November 26, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Raisin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by AMD18134

Hmm, idk why this product got some gnarly reviews lol, but this works well for me. I have to admit however that I thought it was going to be a sheer, low key color but instead it came out bright red. I found ways to make it work really well though. Of course this would look terrible if your lips are chapped, so if you exfoliate your lips first with a scrub and use chapstick or something to that effect before you apply this it will come out great. Another way to prevent this from looking too pigmented and unnatural is to not apply it directly from the tube, but to dab it on with your finger. I find it creates a nice stain and lasts a while longer. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MKitt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love anything Burt's Bees; my lips just seem to agree with their products :) They moisturize like no other and I love the minty smell. Oddly enough this one doesn't have shimmer in it (my Rhubarb and Papaya do) but I'm thankful it doesn't! Weird. The product is a lip shimmer. Anyways.. with that said! I have to agree this is a bit too pigmented. It's almost lipstick. I like the color though; it's not raisin but it IS a nice plummy red. It's just the pick-me-up I need when I put on a red lip and they've dried out a little.

The only complaint I have is the packaging. Be careful to twist it up with just the right amount you need because it doesn't wind back down and you just end up with a smudgy mess on your cap. Other than that I'm a happy camper. :) Will definitely repurchase. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I like the color but it bleeds and fades unevenly. The color will stick to any dry areas in your lips. Not attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by mdenham

I bought this at WholeFoods for $4.99, and they ran out of "samples" so looking at the wrapper and title "raisin" - i thought it would be a nice berry shade. Came home - and it looks bright orange/red on my fair skin. Not at all what it is advertised to look like. I wiped it off my lips and now there is a nice "stain" - - this is not what I bought it for, but this is how I will use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, but my results were about the same as punk_rock_grrrl. I thought I was getting a nice, sheer, plummy neutral balm but ended up with a transparent pinky-purple. It looked like I'd been drinking Boone's Farm out of the bottle or something. Of course, if I had been doing that, this stuff probably wouldn't have stayed on anyway.

I've also noticed lately that I have a lower tolerance/liking for the Burt's minty tingle. Or perhaps it's gotten stronger?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by redbassguitar8817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in raisin is a very bold dark red on my fair skin. And I agree that the product can streak and bleed but only if you put a lot on straight from the tube. By using a lip brush you can easily apply the product and it will turn up just fine in a great stain.

1. Made out of 100% Natural ingredients. +1
2. Great shimmer and tint, creates a lovely stain.+1
3. Cute packaging that is made out of partial recycled materials.+1
4. Affordable Price. +1
5. Can bleed so a lip brush is needed, not a big deal for me but still. -1

Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a disappointment. The color was not "raisin" at all, but more of a cool toned garish raspberry. And the "shimmer" made my lips look dry, cakey, and unnatural. And plus, when the color wore off, the little shimmer particles were smeared all over my mouth area. Thought maybe it was just the shade so I also purchased this in "Coffee". Same crappy results. Will not repurchase a third time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

There is a rich pigment to this shimmer stick. It is too red for my NC20 skin... IMHO...

I took some on my finger and dabbed it onto my lips, it stained it and did not look smooth. I tried again with a balm before applying the shimmer and it looked better, but it is still too red.

It also makes me think I have to do up the rest of my face to match it... if I don't it just looks wrong. Glad I got this as part of a swap to try... I will definitely not buy it.

Overall, very pretty color, but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 11:16:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

Okay, I'm a bit undecided about this one. You really have to dab it on, and you'll need a non-glossy lip balm underneath- I use Burt's Bee's beeswax lip balm. It streaks with a greasy lip balm, like say.. Smith's rosebud salve.

It's a nice berry color at first. Then, it plays tricks and turns this eye-catching shade of bright fuchsia. If used alone and built up to its full color, it bleeds, migrates, and streaks like crazy. And because the color is so strong, you have to do up the rest of your face, like you would with a lipstick. It's definitely not a natural, bitten-sort of color, it's a "I applied lipstick to make my lips look a certain shade" color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetgurl_086

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Raisin. I agree that if you apply it straight from the tube, it just looks too dark. But if you use your finger to dab it on, it leaves a really pretty berry stain that's not too dark. The only problem I have is the packaging. Sometimes I'll turn the bottom and it won't go back down, which sucks because some will get stuck in the lid. Good product though.