Ivory Soap

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: SODIUM TALLOWATE AND/OR SODIUM PALMATE, WATER, SODIUM COCOATE AND/OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCONUT ACID*, PALM KERNEL ACID*, TALLOW ACID*, PALM ACID*, TETRASODIUM EDTA.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was never too sure about soap but always sort of liked the idea of it. With soap-free cleansers, I'd always wash my face twice, but with soap, once is definitely enough. In my quest to find the perfect cleanser for face and/or body, I had amassed a small collection of various soaps. After doing some thinking, some researching, and some experimenting, I decided I thought that soap was a good idea for me. I think really that I prefer a French-milled soap, but I have been using the various soaps in my collection to save a little money and to just give them a chance since I've developed a degree of certainty that I want to use soap for my face and body. I like Ivory. I like its history and all the vintage commercials for it on YouTube. I find Ivory to be mild and very effective. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and I really think it helps to alleviate blemishes. I'd just advise to take it easy with it. Don't scrub too roughly with a waschloth or Clarisonic if you're using Ivory, too, and washing my face once to twice daily with Ivory is plenty. Soap and water has to be the most basic way of cleansing the skin and one which took me far too long to discover that I liked. I mean, a lot of people say that soap is just way too drying, but then, you see those Ivory girls in the old commercials, and they just look so happy and beautiful.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

amazing gentle soap that leaves a clean feeling

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ivory soap is great for getting rid of acne, just follow up with a good moisturizer like keihls ultra facial cream

For YEARS now, this has been and will be the only soap I will ever use. I steer clear of heavily scented body washes and the like and have found that my skin only responds well to this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema and Ivory has been a life saver for me. The scent is heavenly -- simple, pleasing and very clean. It's very gentle to my skin and doesn't irritate my random eczema patches when they decide to appear. It rinses off clean and doesn't leave behind that slimy, oily residue that other soaps such as Dove seem to have. It also doesn't leave my skin tight and dry (which Irish Spring used to do). Quite simply put, this is the best soap out there and its inexpensive price makes it perfect. I will use this forever!

The best. There is no harmful ingredients. It got a good rating on the skin deep data base. It does an excellent job removing makeup. a lot of pepple don't know that the ingredients in other cleansers causes aging, cancer, allergies 0_0. it also does a great job removing carpet stains. THis stuff is really great

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best soap. Period. I use it on my body and face, and I have clean and clear skin all over. I've tried so many expensive soaps, body washes, etc., and this little white bar of soap is easily the best.

If you find that it's too drying for your skin, then follow up with lotion. Ivory is NOT moisturizing! So, I always use lotion all over after I shower. My skin has never been happier!

Also, it's around $4 for a pack of 10 where I am, and that lasts at least 6 months.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really enjoy trying different types of soap, but I always find myself back at the supermarket purchasing this product, esp. when I'm having an allergic reaction or just need a break from too many perfumes and scents. This is a 10/10 for me and a definite repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love this soap to wash my face. It takes all my makeup off, even mascara. My face is left feeling clean, better than expensive products I've tried. Also great for washing makeup brushes. This soap is really cheap $1.50 for 3bars at Walmart. I'll never use another soap to wash my face again. Great for acne too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought a pack of Ivory soap a few months back. I was using dove and it kind of made me sticky and since the weather was warming up, I wanted something more refreshing and light feeling. Good soap, not too drying, rinses clean and I love the light scent.

Then I was using it as a face wash, all was good then a week later it totally upset the mantle on my face. My skin was so dry and flaky which lasted a few weeks, So :( for facial soap>

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is great for those young teens that have really bad acne. Sometimes putting all these products with dye, perfumes and all the other gunk can actually make your acne worse. I had really bad acne up until I was 19 and using Ivory helped so much. I have senstve, combination dry-oily skin and this did not leave my face dry at all. It cleans your face, no tightness or dryness. Perfect.