September 17, 2014 | 1349 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by wishcapsule

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I bought this mascara because I was looking for one that 1) didn't smudge and 2) made my lashes look fuller/voluminous.

*Appearance:

This mascara did make my lashes look fluffier and naturally voluminous. It was okay at holding my straight Asian lashes. I generally liked the look that the mascara gave my eyelashes.

*Staying power:

Okay, here is where I had problems. I researched this mascara to death before buying it and the majority of people said that it didn't smudge or flake very much at all. Smudging is a huge problem for me since I have oily eye skin. I would put on this mascara in the morning and by noon, I would already see the black fading onto my lower eyelid.

So although I liked the mascara because of the nice lashes it gave me, I couldn't bear it because of the smudging. It seems to work for a lot of other people though so remember, your mileage may vary. I only bought it for ~$7 at my local drugstore so it won't break the bank if you want to try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

This mascara really enhanced by straight asian lashes without being clumpy, but it had the tenancy to smudge on me. On some days I would get home at the end of the day and there would be barely any smudging, other days I come home to see panda eyes. Because of this, I would definitely not repurchase, but would recommend it to anyone who isn't as smudge prone as I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mintymyux

This is the only mascara I have tried that gives a very natural look and not fake at all. A few coats of this gives my lashes a very noticeable increase in volume andhas a separating effect rather than clumping. It also gives a natural looking boost in length not extreme. I have worn this during a long graduation day out in the hot sun in california and it did not smudge during the whole day. Unfortunately, it does tend to flake a bit throughout the day which is annoying. I definately reccomend this mascara if you prefer natural looking full and soft lashes, almost like you're not wearing any mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by topbeautyxo

I really like this mascara on top of other mascaras ! It t makes my lashes full and soft ( no joke !) The only negative thing I have to say about this product , is that overtime the mascara overloads on products , so i have to wipe the brush every now and then . I recommend tthis to anyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I have really had problems where mascara flakes or somehow transfers under my eyes. Even with waterproof mascara. It makes me read reviews carefully before purchasing, and I have tried a few of the really well reviewed mascaras.

The formula for this mascara really adheres well to lashes. It doesn't get clumpy, unless you layer too much, and even then it's easy to comb out with a lash comb. It can be layered to be more dramatic, but one coat can look natural and make lashes look full. It also seems to hold the lash curl fairly well.

One thing I have noticed about mascara is that it is not always the mascara itself, but the brush, that makes the difference. Sometimes the high end brands have better brushes, and I think that is what can make the difference. However, this drugstore brand has a great brush and it's better than a lot of the high end brands I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I normally use the Clump Crusher or the No. 7 extreme lengthening mascara, but I decided to pick this up originally for it to be my emergency purse mascara. I haven't used it about a week after I purchased it, that is, until I was on my way to an event and realized that I hadn't put any mascara on at all. I have short, straight lashes so I also carry a convenient eyelash curler in my purse at well and Oh. My. God. This is DEFINITELY my new holy grail! Separated my lashes beautifully and literally, there was aboslutely NO clumping. The performance of this mascara beat the Clump Crusher and the No. 7 by a long shot, in my honest opinion. The color pigmentationw as awesome and the waterproof formula stays true to it's name. Like I had said prior, I used an eyelash curler and this mascara holds up the curl for sooooo long. Looks like I found my new holy-grail. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm sad to say I returned my Full 'N Soft mascara. I loved how it thickened and lengthened while preserving the softness of my lashes to give a natural and pretty look. However, because I am so incredibly oily, it did give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep looking out for my HG mascara here on MUA.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal Double Extend is my HG but MUB are always raving about this mascara so I decided to try it. I've used Double Extend for years. Time to see what new, right? The Full and Soft did a great job making my already long lashes look long. Also helped to hold the curl. They were indeed MUCH softer to touch than my L'Oreal mascara. My lashes were nice and separated which is a MUST for me.

The cons... my lower lashes smudged sometimes - not every time but sometimes. My L'Oreal NEVER smudges or flakes. Plus I think I had forgotten what a PAIN it is to take off WP mascara.

Wore it to pool on hot humid day. Did not get face wet or splashed. I had on big sunglasses. Smudged/ran like crazy! Racoon city! NEVER buying this mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I know better than to depend on reviews to choose a mascara. I believe you actually learn more from the cons than the pros of a review. If someone says it's not voluminous enough, I know it doesn't clump, that's a plus for me. If they say the brush is too big, I know I will like it because big brushes always build my lashes nicely without clumping...and usually the rubber stopper that removes excess mascara from the brush is most effective (unlike L'oreal Voluminous, which is a fave on MUA and one of my mascara "oh, hell no's". Way too clumpy!!).
Anyway, Full N Soft (orig version) has been an HG of mine for years. I just discovered the w/p version and absolutely love it; no stiff, almost painful lashes. My lashes look naturally long, full and black w/ this mascara. The original wouldn't hold a curl, but the w/p version holds all day. I've experienced no smudging or flaking. Of course, it is a pain to remove, as w/p always is, but there's always a payoff. I don't use w/p mascara everyday, but when I do, this will be my go to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cons first: It doesn't really add any fullness to your lashes, and if you're not careful and rub your eyes, this'll smudge.

Now pros: This mascara is very good for a natural, "no makeup" look. it holds a curl for almost all of the day, and does indeed leave your lashes very soft even after applying several coats.

Overall, I think this is a good mascara, especially for younger girls who are just starting with makeup. But I won't be repurchasing only because i wan't to try new mascaras.