October 23, 2014 | 1349 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by andrewkyle

I am absolutely in love with this product! It has such a naturel dewy shimmer to it without all the glitter that you tend to see in other highlighters. I tend to have sensitive skin and prone to breakouts when using products like this, but not this one. Wore it almost everyday last summer and never had problems, just tons of compliments. love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The BEST finishing touch for evening makeup. Just gives me a little glow, no sparkle. I am very fair and this isn't too cool or too gold, just right. Well, beige actually! One of my must haves, but I do wish Bobbi would improve on the cheap shimmerbrick packaging. I use this with Bobbi's Face Blender Brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I love this!!! It looks pretty boring in the pan TBH but it applies beautifully and looks so gorgeous on my pale skin.Its not too shimmery and I see no glitter whatsoever.I have lots of highlighters and this is one of my faves.Will buy again if this ever runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by DrummersWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for the last two years. I absolutely love it.
I use it as a highlighter, and also for eyeshadow.
It is a beautiful product, it is a bit expensive, but really, really worth the price, as it lasts forever!
The combination of colors are beautiful, and can be used altogether, or you can use them individually, which is great when you use it as eyeshadow, as you can really go as light or create a lot of depth, depending on which ones and how you apply them. I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by florabundance

This product is beautiful. The colour payoff of the powders is amazing, which makes this shimmer brick perfect for use as an eyeshadow. Also if buffed into the skin, it can create a gorgeous glow, making it great to use as a highlighter too. I would say however, I would have expected the individual colours to offer more varitey in terms of the shades than they did, as they all appeared very much the same colour. The consistancy of the powders is lovely, as there are no large chunks of glitter, but rather very finely milled shimmer which looks wonderful on the skin and doesn't enlarge pores like some alternative shimmer products do. I was lucky enough to have this product given to me, and was shocked at the RRP! The quality of the packaging is poor and unecessarily bulky. I would expect more from Bobbi Brown! Overall, this product is gorgeous, but I would have to think long and hard about a repurchase given the price, particularly when MAC MSF are a third less!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this isn't my favorite shimmerbrick, it's definitely the one I use the most. It's the most subtle highlighter I've come across and I swipe it on top of almost all my warm peach/nude blushes as well as bronzer. While it's not pigmented enough to use as a blush even on my NC20 skin, as a highlighter it's perfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another shimmer brick & a slightly better result. The beige brick I find is slightly better for colour than the pink shimmer brick, but it still has a long way to go. It's still really pale for a beige & I can ONLY use this under blush. I won't repurchase for $85AU as there are better shimmer compacts/powders out there that do a much, much better job than this shimmer brick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first shimmerbrick and I was so drawn to how pretty the bricks looked in the compact! I ended up using this as eyeshadow and not a highlighter. Sweeping this over my cheekbones make my combo skin look incredibly oily and my pores huge. But as an eyeshadow it looks so pretty and shimmery. And I can also somewhat justify the cost since you are getting several gorgeous rich colors that you can use as shadow. After several months of use, the bricks started to separate and shatter so I wouldn't recommend traveling with this. All in all, a very pretty highlighter for those with normal-dry skin and if you have oilier skin and find this not working for you, try it as an eyeshadow palette!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I already have the bronze shimmerbrick which i use for nights out when ive been tanning a lot hehe and the pink which is great for everyday subtle shimmer and highlighting. I bought the beige shimmerbrick on a whim and i really really love it BUT after just 2 weeks of having it in my make up bag at home (not carrying around all day in my handbag, just AT HOME) this has cracked and smashed and gone everywhere...i managed to fit it back into the compact but i definitely cannot carry it around with me now cus I just know its going to then completely go all over my bag etc. And yes its expensive so thats the two main bad things i dont like about this product. However, its a great highlighter for that candlelight glow. Also more often i use this as eyeshadow. For someone who doesnt tend to wear e/s at all, and hates dark colours for day, this is perfection. All the colours are neutral shimmers that REALLY open up my eyes and make them POP (they are blue, but my friend has brown eyes and she gets exactly the same effect) I wear this as e/s almost everyday, i just sweep over my lids as a wash, sometimes i lightly go all the way up to my browbone with the lighter shades, and i finish with a natural mascara and mac angel lipstick, this combination against my nc30 skin, blue eyes and brown hair looks sooooo pretty and is my everyday look :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bobbi Brown had a good idea with these versatile bricks, but I feel that it went horribly wrong when she added the "shimmer" part. I have an oily t-zone and while I usually steer clear of anything with the word "shimmer" (besides eyeshadows and the occasional blush), I went for this anyways. My thoughts:
Pros:
-You get a good deal of product.
-Lasts for a decent amount of time when applied
-Pretty eyeshadow colors for those of use aiming for a shimmery neutral look
-Gorgeous in the compact
Cons:
-PRICE!! Holy smokes. Way overpriced.
-To reiterate: oily skin+medium sized pores+shimmer brick= Shiny face and accentuated pores. Looks disgusting on me.
-I don't know if this is just me, but the shimmer tends to find a way to get all over my stuff (ie on my computer, in the carpet, on my body). It's like glitter when I was a little kid. It would just get all over.
I feel that the negatives outweigh the positives and I will never be buying another shimmerbick again :(