September 19, 2014 | 1846 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by sabbathlilyhawks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good moisturizer for nighttime. It is very calming and rich and i feel like it soothes my skin. And I also love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

A very good moisturizer that has helped my poor, dry skin in the last couple of months.

Every time the cold weather rolls around, my skin freaks out. It is so dry, it flakes, and I get slight eczema. I read on MUA that some users found that this helped their eczema so I gave it a try.

In a perfect world, samples would not be combined with other products for a clean result. However, my face was in such poor condition, I was trying everything. My routine consisted of washing with Erno Laszlo Phelityl Cleansing Bar, toned with Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner, then 98%Aloe Gel (which stung a bit in the beginning), and finished with Celestial. After about 4 days, my skin wasn't perfectly normal, but I was back in business.

All that to say, a dime size of celestial in the morning and at night has been great to use on my sensitive, dry skin in the last couple of months.

PROs:

- smells like almonds nod vanilla - wonderful!
- moisturizing
- has helped in my routine to help heal my dry, sensitive skin

CONs:

- I don't like the fact that I cannot finish the pot by expiration (even though I'm still using it)
- Lush does not mention it is non-comedogenic, though I have not seen changes in my pores

TIPs:

- Massage well and give time for it to be absorbed

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this stuff alot. Don't like the packaging. Wish it was a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jerny

I have been a longtime user of Lancome HydraZen, and just didn't think it was really worth the price. I've tried various brands, drugstore and high end (Vichy Normaderm, Sanctuary Matte stuff, Neutrogena), but have never found one that responded well to my needs. I was looking for a new moisturiser for my sensitive skin (combination, which has flaky spots but which also gets super oily after a long work day and has redness and large-ish pores), and my boyfriend suggested checking Lush. I had my doubts, but went in and requested a sample of Celestial. I don't want to jinx it, but so far, this is the best moisturiser I've ever used! My pores are smaller, no flaky spots, the redness is calmed (but not gone!), and it hasn't broken me out. I use it during the day, just very small amounts massaged into my skin in circles. It is definitely quite balmy, so you don't want to overdo it. It is surprisingly awesome as a primer -- my foundation (a mix of MAC Studio Fix Fluid and L'Oreal True Match) has never gone on more smoothly. I do find that my face still gets greasy after a long day at work, but this is no different with any other moisturiser I've tried. I strongly recommend at least trying it if you're a sensitive-skin type!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin159

A really basic moisturiser. I was initially sold this because my eczema was pretty bad and sensitive to anything at the time. This cream has the least amount of ingredients. I wouldn't say it does anything special for the skin, but does keep it moisturised without causing further irritation. Always have this for emergencies

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This moisturizer did nothing for my skin at all. It's easily one of the most useless moisturizers I've ever tried.

I bought it on the recommendation of a sales associate in the store I visited. At the time, my skin was particularly dry and really needed a boost. With a decent list of skin-friendly ingredients, I thought this would do the trick in helping to nourish and rehydrate my skin. But it just sat on my face every time and never sank in. And I have dry skin, so I suspect that it being loaded with oils this moisturizer wasn't going to work for me from the get-go. Oil doesn't do much for my dry skin. I need something water-based to restore primary hydration levels in my skin.

The texture is light and the scent is pleasant, though minimal. I imagine this might work well for someone with normal skin who wants a no-fuss basic daytime moisturizer and who doesn't have many issues with dry or oily skin.

The packaging? I've never been much of a fan of LUSH's use of pots for packaging. I wish this moisturizer had come in a bottle with a pump instead.

The ingredients are great, save for the parabens. I've never understood why a company that claims to be so natural insists on using such crappy preservatives. Lots of other companies with comparable "natural" products don't use parabens and their products do just fine without them.

Overall, this product is fine enough. It just didn't offer the kind of hydrating benefits my skin needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by hailstar07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin since I used Proactiv, which ruined my face, and since then have been trying and failing to find a reasonably priced moisturiser that doesn't make me break out, or turn bumpy, itchy and red.
I've been using Celestial for the past four days, and so far it's a total winner. I only wash and moisturise my face at night, so I've been using this after using Angels on Bare Skin, and the difference is amazing. Smooth, even toned skin that isn't red or flaky, and feels moisturised without having a layer of grease on it. Celestial soaks straight in on my skin, and seems to hydrate just enough, even when using a small amount. I'm not sure if the recipe Lush use in Australia is different, but I don't find this product heavy at all, in fact it's really light.
Fingers crossed the good effect lasts, and my skin continues to improve with Celestial.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use Celestial twice daily. In the morning before my makeup, and at night, before bed. It is not as lightweight as Vanishing Cream (which I also love). My skin tone is really even with the use of Celestial; I rarely wear foundation anymore. I do get a pimple from time to time but I attribute that to horomones, and not Celestial.

I use Celestial after my shower, followed by a bit of TheBalm concealer under eyes and around nose, followed by a dusting of loose powder and then the rest of my makeup. Celestial has therefore sort of become my foundation. My skin is left hydrated and dewy all day. Some have complained it is too greasy, but I prefer the healthy, dewy glow I get with Celestial over a matte look (which I don't generally prefer except in the heart of winter).

I will always repurchase; I love this moisturizer. I gave it only 4 stars because I do wish it had SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Jenghes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love my facial moisturizer from Arbonne until they discontinued it. Was settling for Aveeno until I find something that I love again.

First off, I love the smell.

This moisturizer makes my skin very oily and shiny all day.

This also makes my face break out into little pimples.

Back to Aveeno, I may just use this up on my hands and not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this, and I did for about a week in winter, and then it gave me loads of infected pimples around my mouth. and I only used a smidgen!! maybe I should've kept it in the fridge?