December 18, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Viva Glam V Lipglass

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know the name of this is Viva Glam V, but really they should have called it Duct Tape because this gloss fixes darn near everything. Lipstick too bright? Layer VGV on top to tone it down. Too dry? Too boring? Not even sure what the issue is? VGV ON TOP. Until I stop making bad color choices in my lip products, I will be a fan of VGV. So (uh) I hope they continue making this for yeeeeeeeeeeears to come. :)

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by dianandrea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my all time favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by 1313lolita

LOVE this! Color is subtle, perfect for every day. I appreciate that it doesn't have glitter... as my lips are getting older, glitter seems to get stuck in the lines of my lips- not pretty! This adds sheen and a mlbb tone... I just love it. The tube is SMALL... wish the packaging was bigger, particularly for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by savivi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh. My boyfriend wouldn't kiss me when I had it on, and I can't say I blame him. The texture is so sticky that it's a real turn off for me.

That said, I like the color. It doesn't wash me out, or have a matronly look to it, but it's still a nice medium-dark neutral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this really is a gorgeous color and it seems to be extremely universal. Im sure every girl could wear this one!

I have very very pale skin (nc5 or lighter), blonde hair blue eyes yellow/neutral undertones and this darkens up my lips to a very natural neutral pinkish color!! I love it! Staying power is great. Smell is like faint vanilla (yummy)

Once I have money in a month or two Im going to try another color :) This is my first mac lipglass! My other favorite lip gloss is the lancome lip laque fever in 'pink dimension'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS GLOSS
I went to the mac counter and asked for a nude that was not pink - The MA handed me this one. The MA was super rude by the way...was it because i am over 25 years old? I don't know but left dillards and went to the mac store in the mall where the MA was much nicer and very helpful.

Anywho... this is an amazing gloss with the perfect blend of color for a nude lip. I have pretty pale skin so i didn't want something that was too pale and would wash me out. Love how moisturizing it is and the staying power!

Avid fan of mac lipglass!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this color!!! I wear it alone, or over lipstick. I only wish the tube was bigger!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this gloss. It's so sticky and makes my lips peel. The color is okay, but so not worth it for the quality. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This "neutral pink" is brilliant. It adds a depth and pop to the lips. The color is a little different from the Viva Glam V lipstick, but it is just as wearable and pretty. (The lipstick is a little rosier in color.) This can be as "everyday" as it can be made "glamorous". Just change up the eyes. This is a versatile, wearable, FABULOUS shade. And all for a great cause. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying that I hate lip glosses. The mirror-shiny look just isn't appealing at all to me. It's just a huge turn-off.
That said, this lip gloss is an exception. The color is a univerally-flattering shade. I would describe it as an MLBB warm shimmery pinky mauve--gorgeous! My only complaint would be the shimmer...I don't like shimmer on my lips; it just looks unnatural and unflattering.
The texture is very smooth, but it's also pretty sticky! MAC Lip Glasses are known to be sticky, and this one is no exception. I once wore this lip gloss to school on a very windy day with my hair down...bad decision! My hair constantly flew into my face and stuck to my lips. It got annoying so I had to take off the lip gloss.
The packaging isn't really special or anything, but no complaints about it here! Comes in a hardy, easy-to-carry-around, no-frills plastic tube.
The applicator is really nice. It's a doefoot applicator, so it's very soft (I know this sounds weird, but I love the feeling of it against my lips!), and it allows for precise application. I have geisha-shaped lips (full lips that are thick/wide but not long. If you don't get what I mean, look up "geisha lips" on Google Images) for reference.
The finish is exactly what the names implies: lip glass. They make my lips literally as shiny as glass, which might appeal to some people, but not me--definitely an unattractive look in my opinion. So I apply it in minimal amounts and then blot my lips once or twice to achieve the perfect slightly-shiny look (which I like).
I'm only rating this a 4 because of the stickiness and shimmer, but other than that, I love this lip gloss! It's the only lip gloss that I can tolerate (hmmm, does that mean that this is my HG?), and I've had this lip gloss since I was in 6th grade (yeah, this was one of my first lip glosses), which should tell you a lot, considering I'm in 11th grade now and I'm STILL using it.
And, yes, I like this better than the lipstick version.
Would I repurchase? Yes!