April 21, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard all the raves for this color and picked it up. Alas, I found it a disappointment. The texture of the l/s is dryer than most of the Revlon SL line and doesn't apply smoothly. The color is very "ladies who lunch" on me...a pretty cool-toned peachy pink that I would wear more often if the texture was better. I wonder of any dupes...At any rate, I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Great everyday pink for darker complexion ladies! I feel like anybody can pull this pink off which is a plus because I usually cant pull off pinks...this one is an exception!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Beautiful medium pink with some peachy hue. Very creamy and goes smooth on the lips. Quite neutral on the lips. I think it looks best when a small amount is applied. Otherwise it can slide off a bit. Looks good on its own or topped with a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beatrizbeltran

My favorite lipstick shade. Beautiful color. I have Chanel, YSL, but this one is The Best Ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by llmarmalade

This lipstick is a very pretty pinky coral. It looks more of one than the other sometimes. I got it because I heard it is the same shade Audrey Hepburn wore in "Breakfast at Tiffanies." It is one of my favorite lipsticks and I wear it all the time. For me it's just a little brighter and darker than MLBB. I loved it so much I wore it to my senior prom. The formula is very nice and creamy but isn't the longest lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I first heard about this lipstick through MUA, took me a few months to hunt it down (it's so popular that stores tend to run out of this shade first) and now I like it so much I already purchased 2! This is a very wearable medium coral pink. The actual look on lips may vary a little toward pink or coral depending on lip pigmentation (i.e. my lips are rather pigmented so only the pink part shows, not coral). The formula is really great, it applies very evenly on my flaky-prone lips, does not settle into cracks, and is mostly not drying. Definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good classic rose and staple for many. It's creamy and moisturising but wears off quickly on me. Unfortunately it really emphasises my very pink undertones, giving me that lovely Miss Piggyesque hue. (NW15/20 for ref). I would recommend this to other people because it is such a good basic lippie, great for polished looks, bit not wonderful on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for SO LONG for the perfect bubbly spring pink lipstick. However, as a warm-toned NC20, almost every "spring pink" color turned out to be waaaayy too blue-toned to look good on me. So when I first encountered Revlon's "Pink in the Afternoon," a yellow-toned mid-pink, it was love at first sight. Even the name is classy and adorable! As with all of the Super Lustrous line, "Pink in the Afternoon" is a gloriously long-wearing and creamy lipstick (this one in particular is also creme finish - no shimmers whatsoever).
The only cons I've found for this lipstick are, unfortunately, actually due to the creamy formula - it can emphasize dead skin on the lips (so make sure you exfoliate before applying), and tends to settle into fine lines.
But even that can't make me stop loving this lipstick. I've been looking for something like it for YEARS and now I've found it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by RDCosta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this lipstick. I bought it on an impulse (which I seem to be doing a lot of lately - eek) and definitely don't regret it! This is such a pretty warm pink colour, which I find is great for everyday wear as it's pretty subtle and just looks lovely on the lips. I don't find the formula particularly drying compared to some lipsticks, but wouldn't risk wearing this lipstick without moisturising first. I'd say the pigmentation is good too. I think the colour is pretty universally flattering and would suit a multitude of skin tones; I've been told it looks great with my light, warm skin and dark hair/eyes but I think this lipstick shade would suit most people! The staying power is ok (I'd say it stays for between 2-4 hours on my lips) but would need reapplying throughout the day. Overall, I wouldn't be without this lipstick! It's definitely my favourite lipstick at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

This lipstick is one i reach for a lot when I am just wearing my everyday eyeliner and mascara and want something pretty and easy to wear on my lips. It is the perfect shade of pink for my fair skin, sometimes they can make me look a strange colour but this one sits nicely. The formula is comfortable and it lasts about 3 hours before a touch up.