December 17, 2014 | 1809 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LogicGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent enough face cream, and it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin at all, but there are a few niggles that make it one I won't be repurchasing.

1. It takes a long time to sink in or dry out, which means it's ok for an overnight cream but no use for day wear under make up.

2. It replaces water with vanilla water which is a nice idea but makes you smell overpoweringly like melted ice cream. Scent is a personal thing, and I think, especially for a sensitive skin product, less is more.

3. The container is flimsy and the lid constantly squeezes out product when I screw it shut, something with a little pump would have been much better-I'd even pay for a reusable lush pump.

It does leave my face and neck super soft, but I've had better experiences.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by risa_ris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am jumping the gun and writing a review after a few night's use because I am really liking this moisturizer. I am pregnant with super hormonal dry and sensitive skin which is normally break-out prone. I have been trying just about anything for the red, dry patches on my face and nothing seemed to be working, not Aquaphor, rosebud salve, Urea cream. I picked up some Celestial and it applies like a dream, and my dry patches and redness have minimized so much in just a few nights! I love the smell, the feel and you really only need a little bit. I am hesitant to give 5 ful lippies because it's pretty early in the relationship. I dislike the packaging as well, but I understand the minimal concept Lush is going for.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by loconnor98

I bought this moisturizer because I lost my old one, and I hadn't loved it enough to repurchase it. I've loved all the other LUSH products that I've purchased so I decided to pick this up. I have an oily t-zone but dry cheeks. I don't apply a ton of it, typically about a dime-sized amount for my entire face (and I'm used to applying a lot to my dry areas). I first used this at night, and slept about 12 hours. When I woke up, my skin was still covered in an oily film. This does not soak in at all. If you aren't planning on wearing makeup, you will look completely oily the entire day even if you don't have oily skin. In addition, the packaging constantly makes the product squeeze out of the edges when you close the container. The product separates if it gets to warm and you have to mix it back together. The only advantage to this is that it does completely eliminate dryness. I would only buy this if you have severely dry skin, and even then I would only use it as a concentrated night cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This was one of the first moisturizers I tried from Lush, and I was pleasantly surprised! I decided to try this out since my skin can get a bit dry during the cold Michigan winters. Enter Celestial. It's packed full of humectants and moisturizing ingredients to keep your skin well hydrated and soft, and it shows! I've been using it for nearly a month now and I noticed a HUGE difference! My skin tone and texture have improved a lot, and I've been spot concealing most days since I don't really see the need for foundation! Even though the weather's getting warmer (slowly but surely...I do live in Michigan after all!) this still benefits me in warmer months. And it smells like vanilla! Not that chemically overly sugared scent that sends you into a sugar coma after just one whiff. I'm talking real genuine vanilla that smells so comforting and soothing. I kind of want to take a bath in this stuff. Is that weird? It shouldn't be weird. This stuff is awesome! Totally repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the light texture and delicate scent of this lotion. Besides Gorgeous (which I consider too expensive) this is my second favorite Lush face lotion. It has such a gentle nutty aroma mixed with vanilla, but the scent fades within an hour or so if you aren't a fan. I think this is better in the summer and spring than the winter and fall, but if you use serums this is less of an issue. A very tiny dab goes a long way and will cover at least half my face, so even though it's a bit costly it goes a long way. I buy this at least once a year and look forward to using it when I have it.

Word of caution, I think people with oily or very dry skin might want to skip this. Grab this if you want a light, natural day or night lotion for normal/sensitive skin. And don't forget to save your Lush jars, I love the idea that part of my face lotion purchase goes towards a free face mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by sabbathlilyhawks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good moisturizer for nighttime. It is very calming and rich and i feel like it soothes my skin. And I also love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

A very good moisturizer that has helped my poor, dry skin in the last couple of months.

Every time the cold weather rolls around, my skin freaks out. It is so dry, it flakes, and I get slight eczema. I read on MUA that some users found that this helped their eczema so I gave it a try.

In a perfect world, samples would not be combined with other products for a clean result. However, my face was in such poor condition, I was trying everything. My routine consisted of washing with Erno Laszlo Phelityl Cleansing Bar, toned with Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner, then 98%Aloe Gel (which stung a bit in the beginning), and finished with Celestial. After about 4 days, my skin wasn't perfectly normal, but I was back in business.

All that to say, a dime size of celestial in the morning and at night has been great to use on my sensitive, dry skin in the last couple of months.

PROs:

- smells like almonds nod vanilla - wonderful!
- moisturizing
- has helped in my routine to help heal my dry, sensitive skin

CONs:

- I don't like the fact that I cannot finish the pot by expiration (even though I'm still using it)
- Lush does not mention it is non-comedogenic, though I have not seen changes in my pores

TIPs:

- Massage well and give time for it to be absorbed

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this stuff alot. Don't like the packaging. Wish it was a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jerny

I have been a longtime user of Lancome HydraZen, and just didn't think it was really worth the price. I've tried various brands, drugstore and high end (Vichy Normaderm, Sanctuary Matte stuff, Neutrogena), but have never found one that responded well to my needs. I was looking for a new moisturiser for my sensitive skin (combination, which has flaky spots but which also gets super oily after a long work day and has redness and large-ish pores), and my boyfriend suggested checking Lush. I had my doubts, but went in and requested a sample of Celestial. I don't want to jinx it, but so far, this is the best moisturiser I've ever used! My pores are smaller, no flaky spots, the redness is calmed (but not gone!), and it hasn't broken me out. I use it during the day, just very small amounts massaged into my skin in circles. It is definitely quite balmy, so you don't want to overdo it. It is surprisingly awesome as a primer -- my foundation (a mix of MAC Studio Fix Fluid and L'Oreal True Match) has never gone on more smoothly. I do find that my face still gets greasy after a long day at work, but this is no different with any other moisturiser I've tried. I strongly recommend at least trying it if you're a sensitive-skin type!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin159

A really basic moisturiser. I was initially sold this because my eczema was pretty bad and sensitive to anything at the time. This cream has the least amount of ingredients. I wouldn't say it does anything special for the skin, but does keep it moisturised without causing further irritation. Always have this for emergencies