April 18, 2014 | 1808 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this. My absolutely favorite cream highlighter EVER. The shine is just the right amount, the consistency and texture is AMAZING, and I love how it gives the most natural but also very done up looking highlight. Also, I love the packaging and the price is pretty good for the amount they give you and how long it lasts! It's become part of my daily makeup routine and out of all my highlighters(I'm a highlighter junkie), this one is one of my favorites. A standout product by MAC!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Chitowngrl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this product on Wayne Goss' youtube video. I use EL's maximum coverage foundation and I wanted a product that would add some glow to my skin since the foundation is super opaque and mattifying. Wayne suggested to mix this w/the foundation. I purchased this at MAC and OMG!!! It makes my skin have that glow from within!!!! It's not shimmery at all, just a nice glow to my skin which makes me look younger and healthier. LOVE this product!! Moisturizes my skin and makes all my foundations look so much better! Will definitely re-purchase!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really pretty as a cheekbone highlight. Glowy but not glittery or shimmery at all, and a bit moisturizing but not greasy. It's kind of opal-y pink, but not super pink - I have a lot of redness in my skin so I was worried it would make that look worse but it doesn't! Only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I'm switching to natural and cruelty free products and unfortunately this doesn't fit that criteria. :\ if you plan on buying, get the 1oz travel size because it's cheaper in the end. So it's $20/2oz if you buy two 1oz bottles, or $32 for 1.7oz! Doesn't make much sense lol!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Strobe Cream works well but the Strobe Liquid Cream worked a lot better for me. It made my makeup look flawless and beautiful. I returned this for the Strobe Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I use this everyday on its own as it adds a lovely glowy look to my skin and highlights my cheeks and brow bones. I also mix it with my MAC studiofix foundation to add a suttle glow x

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ahhhh Strobe Cream. I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. I love everything about it until about 3 hours after application, when it just disappears into my face. I have dry skin and it adds the perfect glow to my cheekbones and brows, but it just doesn't last. I have yet to find another highlighter that has the same opalescent sheen that Strobe Cream has :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by katrina02

I love this product! After reading so many good reviews I've decided to purchase it as I was looking for something that would make my skin 'glow' without looking too glittery.

I apply a little bit all over my face and then I put small dots on my cheeks and the middle of my forehead and then I apply my MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation with my Sigma F82 kabuki brush mixing it all together. These two products go beautify together, as you get great long-lasting coverage from the foundation but it looks very luminous without being over the top. Strobe cream has some moisturizing properties so it blends beautify.

It's not cheap but a little gos a long way and I will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by michkal

I recently discovered this while I was looking for something to mix with my studio fix fuid to make it a bit lighter in texture and to make it less flat looking. The woman at the MAC counter recommended this, and I really like it. I'm not into anything with obvious shimmer or sparkle, which is why I like this so much. It adds just the right amount of radiance. I have only used it mixed with foundation, not alone or on top of foundation. I mix a small amount with a little foundation and it looks better than foundation alone. If I use too much, it looks a little too dewy for my taste. My skin is on the oily side, so I don't need much moisture. Another plus is that this has good ingredients for skin. I was between this and the liquid, and I chose this because I heard that the liquid has more of an obvious shimmer. If you are looking for something to pat on over foundation as a highlight, I would try the liquid. If you're looking to give your foundation a little boost, I'd go for the cream. It does lighten the foundation color a bit, which I like because my nc25 is a tad dark for me. However, if your foundation is a bit light, this will make it more so. I haven't broken out from this either, which is nice.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I guess I am on team "I have no idea how to use this product" lol.

I was so excited to buy MAC strobe cream. The MAC counter itself didn't sell it by where I live, so I actually went through a little struggle to get my hands on it.

Aesthetically this product is... beautiful. When you swatch it on the skin, it truly does have the most exquisite pearl-essence. There is almost no shimmer, there is some pink, but not overwhleming, its not gold.. there's no glitter. It literally is like liquified opals. It comes in a sleek, white, almost reflective bottle, and the scent is amazing. Although, many complain, I actually love the scent.

So, the immediate sensory appeal, for me anyway, makes me want to adore this product.

To boot, this product is filled with skin anti-oxidants, and is supposed to not only make skin look better, glowier, healthier, but it is also supposed to actually help your skin become healthier. So I was sold.

First, I used the product as a moisturizer under foundation. It disappeared into my pores. Like completely disappeared. It also didn't feel entirely hydrated. To me this isn't a moisturizer..

So, then I mixed it in with foundation. I tried this twice. One time I mixed it into Smashbox BB cream, and one time into Revlon CS. Both times, it thinned out the formula obviously, making the product like a TM-- And it looked cool swatched on my hand, but when I applied it to the face-- all that beautiful, natural, healthy looking pearlessence disappeared. It was completely gone, and well, it just looked like I was wearing my regular foundation, except now with less coverage.

Third trial, putting this over foundation. Again, I did this several times, with both SB BB and Revlon CS. I applied my foundation as usual, took a dollop of strobe cream, and applied it as I would any highlighter-- cheeks, nose up into t-zone, a little on my cupids bow--

I did this in different ways too. First, I did it with a sponge and the product disappeared. Then I did it with MY RING FINGER-- using the most ginger touch and patting literally forever.. hoping to not lose the beautiful shimmer in this product.

Anyway, both times... not only did the product basically disappear into the skin, BUT I spent sooo much time futzing around with it, that now my foundation is smeared. ...So, now I just look worse.

I feel like by the time, I actually have used enough product that it actually looks like it is doing something that there is already too much on, but if I use the tinsiest amount less, there is no effect at all. :/

Even after I get the strobe cream to show up, 10 minutes later it is gone again. Like I will do my makeup, finally get the product to show up, get in the car, check the mirror and it's gone! It's just me left with a smeared foundation face :/

And once I apply powder to fix that mess so I can be seen in public-- forget it-- now the whole process was for naught :(

I definitely won't repurchase. I guess this is a product people either love or hate. If you love it, definitely let me know-- HOWWWW do you get this product to work?!

I am thinking maybe if you have naturally really nice skin, and tiny pores, maybe you can enjoy just using this product alone, and walking out of the house with a nice reflective moisturizer.....

But that's definitely not me. I need makeup-- for large pores, fine lines, acne marks, discoloration, etc.

And MAC strobe cream is a product that definitely does not play well with others :/

Oh, one pro though, this did not break me out.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because I love the really dewy look, I was sure I needed Strobe Cream. After using it many times, I am severely underwhelmed. I have the best luck using it under MUFE F&B (my favorite foundation). However, because F&B is already so dewy, i can't really see how strobe cream makes a difference. I can't use it by itself b/c I need foundation as a result of my acne. I've used it as a highlighter after foundation but found that it didn't last long and it rubbed my fdtn off. I think this would be great to mix with heavier fdtns, but since I swear by MUFE F&B, I'm afraid this was a pointless buy : ( Sooooe expensive for the amount of product too. Definitely a fail.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No