September 2, 2014 | 1430 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased this eye cream yesterday after reading the glowing reviews here. I was pleasantly surprised (at the time) to find that her eye cream had been tweaked/reformulated. The silicones and parabens were removed from the formula, the quantities of certain ingredients were adjusted (eg Ethylhexyl Palmitate is now the 2nd [used to be 5th] ingredient in the list and Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil is now the 7th ingredient on the list [used to be right at the end] ), and added a bunch of other ingredients such as Trehalose, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytantriol, Glycine, Linoleic Acid, Phytosphingonate, and Sodium Hydroxide.

I was excited to try the eye cream because the skin around my eyes are milia prone and I was trying to avoid mineral oil and silicones to see if they were the culprits.

Here is a comparison of the old vs new ingredients.

Old Ingredients:
Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

New Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cholestrol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyproline, Proline, Acrylates Copolymer, Phytantriol, Glycine, Linoleic Acid, Phytosphingonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I applied a pea sized amount of the cream (after warming the product between my ring fingers around my eye. Towards the end I swiped my fingers across the actual lids of my eyes as they were feeling very dry.

One hour later my eyes turned red and started to sting/burn. I kept applying drops but that did not really help much. 13 hours later the stinging sensation has only subsided a little, my eyes are still red and the skin around my eyes are slightly sore and sensitive to the touch.

While the skin around my eyes are dry and sensitive, my actual eyes are not particularly so. This is the first time I have ever had this reaction to an eye cream. My eyes have stung once or twice after applying my regular eye cream but the discomfort only lasted a couple of hours. Going through the reviews, I see that others have had the same reaction.

If your eyes or the skin around your eyes are sensitive, please please please stay far away from this eye cream. This has been a very expensive mistake. I will not even attempt to try this cream again. That is how traumatized I am by this experience.

As a side note, I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me why I had such an adverse reaction to this product so I can avoid the ingredients in the future. Thanks!

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Yazmein

GLORIFIED VASELINE IN A JAR!!!..SERIOUSLY! Save your money. Anything is better than this junk. If you want a great hydrating eye cream try Guinot Hydrazone..

**WARNING**: I got a f**king shocking allergic reaction from this stuff!.. Let's just say that I woke up looking like I had just spent 12 rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by mhristova

So far I like this product. It is a great concealer primer and hydrates the area under the eye perfectly. I sometimes use it as a night under eye cream as well and it hydrates the area perfectly. Even after the product is absorbed, you can feel your skin hydrated and soft. I would probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by xshado

This is the only bobbi brown product i've liked!
I used the bobbi brown moisturizer for face and it made my skin super oily.
I use this hydrating eye cream every morning, because my eye area tends to be dry.
It helps my eye area stay moisturized throughout the day, but it doesn't cure my eye dryness.
I will buy again once i run out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this since I was a teenager and I find this to be the best eye cream on the market. However..they say there is a "primer" in it, but it definitely doesn't do anything. I can't wear this and then apply my corrector and concealer, it creases like crazy. I use just a touch of this in the morning, wait for it to dry, apply my Smashbox under eye primer, and then apply my Bobbi Brown corrector and Mac NC15 studio fix concealer. I apply this cream both day and night though under my eyes, and it is soothing and it has a lovely texture. I wish it came in a tube because putting my fingers in this jar day after day feels kind of dirty...I use Bobbi Brown's whole skincare range and I love it, I'm 23 years old and I feel like I'll always look youthful using Bobbi Brown, everything is so moisturizing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Rayjay5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from sephora. I use it in the morning. It goes on smooth so far it's just ok.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

the texture is very nice and the smell is great, hydrating, instant cooling when first applied on. it glides very easily and moist. it has some good ingredients in them such as avocado oil and sodium hyaluronate acid in them. the jar container is annoying as it can harvest germs and the ingredients become less potent esp for eye cream, it should be more hygienic than a jar type. they have taken out the parabens ingredients, i am happy that they do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this to compliment the corrector, which I *love*...this however not so much...
The cream is really really thick, like along the lines of Balmex or some diaper cream. And it doesn't melt into skin ever it seems. I've tried warming it by rubbing my fingers together as they suggested @BB, but that doesn't help. It kinda still just sits on the skin and doesn't melt in. I've found it goes on best with a concealer brush, patted on. My corrector/concealer goes on well and I do like the two together, however this is a very pricey eye cream that really only primes...it does absolutely nothing to rehydrate, plump, firm or anything...just lets your concealer go on smoothly. For the price, I'd expect more...plus I just can't get over the icky texture.
So I won't buy this one ever again...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by visee

Hmm.. I think my skin doesn't take well to Bobbi Brown skin care products. Tried this along with the Hydrating Face Cream and hated them both. This has a light orange scent and a light texture. However I didn't find it hydrating at all and it also stung when applied too close to my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ranneqian

Good in keeping your under-eye area hydrated and prepped for concealer application but that's about it. It does not help to reduce the appearance of dark eye circles or fine lines. I use it on the plane too to keep my under-eye area well hydrated. The small tub allows you to put it in your handbag for easy access on the plane. Too expensive for just a hydrating cream (SGD62 or GBP 21 at Heathrow Airport if I remember correctly).