September 19, 2014 | 1747 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Charade Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by catpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would have never picked this out on my own, but after watching missglamorazzi on you tube rave about it I decided to pick it up. It really makes my blue eyes pop, and I love that it is matte but not at all chalky. Got compliments throughout the day. Very happily surprised by this duo!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible! It makes my eyes look tired and it stings my eyes like crazy (it literally make my eyes cry shortly after I apply the eye shadow). I had to discontinue it.. No more Nars products for me, a total rip off: Much more of a miss than hit. Awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by studyer83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful! Finally an everyday product that is not loaded with shimmer and shine. Don't get me wrong, shimmer and shine have their places, but today, rare is the shadow that is not chock full 'o glitz.

The taupe stands out on my skin (very fair) and does not turn orange. The purple is perfect -- muted, which is good for my pale skin during the day, but not too sheer.

NARS products are expensive, but this one is worth it. I really think it is best to spend $$ on products such as this, when you want something that is wearable for day and not super high pigmented. For bright purple full of glitter, Wet 'n Wild all the way. For everyday, NARS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

This is really lovely. The left side is a nice nude, very satin like finish, just the barest hint of pink. The right side is a medium, cool toned, gray taupe with a touch of purple.

These are well pigmented, not at all chalky or streaky. Together they create a subtle, defined eye with a touch of smoke. The taupe on its own creates a very day appropriate smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite NARS duo ever!!!! It's true that is seems very boring in the pan, and could be easily overlooked. But WOW!!! For my hazel-green eyes, the colors are magical!! I wear the mauve color on the lid all the way to above the crease, then I put the purple color in the crease. I use this duo with heavy eyeliner (dark warm brown) on the top and bottom, as well as on the waterline, and it gives a mysterious and sexy look. It really brings out the green color in my eyes without screaming "make-up" which is perfect for a sexy daytime look. I really like this duo with a more neutral blush (NARS Sertao, Madly, Silvana) because with a more pink blush (NARS Angelika) it seems like too much. If you want to look sexy without looking like you're wearing a lot of make-up, this is the perfect duo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by amyzang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own all the nars duos by now and this is my favorite. It is surprising since it looks so plain in the pans and I skipped it everytime at Sephora..It was among the last several duos that I purchased, however, I fell in love with it once I put in on my lids. I reached for this duo most frequently on weekdays when I need to go to office. Several features make this duo attractive to me. First, this is what I want Tokyo to be. I am NC20 and Tokyo would not show up on me without building up crazily. This duo is one or two shades darker than Tokyo but falls in the same lavender-taupe color family. The color is very office safe and sophisticated. It has enought taupe tone, so it does not make you look bruised. Second, it is matte. I am very into matte shadows now since they are not loud and make my asian eyes look deeper and polished. I really think the matte texture goes well with this particular color pairing. (In contrast, I don't like the lighter shade in Tokyo, too shimmering and too much of a contrast with the lavender side.) Third, the texture of this duo is amazingly butterly and light and blendable. Some of NARS duos are very thick (e.g. blade runner, belly dance, cleo...I hope you know what I mean), so you cannot see through the skin. This one is not those opaque thick shadows, but very light and smooth, similar to the texture of Ondine or Ashes to Ashes, or many of the Dior's eye shadows. However, if you want the opaque look, the shadows are very buildable too. All in all, my fav, and I own all the duos. I can see myself buying this duo again and again.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by StarCounter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As with all NARS products, this one is expensive, retailing at $38 CDN. I got it off eBay for cheaper, although I was willing to buy it at retail price, which I will probably do if I ever use up this one. The colors looked a bit different on me than they did in the case, more smoky and subtle, I think. The lighter side is perfect for a daytime look, a nice subtle color that works well with my blue-green eyes and extremely fair skin. The darker color is gorgeous to simply blend in over the lighter one, and I find the duo to be a nice alternative to the usual smoky eye look. Seriously, I love this duo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

These colors look very pretty in the container, but barely showed up on my eyes. I guess I need shadows with more pigment. This was my first NARS shadow purchase and I'm just really not impressed. Up for swap it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On me this is a sheer color; also, the lavender shade is more sheer than the mauve shade, and I wish that was reversed. On me the mauve shade looks a little too ruddy; the lavender-gray shade is ok. It's decent as a daytime look, but I won't repurchase. I wish this looked better on my hazel eyes than it does. Oh well, I'll keep searching out my HG purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ilynne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one is a winner. The colors are not really matte, but just barely satin, like the peach in Key Largo. I have green eyes, and these are *perfect* daytime office neutrals. I wear the mauve as a wash and the purple in the crease. No bruised look, lots of pop, very subtle and polished. I tried to swap for this one forever and finally just bought it. I would absolutely buy it again. I use Edie, AAE or Pandora to highlight. I can tell that this duo will be in heavy rotation. Highly recommended.