December 22, 2014 | 1614 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Weleda - Calendula Baby Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm writing a review for the Calendula baby oil as I have not yet tried the lotion. Lately, I've become somewhat obsessed with skincare. Might have something to do with I'm 45 look 25 and would like to keep it that way for a while.
I've been using a body Buf Puf daily with any gentle body wash or soap such as Dove for six months. Then, while my skin is damp not wet as I don't have the patience to stand naked to dry for 30 minutes, I put on a palmful of the oil neck to toe rubbing it in for a minute or so. After doing my makeup, brushing teeth etc I take a towel and wipe off any excess oil. For the first few hours my skin does feel slick if you swipe it with your hand. However, after that it starts really sinking in and the moisturizing effect last all day and all night until I shower again. And, I'm not kidding my arms, legs, tummy etc feels like a baby's butt. My skin is softer than my five year old. If you're looking for a quickly absorbed product this routine is not for you. I live in Miami, Fl so we don't suffer the kind of dryness that many suffer in more arid conditions but I guess i'm just used to a more humid feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Toeeatingdog

I am a huge Calendula fan. I have been since I had a severe sunburn 3 years ago that caused horrible blistering and peeling and immense pain for almost 6 months. I STILL have the burn lines on my shoulders. The Calendula lotion I bought then was from Whole Foods (no idea what brand) but it was the only thing that soothed my skin and actually made the blisters and peeling decrease. I recently have had a horrible acne breakout and since I know calendula is great for healing, I thought I's see if it would work on my face. Not the best idea I've ever had. The Weleda Baby actually made my face burn, and made it redder than it already was. Not what I was expecting at all. So I would not recommend this as a face lotion, unless your face has been burned. On the other hand I always get red bumps after I shave and this lotion has helped dramatically with that. I'm only giving it a 3 for now because it disappointed me that it didn't work on my face, but I'm sure it will be a great lotion for the rest of my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bruner3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been great for my kids this summer. Their skin was so dry from swimming in the pool every day and my youngest, who has extremely sensitive skin, had a bad reaction to a new sunscreen. This lotion helped calm their itchy, dry skin and replenshed the moisture so their skin was so soft and smooth. There was also no crying that the lotion was stinging their delicate skin which was a problem I had with other lotions. I don't find the lotion too runny but it is a bit on the greasy/oily side when first applied (which is the only reason I gave it 4 lippies). But once it sinks in the results are very worth it. For adult skin, I could see where this would be too heavy as a facial moisturizer especially in warm weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

I absolutely love this product!!!! It is one if the best body moisturizers I have ever used. I am partial to Weleda's Body Oils and this lotion impressed me even more. It's very thin, easy to apply, and the scent is herbal-y (Calendula). It soothes, locks in, and softens my skin so nicely! like a sheen of silk lays upon my legs! love love love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by kinghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i find this lotion very runny but greasy. i can still my skin is sticky after i apply this lotion for hours. without reading its ingredients (calendula flowers, etc), i can find similar lotions for a much cheaper price but without such greasy-ness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2006 2:38:00 PM More reviews by carinasfashion

I have used before Weleda Calendula Baby Cream and I absolutely love it. I've used it on my hands, legs and even undereye. Beautiful. The lotion though was a disappointment. It was so runny and didn't seem to moisturize that well, I used it on my legs first and after few days I developed some pumps. Then I used it on my chest and back, same thing I broke out. Too bad, this is the only Weleda product I've used which doesn't get 5 lippies from me and I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

A yummy-smelling lotion with a high oil content. I like this nearly as much as anything I have used thus far, incl. Avene Cold Cream Lotion, Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter, and like the fact that it is all natural. A bit runny, and tending to stickiness if you use too much. Make sure you shake well before using to mix the ingredients. Decent price too. EDIT: This was too heavy for my face. In fact, I am finding it a little too oily and sticky for even body use and probably would not buy again. I find the Weleda Body Oils less greasy, if that makes sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by fruchttasche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great body lotion for normal to dry skin. It smells nice (like calendula), is very pleasant to apply (a bit runny texture), and leaves the skin baby soft. I am very impressed by the quality of weleda products: natural ingredients, environment friendly packaging (although a bit unpractical sometimes), and good price (especially in europe).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a silky lotion that feels great on my legs after i shave. a bit too greasy for a facial lotion--but GREAT for body. It leaves a sexy glisten on the skin too :) It smells a lot like calendula, but DH loves that, so it's all good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found it on sale at the local Vitamin Shoppe. Read the ingredients and liked what I saw. But the best part came when I brought it home and tried it. What a wonderful find - pleasant smell, absorbs fast and leaves my skin 'baby-soft'.
Another nice thing about it - the bottle topper which easily dispenses the lotion without leaking oil all over the bottle.
Glad to see that you guys like this lotion too.