October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't get all the buzz about this lipstick. It's goes on sheer, and it's a basic nude. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice but seriously.... yawn. I think theres better nudes then this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC lipstick. The salesgirl recommended this to me when I told her I wanted an everyday colour that would suit my skin tone. (For reference, I wear 2.0 in Matchmaster and NC20 in Studio Fix Fluid.) I was a little thrown off when she handed me this lipstick to try on because I saw the shimmery quality of it. I tried it on anyways and I actually really loved it. She gave me a clear gloss to put on top, and it just made my lips look so nice and plump!

I really hate the feeling of lip plumpers, but I like having my lips look bigger, so this lipstick helps me achieve that look without any pain!

I would describe the colour of this lipstick as like a dark mauve with multi-dimensional shine. I really do love it, and it will be my everyday lipstick. The vanilla smell of all MAC lipsticks is also really nice.

However, it is pricey. It's about $18 CAD before taxes, but I got this when The Bay was having a sale (spend $75+ get $10 off). Which isn't a big discount but it surely helps! (Says the shopaholic haha).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by letec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a pinky nude lip. I'm NW 43-45 and I wear this with mac plum liner and sometimes with overindulgence lip gloss. I love it! It's so pretty and goes great with a good smokey eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great matte shine,a nd a matching viva gam V lipglass. This is not imited edition, it's a long lasting wite pearly color witha hint of ink, perfect for a day out and my lip-tone not my hg, but I'm glad I baught it without regrets, perfect on anyone I'd even say, celebriteis wear it that's their secret

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty lipstick, it is one of my favorites! I love my bright lipsticks, but sometimes I don't want to wear much on my lips and this is what I wear. It is a sheer light pink with a subtle brown undertone and gorgeous multi-dimensional shimmer. It's one of the most flattering lipsticks I've seen, and it would look great on everybody. Lustre finishes remind me a lot of lip gloss, and this is my favorite "lip gloss" to wear, it's just in lipstick form, and that is a plus for me. Another reason I love this lipstick so much is because all the profit goes to charity. I will always repurchase this lipstick!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

::yawn:: this lipstick is a total snoozefest, the most it does is gives my lips a little tiny bit of boring neutral shimmer, it's too close to my natural lipcolor and not in a good way-- in a "what is the point of even putting this on" way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous lip color for everyday!!!! Its got a shimmery/luster finish and lasts pretty long on my lips!!! I love the pink-toned nude color is gorgeous and goes with my NC25 skin perfectly!!! I can do a smokey eye and put this on my lippies!!! Perfect for all occasions!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently just purchased this lipstick and OMG all I can say is I'm in love. I use to pass by this lipstick and go for bright colors like Pink Noveau and Show Orchid. But this time around Viva Glam V caught my eye.

It's the perfect blend of pink, gold bronze, coral and mauve for all skintones from fair to my NC35 skin to even darker tones. It gives your lips that desired Victoria Secret rosy lip. add whirl or dervish lip liner and Viva Glam VI lipglass and your lips are complete.

Will def re-purchase when I run out plus since its a Viva Glam product (all proceeds donated to MAC Aids Fund) I actually feel good about purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A lustre lipstick from MAC. I am NC 30-35 and I feel that this is quite a decent colour if I do not want much attention of my lips but I still want some colour.

Perfect colour for formal makeup (if I want to look sophisticated and professional). I like my bright lip colours and hence I feel that this does not really draws attention much to the lips. It is the perfect lipstick for everyday too.

Has slight shimmer in this but once on lips, it is not really noticeable, Just gives off sheen to the lips and make them look plumper due to the slight shimmer in this. Very moisturising because it is a lustre. Lasts on my lips for about 3 hours before it started to fade. When the colour fades, the shimmer is more noticeable. Will not repurchase because Mac has a variety of lipsticks and I want to try others. This is definitely a good product but I am not madly in love with it. Just a good to have lipstick for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great all around lip pie. Goes with every situation, and pretty much every look. I wore this on my wedding day, I had a MAC Mua get me all pimped out for my special day and I fell in love right away. I have been wearing this go-to shhade every since. Very versatile. Most worn lipstick out of my entire collection. Not quite a match for my lips, that's honey love by Mac, but this takes it up a notch with the perfect amount of sheen. Agree that the texture is strange when you apply it from the tube, but it feels great on.