April 20, 2014 | 1412 users online

Moisturizers - Neostrata - Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by rucci80

I have used the lotion version but i do use this cream for the extra concentration and "oomph" when required.
Helped clear my skin in days and prevent major oily puss like zits forming.
I had clear skin til 29 years of age and suddenly developed adult acne with big white heads but after using this and the lotion version it cleared up my skin 60%.
only down side is the smell and stinging but it does subside after a week or so, just be very vigilant and religious with it.
It doesnt thin yourmskin, it makes ur cell turn over faster with the aha in it.
Highly recommend this holdy grail prodcut, though hard to find in australia i found it at chemist warehouse hidden away.
Acne scars healed incredibly and prevents the nasty zits i used to get, and disappears much faster during my period.
Used with clarisonic cleanser andniuse the cream or lotion version of this excellent product, after spending a fortune on precription medicine, topical prescription treatments n facials! This has worked the best n gave my confidence back!
Give it a go, MU saved my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am concerned about the reviews I have read that describe this product as "thinning" the skin. I make sure that I use sunscreen to counteract.

However, I also agree that it works really well, seems to get rid of all those unsightly discolourations and smooth the skin texture and appearance. I will seriously consider continuing with this product - very happy with the results and price.

Somebody - please assure me about the skin "thinning"!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by suburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews, I was worried that my sensitive skin wouldn't be able to tolerate this product. This winter, I have had MAJOR skin problems...breakouts, dry, scaly forehead...and within just a few days of using this lotion, my skin was soft, smooth, and cleared up. I'm not one to believe in miracle products, but this has been one for me! It does tingle quite a bit, even itchy right after applying some nights. But it calms down pretty quickly, and the results are amazing. Would highly recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No just no instead it made my skin oilier, upon applying this cream my face instantly feels fresh but after 4 hours i totally look like a glazed doughnut.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

In Canada, this is also known as Neostrata's Oil Free Smoothing Lotion, Level 3, not to be confused with the Daytime Smoothing Lotion, which is, in my opinion, not as good.
I use this cream nightly and it is an amazing product. It is quite intense, so if you have very sensitive skin, be very careful with how often you apply. My skin is fairly used to AHA's so it responds well. This stuff is fantastic for smoothing your skin and evening skintone. This works so well that my husband's male friend even made a comment as to how smooth my skin was looking and that I looked younger.
I don't use this during the day too, I tried and it was just too much for my skin. Be sure to use the advice and apply sunscreen during the day as the glycolic acid will thin your skin. I don't find that this makes my skin oily in the least, if anything, it could be a bit more moisturizing but will probably be perfect when the summertime finally rolls around. Oh, and I don't find this has any offensive scent whatsoever. What an amazing product, so glad I tried it.
Update: I got away from using this for awhile, not sure why, just trying other products. I started using this again 2 days ago and I already see such a difference in my skin. It's so smooth and the tone is already evening out. I will never stray again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Bella06

I used this product for 2 months and it's lovely. I love that it's oil-free and it really makes your skin lovely and soft & helps to fade blemish marks (didn't notice any freckles/ pigmentation change though). I stopped using this for the time being as my dermatologist has me having some chemical peels and I don't want to over-do it, but I will use this product again once the peels are finished. Great for night time, perhaps a little greasy for the daytime, but may suit your skin just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by teago

Would I buy this product again? over and over!
I use this of a night, have been for about 6 weeks and its the best. My skin just keeps getting better and better.
I havent broken out...my pores are looking more refined...

I began using this cream slowly, every 2nd night, and then after a week I started using it every night and Ive never become irritated or flaky because of it. I believe if you keep the rest of your routine simple, your skin wont become irritated, it will thank you! not over night, but you will realise after a month or two!

ETA: My skin needed a break from this after going through 2 tubes. its faded my acne scars which was the whole point of using it. Im still young so dont want to overload my skin. If I start breaking out horribly again, I would turn towards this product immediately!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by nicola1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the first time in my life I developed acne prone skin at the age of 29! I spent a fortune on different cleansers and moisturisers, started with drugstore brands and then moved onto brands like dermological and karin herzog, they did help keep it under control but didn't actually help to clear it, then I stumbled across MUA alley and then across this NeoStrata product, and it has saved my life!!!!
After using it for a week just before i went to bed my skin felt the smoothest it has ever felt, after 2 weeks I started using it morning and night and after about 3-4 weeks my skin is almost clear, i do still get the occasional breakout but they clear within days.
I can't really say enough about this product, I never thought my skin would look so good again, all I can say is that if you suffer from acne you MUST try this product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by mqasimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

have been using this product for about 2 weeks but i have small bumps on my face i do not know if this is the purging phase? has anyone else experienced this? I dont know if this has been common with the other users

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by cwojciech

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally don't write reviews but I have to let you know that this has been my HG for the past TEN years!!! I am 38 years old and often get mistaken for someone in my 20's all the time. My face is as smooth as a baby's bum. I wear very minimal foundation. The one time I strayed from this product (had a baby and didn't have time to take care of myself) my face broke out and looked terrible. Never again will I stray. Fantastic product!!!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No