August 22, 2014 | 1871 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I like the product even though I don't use it very often. It gives an ever so slightly glowing look if applied under the foundation instead of a regular moisturizer. Another way of using the cream is applying where required (on cheekbones, brow bones) on top of foundation.
The cream has a nice texture and spreads easily and sinks in well. They say it has a lot of beneficial ingredients which help to make your skin look better. I could not see that. Probably, because I d not use the cream often enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by spygirl13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the mini travel size one after reading all the great reviews. Sadly it didn't do much for me so I'm glad I didn't spend more for the bigger size.
I wanted something to give me a bit of that glow and thought this would be the trick. I mixed it with equal parts foundation before applying. I usually do half foundation, half moisturizer when I do my base make up. This made no difference in appearance whatsoever. None of that subtle light that everyone one is raving about. I tried it by itself under very sheer foundation and still nada. Tried application with brushes & fingers too. The only time I got any kind of result close to what everyone else was saying was when I applied it by itself only and just patted it into my skin (no rubbing).
I also don't find it moisturizing at all. Absolutely useless for me. My skin is on the drier side so perhaps it might work for someone with oilier skin than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You havw no idea how long I've been looking for a product like this, being a big fan of a dewy finish. The best thing is that it doesn't contain any obvious shimmer...
It just looks like your skin is glowing!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot express to you how much I HATE this product. First of, if you want that natural dewy glow, try BECCA SKIN PERFECTOR in OPAL which is very gentle on skin, and most importantly, does not cause any breakouts!

Mac is such a over hyped brand with a bunch of caked up makeup following sheeps. Yes their eye shadows are pretty but the ingredients are terrible. Mineral oil was in this particular product which caused me to breakout within 2 minutes and cause my skin to feel a small burning sensation. If you have sensitive skin, avoid MAC products at all cost especially this MAC STROBE product.

Now in regards to what this product looks like when you apply it, picture a very un-natural looking glow. Nothing is uglier than a fake looking glow. Becca skin perfector is natural and none of these MAC fangirls know about it for the most part because they are too busy caking on makeup and creating such a over the top, un-natural look.

36$ for this none sense product which I returned the same day along with the eye shadow I bought. I do not like MAC at all. To each their own but IMO, makeup should be beautiful, dewy, natural looking, good for the skin and not have a bunch of chemicals that cause the skin to break out. As soon as I took a shower and washed off this horrible product, my skin looked radiant again.

I am so annoyed by the over marketting of this pathetic, over priced brand. Everyone swears by mac and whatever insignificant MAC brush they are using...when in reality, CVS has equally good brushes at a fraction of the cost... love Sonia Kashuk brushes.

AVOID MAC LIKE A PLAGUE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by perlamoleka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product that gives the skin a beautiful glow and look,just very costly BUT worth it ! A must in my make up kit !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Must-have for me. I buy the minis (which, as others have mentioned are oddly $10 for 30mL vs the regular size is $32 for 50mL -so really you can buy 2 travel sizes totalling more than double the product you'd get in one full size Strobe cream for $20 - not sure why it's priced this way but I started buying the mini's as they are easier to travel with).

I use it several ways : as moisturiser, mixed with Etude House's Volumer, with BB/TM's/foundations or cream blushes, as a base for make-up, as a regular cream highlighter. It's versatile and has a subtle pearlescent sheen to it, you can barely notice once it's blended which is perfect. I also use it alone if I don't want to wear any make-up that day but have a bit of glow to my skin. It does have a light fragrance but it doesn't bother my sensitive skin and I've been using it for years. It's non-greasy, no cheap-looking glitter or any glitter at all, absorbs quickly like a normal moisturiser and leaves no tacky residue.

LOVE. It's absolute perfection. Highly, highly recommend this to anyone looking for a subtle way to add a hint of beautiful soft sheen to skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah, it's great if you are older. Brings back some glow. (If you are already glowy then you might not see a difference, but if you aren't glowy - this helps!)

I really like the smell. And it is quite lingering, so that is sort of a plus.

It *feels* good when I put it on. My skin likes it.

Makes foundation go on more easily - I use it as a primer. I use half as much foundation this way.

This is the only thing I buy from MAC. I just run in and say "Strobe Cream" and then run out again. But I will continue to buy it as long as they make it.

Everything that Clarins Flash Balm says it is (but isnt).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this to mix with my foundation, and was really excited to try it out. The only thing wrong with it is, you really can't see anything, I didn't even see a sheen or glow. I am a huge fan of MAC, but this was a miss for me. I returned it and got Nars Copacabana.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by hanizah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gotta love this one! the few products which i always repurchase! makes my foundation glide on my face and it gives off a really nice glow. my skin can be quite dull at times and this works great for me. i was using clarins flash balm and MAC's strobe cream win hands down. it doesnt get too oily, which i like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I LOVE this. My absolutely favorite cream highlighter EVER. The shine is just the right amount, the consistency and texture is AMAZING, and I love how it gives the most natural but also very done up looking highlight. Also, I love the packaging and the price is pretty good for the amount they give you and how long it lasts! It's become part of my daily makeup routine and out of all my highlighters(I'm a highlighter junkie), this one is one of my favorites. A standout product by MAC!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No