to put on olive oil and When Hope Is Not Enough face cream to give me added moisture. The other day I had a facial, and even the esthetician commented on how soft and pretty my skin is. I will definitely repurchase this oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by NordsdtromAddicted

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the JUMBO size from Nordstrom, and it's awesome. If I skip it for a few days, I can see the difference in my skin. I don't look as "alive" when I opt for something else, and that forces me to be pretty loyal. Sometimes I layer it with other serums too, waiting between applications (obviously not with a Retinol serum since I hear VitC opposes its efforts). It sinks right in like a dream....no stickiness at all. I can use my foundation right over it, but I have trouble if I try to put Chanel Line Correction moisturizer with SPF on over it. The Chanel will roll.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shellieseas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this several times. I have been a Jan Marini fan, but when I am out of C-esta I rely on this. I have oily skin, but I can wear this under makeup or sunscreen without issues. I like the scent. It doesn't bother me. It is extremely lightweight and doesn't feel heavy. Overall, this helps keep my skin calm and clear with even skin tones. The small bottle lasts a long time, and I use this on a daily basis. It costs around $40 so it's reasonable. I would recommend this to those of us over 35 with any skin type (dry, oily, combo, normal).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I've been using this for almost 2 months only in the evening. It gives my face a nice glow. I don't have a lot of wrinkles (yet) so I don't know how this would work on them. For me I just like the glow it gives and the extra moisturing before bed. The price is pretty reasonable as well compared to many other serum in the market. I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by DarkHorseRising

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE! After 2 weeks I had a face full of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. This was the only new product in my skincare routine. I discontinued use and my face cleared up almost completely in 2 days. Enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jtg1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Advertised as a "facial firming serum," this does exactly what it says, albeit not overnight. It took close to a full bottle before I noticed results. I am now on my third, and on auto-ship to avoid ever being without. What it is: a lightweight, super-absorbing, hydrating, antioxidant-packed serum that is wonderful for restoring balance and elasticity. Packaged in a dark brown bottle with a dropper, ingredients are sure to remain stable--unlike creams in a jar, which compromise integrity by exposure to light and air. What it is not: there is no retinol, hydroquinone or exfoliants in this, so you will not erase wrinkles, freckles, acne or dull skin by using only this serum. However, using it consistently will likely prevent all of these things from occurring. It's the only moisturizer I use in the morning, and the first thing on my face in the evening. Since adding WHINE to my skin care regimen, my husband has said more than once: "You look younger today." Good enough for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and have not seen any results yet. I use it at night with my moisturizer and and in the morning with my sunscreen. I also mix it with the Philosophy Vitamin C Booster Powder. It says on the bottle to use 3-4 drops every time but I have been using it for only 2 weeks and I am already half way empty. Will I even get to see results before it runs out?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by labornurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy grail to brighten oily skin. Love this lightweight serum. Weightless and soothing. Will rebuy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by RussetBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is HG status for me. Never in my life have I had my skin so smooth and clear. It's a little pricey but lasts a while and is worth it. My skintone is now even, smooth, and my pores... what pores? I mix this with their Vitamin C powder for extra benefits for my skin. Can't say enough good things about this product.