Revlon Vixen

4.3

on 12/31/2012 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

To start off, Revlon nail polishes can be dirt cheap when on sale. Sometimes as low as $2.99 at Shoppers here in Can. As for this specific shade, its a very deep, dark, velvety burgundy that applies like a dream. 2 coats is perfect and the shade is very classy but vampy at the same time without being black. The formula wears very well, I've got strengthner, base coat, 2 coats of this + a top coat and there are still no chips after 3 days. Love this!

on 12/11/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow - I can't believe it took me this long to remember to review Vixen. A gal-pal at my old office - back in 2008 used to wear this Chanel-Vamp-Knock-Off-ish shade and I liked it and told her - so at Christmas 2008 she gifted me a bottle. (For free this is just great). When used with a good quality base coat and top coat (I am partial to CND Stickey and Seche Vite), it wears OK - not nearly a nice as OPI or Essie - but cheaper and a fun, deep rich color. Can streak - so apply 2 thin coats and use caution.

Update: It's 2015 & I still love this.

on 11/18/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is such a good 'ol faithful colour that has been loved for many many years & will hopefully be loved for many years to come.
it really is flawless in its formula, cover & wearability.
IMO its one of those colours that will just be around forever.
Its a deep berry, burgundy colour which is absolutely perfect for winter & fall/autumn, worn on both hands & feet.
Highly recommended.

on 10/18/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only have two vamp polishes in my (still small) stash: this and Sephora Grenat. I thought they were dupes until I swatched both on one hand. Vixen has a reddish-purple undertone, where Grenat is more oxblood; the Revlon formula also had the edge in application ease and shine. Glided on effortlessly, was gorgeous in two coats, and had a hard bright sheen without any additional topcoat. Gorgeous with my skin tone, too!

Revlon has some really great nail polishes. Vixen is a great deep red that is teetering on the edge of black. I feel like a total vamp with it on. My nails are slightly longer than your average woman's nail and have an oval shape. This color makes them look so sexy. LOVE THIS COLOR.

on 7/28/2012 8:17:00 PM

This polish is simply gorgeous!!! I feel so sexy with it on. It is a deep brick red, nearly black but so rich. I think it can be compared to OPI Lincoln Park After Dark in the general feel, but it is much warmer. The Revlon brush is thin,which I feel makes the watery formula more difficult to apply neatly. For some reason I end up with lots of cuticle mess. Also, three coats are necessary to prevent streakiness in sunlight. Even with messy application, the color is so fabulous I will keep using this often!

on 2/29/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not a nail polish girl. I stick to my blacks, sheer whites and beige polishes, navys (is that a word? oy!) and have been on the hunt for the perfect deep, bloody red or wine. I wouldn't dream of buying Chanel or even MAC polishes because the price is just not worth it to me. However, I have spent more than I like looking for a great wine/blood red polish. The hunt is over. I LOVE this nail polish. It's opaque is two coats, three coats for it to hold on to its depth in the sun. It's bold, gorgeous, and conservative enough to wear to work but it ooooozes sexiness. It reminds me of lipstick prints on collars and those pantyhose with the seam in the back. It has that whole elegant sexiness vibe going on and I approve. I'm light in the winter with beige undertones and this doesn't look odd on my nails like some wine/blood red polishes do. In the summer, it still looks hot. I will continue to repurchase.

on 2/20/2012 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Not sure about this being a Chanel dupe, so I won't mention that. This polish doesn't even need the comparison, because it is perfectly great based on its own performance. It goes on opaque in two coats and leaves no visible nail line. Looks great with a super shiny top coat. It's the perfect shade for fall and winter. Would look great on goths and heavy metal chicks. I would buy again if I had to.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been really impressed with Revlon polishes lately, this is another fav Revlon polishes, a deep burgundy wine color which I can't get enough of. I don't mind that Revlon polishes have thinner formula since I feel it's easier to built it up. Color is vampy and sexy, will work with all skintones.

on 1/6/2012 5:45:00 PM

My very fave nail colour. I wear a lot of blacks and purples etc and it suits my look perfectly. A deep, dark blood red colour! It last's really well too and goes on so smoothly. Lovely.