November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On a dreary November day last year I caught a glimpse of my pale face and knew I needed to start using a good blush.
During my lunch break I went to Sephora and asked the nice Nars lass to tell me which blush was for me.
She told me that Gilda was perfect for me and she was so, so right.
I use the Nars Yachiyo brush with this and am so happy with the results.
If you're looking for a matte, warm glow to give your appearance, do consider Gilda!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Gilda is a matte coral blush with a very strong peach undertone. Itís often compared to another NARS blush, Gina, but I would say that Gina is more of a tangerine shade, whereas Gilda is more coral, but essentially both reside in the peach family. The reason I bought it was because in these colder months, Gina is far too bright and stark on my paler skin, even when I use a very light hand.
As with all NARS blushes, Gilda has a fine silky texture and excellent pigmentation Ė you literally need to run your brush once through the pan and apply to your cheeks. I really it, gives me a gorgeous peachy flush! The fact that it is totally matte means it leaves a satin finish on my cheeks and lasts all day long without fading. The powder is so finely milled that applying and blending it is so easy, but I always make sure I use a light hand using my Bdellium Tools contour brush and then build up if I need to. Because it is matte, I find myself using other blushes over the top for added dimension, such as MAC Margin and Sunbasque, applied directly the cheekbone. You could also use highlighter if you want to, no problem! It doesnít clash with the rest of my make up, and I think it would be a great blush choice for women with medium-undertones to their skin, especially if you like the coral-pinkish flush it gives off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is one amazing blush. I saw this on Christine from the Temptalia blog. When it arrived (I had to buy this online as Sephora does not seem to carry this shade), I was a little shocked. It thought it would be too light. Instead, it was perfect. The color is a beautiful coral.

As for the quality of the blush, it's perfect. It has a smooth texture to it. It picks up well on the brush. The pigmentation is great. The wear-time is quite long. I love this blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict6

OMG! My favourite blush of all times! Hate the price of it though, wayyy too expensive. But, the quality makes up for it! Long wearing & great pigmentation! The colour warm peach/pink shows up on my NC20-NC25 skin very well. I'm not a great fan of its packaging though, the rubber coating makes it a magnet to dust/dirt! Other than the packaging, I have no other complaints! Love this! Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After learning that Christina Hendricks wears this blush while playing Joan on "Mad Men", I had to try it. I agree with the reviewer who calls it a matte coral orange, only I'd throw red in the mix as well. Maybe a "medium matte red coral orange". This blush is highly pigmented but looks great on my nc10-15 complexion, so it can work with paler skin tones but must be carefully applied. I imagine that it's more suited for warm or neutral undertones than cool ones.
The cons: I do find Nars blushes to be less blendable than some other powder blushes. On me, the lasting power is also decent, but not great. The packaging is o.k. with me because the rubberized coating might prevent the product from shattering if dropped. (I've heard this but am not sure about it). Of course, many people complain that it gets gunky and gross easily.
Nonetheless, I love this color so much that I can live with all of the above. To me, it evokes warmth and cheeriness. The kind of color that radiates from the cheeks of babes during winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Gilda is a pigmented deep coral with no shimmer. Itís more red than Orgasm, is stronger, and photographs well. It truly looks like I am blushing with this color and adds a lot of heat to my cheeks. Great color when I have a tan. I find it easy to overapply on my NC30 Asian complexion and this formula is slightly drier than other Nars blushes and can be a little patchy, so I use a lighthand and only my Nars Yachiyo brush for the most diffused color. The wear is fantastic; at least 6 hours with no fading during a NYC heat wave which is a solid performance on my combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this blush along with a few others form NARS. Im AA and this is the perfect peachy color on my skin. Absolutely no chalkiness. NARS blushes have rarely let me down. The texture and pigmentation makes them very easy to work with. I would repurchase. Swatches in my profile.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gilda is a matte coral-orange colour blush, highly pigmented and easy to apply. I often find it too pigmented and have to apply it with a REALLY lighthand, so it's a bit hard to handle, especially when I have medium pale skin (NW20). Perhaps it works better on medium-tan skin. For a coral colour I might like MAC Melba more than this. It does not make my skin yellowish though, it makes me look healthy and 'wake-up'. Also, needless to say,it's NARS so the powder is really fine with strong staying power. But still, I don't think I will buy it again as it is too bright so I don't want to use it every day to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jbeck14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE NARS blushes. Wish they weren't so expensive, but whenever I bite the bullet and buy one, it always pays off. However, Gilda is by far my favorite blush...EVER. I've tried tons of MAC blushes, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, everything. Nothing ever looked *perfect*. Gilda just gives me the most perfect, buildable flush. It's kind of a coral-y medium pink, which goes perfectly with my NC30-35 skin. I wouldn't recommend this to people with blue undertones, because it is a very warm pink. It goes really well with my golden undertones. It is matte, which I like because shimmer in blushes always seems cheap-looking to me. However, it doesn't look cakey or flat. It can be intensified, from a light, natural application to a heavier finish. It's the first blush that I use daily, and never want to stop using. It's also lasted a long time-haven't even hit pan.
I LOVE THIS BLUSH.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, Love this blush! It is the perfect peachy pink matte blush. My favorite blush used to be mac melba but unfortunately i smashed it, since then I've been on the hunt for a similar color but in a smoother formula. I definitely found that with Gilda. While its expensive I think its worth the price