August 1, 2014 | 1056 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing rave reviews about this on skincare blogs, I decided to give it a try. Especially because it was fairly cheap. So far, I'm not super impressed with it. The camphor smell is tolerable and doesn't last very long. While it does feel like it hydrates, it also leaves a very sticky residue that doesn't absorb into my skin at all. It also clogs the pores on my cheeks and breaks me out slightly. It seems like it could work great for very dry, aging skin but for me, I personally prefer a moisturizer that absorbs into my skin and leaves it soft. This stuff just feels like a layer of sticky all over my face that doesn't go away.

EDIT* I decided to use it as a night moisturizer instead and it does work great. My skin feels so soft when I wake up. Great for when I have dehydrated skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent 20 minutes hunting through Sephora for a silicone free moisturizer that wasn't too heavy for my face and was about to give it up when I spotted this little gem in the check out area. This is a glycerine based product so I was a little wary since glycerine can make me break out with repeated use. I love Tarte's glycerine cheek stains but can't wear them back to back or more then a staggered few days a week without getting a break out on my cheeks. That type of glycerine just parks on top of the skin which is what I'm assuming causes the issue this product aborbs almost instantly so I'm willing to give it a shot. Out of the tube the consistency reminds me of a yellow primer but a bit more dense and it smells a little like Carmex. Not the best scent but the package comes with an insert that explains the product and that the smell evaporates quickly and it does. Within seconds. I use this for my face and have combo skin. A little goes a long way a pea sized dollop is the perfect amount to cover my face and neck and this absorbs immediately with no greasy after feel and no residue. It hasn't made my skin oily throughout the day or caused any break outs so far and my skin reacts pretty quickly to new products. If after a few days there are no issues I'm usually in the clear. This could change as the weather warms up but I can see this working just as well for me on hot summer days as it is now in cool weather. This stuff is deceptively light. Other posters mentioned the soothing benefits and to my surprise I used this after an eyebrow wax the other day and it calmed the redness and swelling right down. Normally no matter where I get a wax done or what I do or take before or after I'm red and swollen and look like a freak show for hours. This took the redness away almost immediately and left me with just some slight swelling so that I could at least carry on with my day without giant sunglasses. Great find for the silicone sensitive and a definite rebuy.

** Update** So it's that time of the month when I get one or two really painful blemishes that you just can't help but mess with no matter how bad you know it's gonna look in the morning. I applied this moisturizer after washing my face and the next morning they were gone, no under grounders waiting to resurface or redness, you could barely tell they were ever there at all. If you have the same bad habit most people do, use this after. I'm assuming it's the camphor in the formula. Great multi-purpose product and will always be in my medicine cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cossetta

My skin is combination, so basically, its iffy. I can use a product one day and it will do wonders and the next i may be battling an entirely different problem, sometimes its dry, sometimes its acne prone and super sensitive, and sometimes i feel i could put a pound of bacon grease on my face and it would prevail with glimmering perfection.
this said, i had a small test tube of the yu-be from sephora and was immediately terrified when i started putting it on my face, very thick, very smelly and entirely too vaseline esc for my skin!
however! after a half hour (yes, I'm a risk taker) the smell is gone and my face feels so supple and moist! I also spread a small amount on my lips resulting in pouty,smooth, kissable perfection, if anything, go sample searching and use it for your lips! i may or may not purchase it, but after a week i may change my mind!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have such mixed feelings about this. I don't like the way it feels on my skin, so the giant tub is way too much for me. Having said that, this is my HG lip conditioner. I've tried so many things to smooth out my lips. I don't have a problem with them being dry or flakey or anything, I just have never had great smooth lips and nothing has worked. Not vasaline, not chapstick, nothing. I put this on at night once though and the next morning I literally had perfect lips. They were so smooth I couldn't believe it. I like the way it feels light and not super greasy. It absorbs really well but doesn't dry my lips out. All my lip products actually look good now and apply so much easier. It's definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased my second bottle of this. I got a sample in my Birchbox, and purchased it right afterwards.
I don't understand how so many people don't like the smell. Yes it does smell a little medicinal, but in a good way. It is really soothing.
It is also really soothing on acne prone skin like mine. It doesn't break me out, but helps heal by dry, oily skin.
I also like it on my lips and hands. It sinks in REALLY quickly and does a good job moisturizing them.

Overall this is a really wonderful product that is pretty cheap in the long run, considering it has lasted me over two months and I use a big amount daily.

I used this when I went skiing for an entire week. While my friend's face was dry, tight and sore, mine was perfectly fine and didn't feel any tightness. This product is definitely a life saver.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have heard so much about this that I expected it to be amazing. I never figured out the hype. The cream itself smells horrible and icky. The cream felt nice going on, but it didn't last. I applied it to my hands and whether I washed my hands within an hour or waking up in the morning letting it soak in all night - it still felt like it did not do anything to moisturize. I tried it on my lips and the smell was so icky I wiped it right off. The sample tube was a pain to squeeze the cream out. Would not use again or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a hand treatment more than anything, and usually only in a two-step process- the glycerin has a lot of slide.

The camphor is too much for my face, and it is too thin to stay on my lips (I heard Drew Barrymore uses this cream as a lip balm which is why i tried). What I like it for is maintenance if I don't have any other issues. For example, we just had our first cold weekend here and I got my tube out to spot treat the places on my hands where I get winter ezcema before I get it.

What I like to do with this cream the most is make it part of a process- i put it on, let it sink in, then put some kind of sealant over it- normally vaseline. I find putting an occlusive product over the top helps make this work even better. Otherwise, I like how this sinks in, which makes it a good hand cream while i am at work, and then at night I throw vaseline on top.

One standard tube has lasted me eight months and counting, I must have a bit over half a tube left. I like the fact that I use only a half a pea amount each time thanks to the slide of the glycerin, and the standard tube is small enough for a purse. Camphor isn't for everyone but I am a Carmex addict so hey, plus the scent fades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Skilver

i got a sample of this from sephora so when i ran out of my night cream i tried it & i LOVE it! i have very sensitive skin & break out really easy, this did not give me any problems at all & it actually seems to have "healed" a pimple i had :)
this cream smells so bad though! it smells a lot like carmex (that lip treatment in the yellow jar). when i first put it on my face it tingled a little so i was worried but the tingle went away real quick.
At first I thought I liked it but after a few more uses It has caused my face to break out (just like pretty much everything I've tried). It's a nice cream, just not for my face

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by s55565

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of multitaskers and initially purchased this for my super dry lips. While I didn't love the fact that it just sat on the skin and them formed a white line on my mouth, I rediscovered it when I ran out of another facial moisturizer. I have normal skin that breaks out and gets a little oily. This makes muslin moisturized and feel protected from the elements of outdoors and makeup. It prevents pimples from drying up too much. I use it after applying lemon juice and leave both on all night. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Smungmung

I was having rashes and redness on my forehead and cheeks and wanted them to heal quick for an important business meeting. I had tried hydricortisone and betamethasone and pure Vitamin E, and none of them worked. I was also using jojoba and argan oil combos but still no results. I saw my Yu-Be sample and thought why not give it a try. The next day, all the redness disappeared! This is now my HG emergency breakout/allergy product.