August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Viva Glam V Lipglass

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS GLOSS
I went to the mac counter and asked for a nude that was not pink - The MA handed me this one. The MA was super rude by the way...was it because i am over 25 years old? I don't know but left dillards and went to the mac store in the mall where the MA was much nicer and very helpful.

Anywho... this is an amazing gloss with the perfect blend of color for a nude lip. I have pretty pale skin so i didn't want something that was too pale and would wash me out. Love how moisturizing it is and the staying power!

Avid fan of mac lipglass!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this color!!! I wear it alone, or over lipstick. I only wish the tube was bigger!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this gloss. It's so sticky and makes my lips peel. The color is okay, but so not worth it for the quality. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This "neutral pink" is brilliant. It adds a depth and pop to the lips. The color is a little different from the Viva Glam V lipstick, but it is just as wearable and pretty. (The lipstick is a little rosier in color.) This can be as "everyday" as it can be made "glamorous". Just change up the eyes. This is a versatile, wearable, FABULOUS shade. And all for a great cause. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying that I hate lip glosses. The mirror-shiny look just isn't appealing at all to me. It's just a huge turn-off.
That said, this lip gloss is an exception. The color is a univerally-flattering shade. I would describe it as an MLBB warm shimmery pinky mauve--gorgeous! My only complaint would be the shimmer...I don't like shimmer on my lips; it just looks unnatural and unflattering.
The texture is very smooth, but it's also pretty sticky! MAC Lip Glasses are known to be sticky, and this one is no exception. I once wore this lip gloss to school on a very windy day with my hair down...bad decision! My hair constantly flew into my face and stuck to my lips. It got annoying so I had to take off the lip gloss.
The packaging isn't really special or anything, but no complaints about it here! Comes in a hardy, easy-to-carry-around, no-frills plastic tube.
The applicator is really nice. It's a doefoot applicator, so it's very soft (I know this sounds weird, but I love the feeling of it against my lips!), and it allows for precise application. I have geisha-shaped lips (full lips that are thick/wide but not long. If you don't get what I mean, look up "geisha lips" on Google Images) for reference.
The finish is exactly what the names implies: lip glass. They make my lips literally as shiny as glass, which might appeal to some people, but not me--definitely an unattractive look in my opinion. So I apply it in minimal amounts and then blot my lips once or twice to achieve the perfect slightly-shiny look (which I like).
I'm only rating this a 4 because of the stickiness and shimmer, but other than that, I love this lip gloss! It's the only lip gloss that I can tolerate (hmmm, does that mean that this is my HG?), and I've had this lip gloss since I was in 6th grade (yeah, this was one of my first lip glosses), which should tell you a lot, considering I'm in 11th grade now and I'm STILL using it.
And, yes, I like this better than the lipstick version.
Would I repurchase? Yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lanaimanai

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this lipglass to get my perfect "nude" lip (NC50) - I pair it with Cork lipliner and sometimes I'll put on Fresh Brew lipstick before I add this and my lips look perfect. It lasts quite a while for me - it also makes my lips super soft. Now that I think about it I need to buy another one. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! This, i believe was one of my first ever makeup purchases. I still have it, and i should probably throw it out and buy another one, but i digress.
--------------
SHADE: I'm probably an NC44 in MAC and i wear Warm Honey in Bobbi Brown foundation stick. THis is the perfect lipgloss colour for my lips and skintone(i have heavy yellow undertones). Nothing else matches this.
-------------
TEXTURE: Very very moisturising, makes my lips super soft , super supple and feels really really good. Slightly sticky, but i don't really care. Feels better than your Revlon Starburst Lipglosses(which are not bad imo).
-------------
STAYING POWER: The moisturising lasts a looong time. Seriously. I wore it to sleep and woke up with the same super soft lips. It even helps with burning, chapped lips, i'm not kidding. It lasts longer than my NYX lipliner. The colour wears off though.
-------------
PRICE: I bought it for S$28 in here in Singapore. Expensive compared to buying in the US, but whatever. Sunk cost. Plus i actually like it. So i don't mind.....that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this lipglass Im a nc30-nc35 and it looks amazing, a slight pink tint (mostly nude). Looks great a very natural finish, makes your make-up look "done" (polished). I love it, I wear it everyday, the gloss also makes your lips look very full and plump. There enough shimmer but isnt over the top! LOVE IT! I gave it a 2 for price b/c its rather pricy, but so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gloss pairs so well with so many lipsticks! It's worth every dollar spent on it.
I wear this with Viva Glam V l/s, Kraft l/s, Yash l/s, Half N' Half l/s, and Gaga 2 l/s. Basically, any nude/neutral l/s will look better with Viva Glam V on top. And it's opaque enough to be worn on it's own, but doesn't get that gloppy, won't spread feel that many MAC glosses get.

NC50/NW45

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by jtmonian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of favorite gloss, I pair this with cork liner, hug me lipstick.Viva Glam has a small amount of shimmer, it's has a mix of pink and brown which is perfect for a nude lip. I will repurchase.