September 20, 2014 | 1218 users online

Scrubs - Bioelements - Pumice Peel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

WOW! I'm so glad I bought this..This is an amazing exfoliating scrub. My first time using it, my skin looked instantly tighter and the pores shrunk way down..my skin felt so smooth after washing it off. This I use once a week to really exfoliate that dead skin off. It really does help my moisturizer sink in better and makeup go on smoother. I really love this stuff ad will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by stacymarie25

This stuff works like magic. There really isn't any scrub that compares to it. Any dry area on my face is completely removed once I use this. My pores are immediately smaller. What I love most is that it doesn't irritate my skin. Most other scrubs leave my face bright red and yet I still have dry skin. This removes the dead skin, leaves my face smooth, and no irritation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually avoid exfoliating products with grains as my skin tends towards redness. This however is very good. The grains are tiny and gritty and there are lots of them. They are in a somewhat waxy, somewhat claylike base that you smooth over your face. I like to use it on top of Kerafole. I leave the Kerafole on for as long as I want (can be hours if I'm busy around the house, it doesn't burn me at all) Then I smooth on the pumice and gently rub, then moisten my fingers and rub some more, you will get a white creamy product and then rinse away. Smoothes the skin unbelievably and leaves it so ready to absorb my night time creams, Moisture x10 and Sleepwear. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. HIghly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mild Rosaca and was told not to use a scrub. Well, my skin gets thick and has surface dryness and I need to exfolitate. My facialist suggested that I try this and my skin LOVES it. It's the texture of pumice and smoothed out my skin with no redness or irritation. It may be the best scrub on the market. My only complaint is that it has a lavender scent and I really don't care for lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by mkupluvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to school for my esthetics liscence, and Bioelements is the line we used, so I was able to score a deluxe sample of this. Oh My Lord! I've fallen in love with a face scrub. What most scrubs are is little grains that are jagged and rough, actually most of the time the grains arent that little. Whats special about this scrub is the nearly microscopic granules are perfectly spherical, which is much nicer to your face and gives your skin a good polishing. I'm able to use this 2-3 times a week because im over oily, and it does wonder for brightening my complexion and keeping my pores clear. My pores have even shrunk a little. A wonder product from a wonderful line. As an estetician, I highly recommend this for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by suppaduppah

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yep, this stuff is amazing. The only downside is that I am spoiled for life. I used to use St Ives apricot scrub when I was a teenager -- the thought of using that again, or any other scrub makes me cringe. It does dry out quickly, but I find that steaming my face gently or just dipping my fingers in water will give me enough slip. I lost the little scooper that came with the jar, but you can just tap out a little bit into your hand. Here's a tip -- use the residue left on your hands to give your hands a quick exfoliation (particularly the backs - where your age first starts to show!). If you are actively breaking out, I wouldn't suggest using it because it can spread bacteria, but it's fantastic for preventing breakouts (I am acne prone). The only scrub I am considering trying is the DDF pumice scrub (? - I think that's what it's called) but given that this works so awesomely I'll wait until I lose my job to try something cheaper! It's crucial to balance your skin afterwards -- so if I'm feeling dry, I moisturize with fairly think layer of aloe. If I'm feeling oily I use a little jojoba oil. I avoid hydroxy acids and retinol the night I use the scrub (learned that the hard way). Don't scrub too hard!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by xtremesaleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The amount is very deceiving in the jar. Because you really dont use a lot this should last you a while.

I enjoy using this product, and even with my sensitive skin ive had no reactions to it.
The exfoliating "beads" are really fine and not so OTT that you feel like your using sandpaper to your skin.

The only thing that is slightly annoying is that it has a tendency to dry out too fast and its hard to get just enough water to rehydrate it to let it have enough slip to keep exfoliating.
More often than not i have too much water and i might as well wash it all off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very nice!:0) I use it twice a week and it provides my skin with a beautiful glow and makes it amazingly soft!I would definetely recommend this product!The price is a little steep but worth it!I would even pay more for it if I had to. Also lasts quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 6:06:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

[This review is undoubtedly premature, as I've only used this scrub once, but I see and feel such a difference in my skin, I just have to share.]

After reading all the great reviews on MUA and elsewhere on the internet, I decided to splurge and purchase this scrub. I use exfoliating products regularly (e.g., glycolic cleanser, lactic acid serum, enzyme mask, MaMa Lotion) but I wanted a manual exfoliant that would eliminate flakies and give me baby-butt smooth skin. I applied about 1/2 tsp to a moist face, and gently started massaging. Initially, my face started stinging and I thought "Oh great, my face will be red, raw, and irritated." But soon after, the stinging disappeared and when I rinsed, there was absolutely no sign of redness and my skin was silky smooth! Several hours later, my complexion looks very even and any sun damage and acne scars seem lighter.

I just wish the packaging was different. It would be so much more convenient (and sanitary) if the scrub came in a tube. Also, I was gonna vent about the price, but I realize you only need a tiny amount each time, and I plan on using it only 1-2 times/week; so the scrub should last at least several months. And, if it continues to even-out and soften my skin the way it did with just one use, then it'll be worth it.

UPDATE (11/12/08): I'm still loving this! After I use it, my face glows and my pores are barely visible. I usually use it at night, and in the morning, my face is less oily and still radiant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good scrub. Although I was using just mildest Kanebo silk powder scrub for years before and wasn't sure if my sensitive skin could stand such a strength, I am glad I gave this scrub a try. However, you probably shouldn't use it more than once a week if your skin is sensitive. Gosh, how well does it cleanse! 1.5-2 minutes soft circular motions scrubbing will do it all. It's a serious home treatment and I will continue buying it, well worth the price.