July 26, 2014 | 985 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a good 'ol faithful colour that has been loved for many many years & will hopefully be loved for many years to come.
it really is flawless in its formula, cover & wearability.
IMO its one of those colours that will just be around forever.
Its a deep berry, burgundy colour which is absolutely perfect for winter & fall/autumn, worn on both hands & feet.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by bheansidhe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I only have two vamp polishes in my (still small) stash: this and Sephora Grenat. I thought they were dupes until I swatched both on one hand. Vixen has a reddish-purple undertone, where Grenat is more oxblood; the Revlon formula also had the edge in application ease and shine. Glided on effortlessly, was gorgeous in two coats, and had a hard bright sheen without any additional topcoat. Gorgeous with my skin tone, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Revlon has some really great nail polishes. Vixen is a great deep red that is teetering on the edge of black. I feel like a total vamp with it on. My nails are slightly longer than your average woman's nail and have an oval shape. This color makes them look so sexy. LOVE THIS COLOR.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Ebelida

This polish is simply gorgeous!!! I feel so sexy with it on. It is a deep brick red, nearly black but so rich. I think it can be compared to OPI Lincoln Park After Dark in the general feel, but it is much warmer. The Revlon brush is thin,which I feel makes the watery formula more difficult to apply neatly. For some reason I end up with lots of cuticle mess. Also, three coats are necessary to prevent streakiness in sunlight. Even with messy application, the color is so fabulous I will keep using this often!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Rumrumrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not a nail polish girl. I stick to my blacks, sheer whites and beige polishes, navys (is that a word? oy!) and have been on the hunt for the perfect deep, bloody red or wine. I wouldn't dream of buying Chanel or even MAC polishes because the price is just not worth it to me. However, I have spent more than I like looking for a great wine/blood red polish. The hunt is over. I LOVE this nail polish. It's opaque is two coats, three coats for it to hold on to its depth in the sun. It's bold, gorgeous, and conservative enough to wear to work but it ooooozes sexiness. It reminds me of lipstick prints on collars and those pantyhose with the seam in the back. It has that whole elegant sexiness vibe going on and I approve. I'm light in the winter with beige undertones and this doesn't look odd on my nails like some wine/blood red polishes do. In the summer, it still looks hot. I will continue to repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not sure about this being a Chanel dupe, so I won't mention that. This polish doesn't even need the comparison, because it is perfectly great based on its own performance. It goes on opaque in two coats and leaves no visible nail line. Looks great with a super shiny top coat. It's the perfect shade for fall and winter. Would look great on goths and heavy metal chicks. I would buy again if I had to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I've been really impressed with Revlon polishes lately, this is another fav Revlon polishes, a deep burgundy wine color which I can't get enough of. I don't mind that Revlon polishes have thinner formula since I feel it's easier to built it up. Color is vampy and sexy, will work with all skintones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bos101

My very fave nail colour. I wear a lot of blacks and purples etc and it suits my look perfectly. A deep, dark blood red colour! It last's really well too and goes on so smoothly. Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by irrelevantindian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As a lover of vampy nail polish, the second I saw this polish, I had to have it. It took me a little while to find it, but the second I got it, I was absolutely smitten. Revlon nail polishes are one of the few truly fantastic drugstore nail polishes out there--and this one lived up to that reputation.

A deep red wine, burgundy, berry colour, Vixen has become a true staple for me. I don't want to take it off my nails. It applies well and is opaque in 2-3 coats. It dries quickly, and it lasts for quite a few days without chipping, even sans topcoat. It has a great deal of shine on its own as well.

I'm very, very pale, and this pulls off that great goth/vampy look without looking ridiculous, like a black would. It's the perfect nail polish colour for colder months. Great formula, great colour, great effect. Highly recommended.

(Also: Vixen looks great on the ring finger with Revlon's Creme Brulee on the rest of your fingers!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lmcmullen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great fall color. I got it as part of a 2/$1 deal at big lots.

Brush is a little thin and I needed 3 coats for completely opaqueness but other than that I really like it and would repurchase if I can find it again.