October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't remember where I first heard about MAC Strobe Cream but in my search of having dewy, glowing skin I decided to pick up a travel size (which is actually cheaper per ounce than buying the full size) and I really dig it. Even on non makeup days this seems to help calm some redness and give my skin a nice glow so it's not super lackluster and dull. Under foundation it also evens out dry patches and gives a nice canvas for foundation. It also oddly prevents my foundation from oxidizing when I mix just a tad in. Overall I really like this product, it seems to be quite a multi tasker and beneficial for my skin, definitely a makeup bag staple!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ssiobhann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NOT for sensitive skin. Love the idea of it, but it burned the heck out of my skin and left redness everywhere. Such a shame for the amount I spent on it :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by pureneon

I decided to try this after seeing many people rave about it. I bought the travel size ($35) because I didn't want to commit to a full size ($70) if I didn't end up liking it.

I wanted to like it but to be completely honest, I don't see what the rave is about. It kind of gave my skin a glow, but nothing different to what my skin is normally like if I'm not suffering from a breakout or extremely dry skin.

Maybe it works for others, but not for me. It also has a bit of a strange smell but its not too pungent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Shihr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my god. This product is my hg.
I have the mac face and body at home and I love the foundation. However, there are days I wish it'd do more for me. You would not believe how HUGE of a difference the coverage was when I mixed the two together. The consistency was thicker, and also prevented the foundation from oxidizing ? Weird. The smell is a little strange. Kind of reminds me of the mini perfume that came with my 1995 Malibu Barbie doll. Plasticky floral. However, I LOVE this product. On top of the amazing coverage it adds to my foundation, it made my skin better too!!! The face and body sometimes causes minor breakouts but for some reason when I mix the two together and slap it on my face, it doesn't cause breakouts and it makes my skin SO bright and soft when I wash all my make up off. Must be the vitamins and green tea extract. I LOVE YOU STROBE CREAM. NEVER CHANGE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a product I repurchase. I have oily combination skin. on dryer days this cream works very well. I don't get much use of it during summer. any other season cream works great. especially under long lasting foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I like the product even though I don't use it very often. It gives an ever so slightly glowing look if applied under the foundation instead of a regular moisturizer. Another way of using the cream is applying where required (on cheekbones, brow bones) on top of foundation.
The cream has a nice texture and spreads easily and sinks in well. They say it has a lot of beneficial ingredients which help to make your skin look better. I could not see that. Probably, because I d not use the cream often enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the mini travel size one after reading all the great reviews. Sadly it didn't do much for me so I'm glad I didn't spend more for the bigger size.
I wanted something to give me a bit of that glow and thought this would be the trick. I mixed it with equal parts foundation before applying. I usually do half foundation, half moisturizer when I do my base make up. This made no difference in appearance whatsoever. None of that subtle light that everyone one is raving about. I tried it by itself under very sheer foundation and still nada. Tried application with brushes & fingers too. The only time I got any kind of result close to what everyone else was saying was when I applied it by itself only and just patted it into my skin (no rubbing).
I also don't find it moisturizing at all. Absolutely useless for me. My skin is on the drier side so perhaps it might work for someone with oilier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You havw no idea how long I've been looking for a product like this, being a big fan of a dewy finish. The best thing is that it doesn't contain any obvious shimmer...
It just looks like your skin is glowing!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot express to you how much I HATE this product. First of, if you want that natural dewy glow, try BECCA SKIN PERFECTOR in OPAL which is very gentle on skin, and most importantly, does not cause any breakouts!

Mac is such a over hyped brand with a bunch of caked up makeup following sheeps. Yes their eye shadows are pretty but the ingredients are terrible. Mineral oil was in this particular product which caused me to breakout within 2 minutes and cause my skin to feel a small burning sensation. If you have sensitive skin, avoid MAC products at all cost especially this MAC STROBE product.

Now in regards to what this product looks like when you apply it, picture a very un-natural looking glow. Nothing is uglier than a fake looking glow. Becca skin perfector is natural and none of these MAC fangirls know about it for the most part because they are too busy caking on makeup and creating such a over the top, un-natural look.

36$ for this none sense product which I returned the same day along with the eye shadow I bought. I do not like MAC at all. To each their own but IMO, makeup should be beautiful, dewy, natural looking, good for the skin and not have a bunch of chemicals that cause the skin to break out. As soon as I took a shower and washed off this horrible product, my skin looked radiant again.

I am so annoyed by the over marketting of this pathetic, over priced brand. Everyone swears by mac and whatever insignificant MAC brush they are using...when in reality, CVS has equally good brushes at a fraction of the cost... love Sonia Kashuk brushes.

AVOID MAC LIKE A PLAGUE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by perlamoleka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product that gives the skin a beautiful glow and look,just very costly BUT worth it ! A must in my make up kit !