April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Reminds me of my childhood taking baths at my grandmas place with the soap that floats.

I don't use this now but my fiance does. I have very dry skin due to a med condition that kills my moisture glands. But if I had even avg dry skin I'd use this. The scent is so clean, pure, and classic. The bar has heft and doesn't melt to a slimy mess in days. Its a good soap to use on a nail brush to clean your nails, again, leaves a very clean feeling. I will admit there is a huge nostalgia factor for me, but that doesn't negate the fact this is a good, long lasting soap for those with oily, normal, combo skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by chloebyoung

This is the only thing I ever need to use on my face. Really! Never a single break out and it's so cheap! I have introduced two of my friends to this who have acne-prone skin. They love me now. Skip the expensive acne cleansers and get this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

although im not a fan of bar soaps, this is most likely my HG facial cleanser. it removes most/all makeup (revlon colorstay foundation!) and makes my face feel super clean. i dont notice any kind of fragrance. i love using it along with cold water... it just wakes you up while feeling super clean! this does not leave any residue after splashing it off. i have oily acne prone skin and this gets along with my skintype fairly. as a body bar soap, it gets the job done as well and makes you feel clean. i love this. super affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by shilojean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One million expensive skincare products later, I'm back to what I used as a child.

Ivory soap + Nivia soft moisturizer and my skin is nearly perfect. Will buy again and again and again. Never change, Ivory soap. Never change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love everything about Ivory soap. The scent, the way it lathers, the clean look of it and most of all, the way it leaves my skin completely squeaky clean with no residue. It so reminds me of being put in the tub as a kid!
I had this at our cottage recently and love how it cleans off all the sunscreen, sand, salt water, sweat, bonfire smell etc... of the day. There is no better feeling than getting into bed after a shower with this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tonight I went back to Ivory after years of fancy imported soaps and body washes. After a vigorous workout on this hot desert night, the sweat, lotion, antiperspirant, and remnants of today's perfume left me feeling absolutely grimy. I was craving a something pure and simple so, I unwrapped an Ivory bar I had in my bathroom closet and headed into the shower. I have dry, sensitive skin and spend a lot of money on moisturizing soaps and lotions, etc. I even used it on my face. Now I am out of the shower and I am asking myself why don't I use Ivory anymore? My skin feels supple, soothed, and smells clean. I mean completely absent of any odor. Better than any deodorant soap I've ever used. Another thing, I didn't need lotion. That's it, I'm going back to Ivory.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will buy and use this product as long as my skin is oily. I've suffered from acne for almost 15 years now (yay, me!. This is the only cleanser that doesn't break me out. I use in conjunction with the noxzema blemish scrub (cant recall its name right now) and the Walmart version of proactiv's repairing lotion. It's been almost a year since I've had more than just a random [small] pimple here and there. Didn't even know that was possible. Super cheap, effective, basic (which means no active ingredients to interfere with treatments or for one's skin to acclimate to). Love, love, love is all I have for this soap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for me and my family for about six months, having bought it when we ran out of my HG soap, L'Occitane Milk Soap. The smell is ... waxy, I guess. I never liked the smell when I was growing up but I tell you it gets the job done, cheap, the smell doesn't linger and my skin hasn't broken out or felt overly taut. At 99 cents for 3 bars I might not go back to L'Occitaine for awhile. If you want to feel glamourous, pampered, rich, successful or something else, you won't get it using this soap. What you will get is clean withough allergens or irritants.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ivory, you are that good guy that more often times than not are taken for granted. You do not hurt my sensitive skin, you treat my skin right, clear it up and yet somehow I wander away from you and go back to the bad scented acne breakout prone soaps all the time. Sigh.

My shoulders are extremely acne-prone and sensitive to any scented body washes. So I don't wanna give any company a bad name, because really it's just my skin. It doesn't like scented body washes.

Anyway I stopped using my last body wash (with a lot of fussing and fighting) because my shoulders we're just breaking out like crazy! I was getting HUGE zits... Ugh I hated it hated it... So I came back to this and less than a week later my shoulders are clearing up very well. This is a soap I can always count on to keep my skin clear! Thats more beautiful than smelling nice... =]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My sister and I love this soap. Like the person below me, it smells like soap should. Nice and clean smell. I love how it leaves me 'squeaky clean'. The only thing I hate about this is the packaging. It always seems like pieces of the wrapper get clung on to the soap. I can never get it all off. UGH. Anyway this is a great clean soap and smells wondeful.