LUSH Celestial

3.9

Vanilla Water (Vanilla planifolia), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,.

on 1/15/2015 10:17:00 PM

For the past year I've been using raw honey as my cleanser and moisturizer but I decided to try the Celestial moisturizer. LUSH markets itself as providing "natural" and "organic" ingredients, which is what drew me into the store. Upon using the moisturizer, my face felt so moisturized and was just glowing! I was so impressed. But it turned out to be too good to be true. I was so disappointed to find methylparaben, propylparaben (sp?) and triethanolamine in their "natural" ingredients. All of which are toxins. "According to OrganicConsumers.org, Triethanolamine can cause allergic reactions including eye problems, dryness of hair and skin, and could be toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time." This wouldn't have irked me so much if LUSH didn't promote their product as being natural and organic, it's deceiving.

PROS: Left face looking and feeling fresh, moisturized and glowing.
CONS: Parabens and toxins

Overall- The latest beauty trend now is all about organic and all natural ingredients. LUSH uses this trend and markets their products as being natural and organic, however this is just a facade. Despite my skin looking great upon using, I treat my skin like gold and will only use good and all natural ingredients. That said, I will not by this or any moisturizer from LUSH again.

on 1/15/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the most balancing moisturizer I've ever used. I was acne prone, combination, and sensitive. First month or two I started with a tiny fingerprint dab to get used to it, but now my face drinks up the moisture. Its as though my skin "trusts" me now, when before it would freak out with ANY moisturizer. I really think its the depency of nasty chemicals of mainstream products that caused my skin to mistrust anything good and natural. Celestial is the most basic recipe so its worth trying this for a month. Just the smallest amount!! Now that my skin is balanced, I can tollerate more masks and treatments.

on 12/6/2014 10:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Let me start with the positives. Yes, this does moisturize and leaves your skin feeling soft. It does have an oily sheen, but that didn't bother me, as I only used it at night. It looks like a small bar of soap. The heat of your hands "melts" the serum, which you apply to your skin. I just kept mine in a small Tupperware container.

But holy smoke.... do not get this stuff in your eye. It burns like the devil. I had to leave a wide circle around my eyes, and wash my hands so I didn't accidentally rub my eye with it. That's a deal breaker for me. I want to use a moisturizing serum under my eyes, and on the back of my hands.

Sorry Lush... I wanted to love you.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Early in the testing phase, but I may have found my HG moisturiser! It's fab as a primer too, my foundation has never went on so smoothly before - worth it for that reason alone, although it's far from the only reason I'm enjoying it so. Lovely scent, not too heavy and a tiny bit goes a long way. Only downside is packaging, and I see I'm not the only one to complain about that. Lush, give Celestial the pump bottle it deserves!

on 11/11/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Good lord.. I REALLY love Lush products but this just broke me out SO badly everywhere. I never get cystic acne but this is giving me cystic acne... The associate said this would go great under makeup but just NO... I looked like a grease ball all day...
Just a big No for me.. However, I do love the gorgeous moisturizer so still loving Lush.

on 9/29/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first received Lush's Celestial for my birthday about a month ago, I was surprised at how my container looked half empty and used because all the product was stuck all around the edges of the container. Lush, please do something about this container. It's just not a good design... Especially if anyone were to tote this moisturizer around in their handbag, gym bag, or on a trip. Those are just no-go's if you want to save every bit of product and not have it creeping out of the edges of the container.

Disastrous packaging aside, I am in love love love with this moisturizer!! At first I was using it in the morning but found my skin much too shiny for my liking. Started incorporating it into my nightly routine instead and oh it's so luxurious! It IS a tad on the greasy side for me (given I normally just use Cerave lotion), but a little patting it in with the palms helps the skin soak it right up. I personally really like the smell- adds to the fanchy-ness :)

Am totally planning on repurchasing when I run out. Love. It!!

on 9/26/2014 5:27:00 AM

I was on the hunt for a new night moisturizer as my HG has now been discontinued. I love LUSH cleansers so thought I would give their moisturizers a go as well. I had tried Skin Drink as a sample but I just wasn't impressed enough to buy a full size. Went for Celestial instead as I was thinking I could maybe use it for a day cream as well when my day cream (also discontinued from same company) runs out. I really do like it as a night cream, it smells amazing, vanilla and cheesecakey, and I only need a small amount for my whole face. It takes about 10 minutes to sink in and it makes my skin nice and soft. It's a bit oily/creamy for day use but if I blot it before applying my makeup to take off any excess oil it's fine. But it is a good cream! Bit expensive for such a small pot, but as said up there, I only need a small amount. This along with the Ultrabland cleanser has made my skin look the best it ever has!

on 8/5/2014 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff was so awful and definitely NOT good for my sensitive skin. I used this for quite a few months before realizing that this product was not good for my skin. It never felt like it properly moisturized my skin, and I remember my skin would turn red upon application. Would never re-purchase.

on 6/24/2014 5:23:00 PM

Only thing that let's this down is the packaging. Wasting cream that constantly gets stuck around the lid. But the cream is luckily the best face cream I have used. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't break me out. Helps with combination skin and it makes it really smooth. Yes it's very rich and some people would prefer it just as a night cream..but using a small amount in the morning is great for me. Might not be the best if you want a matte look but I prefer a dewy glow.

on 6/22/2014 7:38:00 PM

Celestial is a super thick but gentle moisturizer for anyone seeking something safe to turn to for nurturing their dry skin. I bought it because I thought it would be "light" for summer but that isn't at all what it is like, it is some heavy duty stuff and most likely not for oily skin. It is gentle and softens up your skin with this nice, supple glow but only use a little. If you want something mild and soft with a thick feel, it will be your best friend.

Let me start off by saying it smells heavenly. I can't really describe it all that well because it's so airy and nice and subtle. It has this dreamy, creamy cool vanilla scent that is sweet and light without being too sugary. I can kind of smell the cocoa butter, but it isn't harsh at all, kind of like an underlying note in the fragrance.

Lush made a video for this product where the lady talking about it called it a "cooling cloud for your skin," which I think is a pretty accurate description. No warm notes in the scent which by the way is not perfumed at all.

Just a tip for those of you ladies who think this might be too heavy, think about buying a toner before you give up on this one! I had so much of an easier time getting this moisturizer to soak into my skin when I bought the Tea Tree Water Toner. My skin eats Celestial right up if I remember to tone my skin before applying the moisturizer.

I know just about everyone and their mothers hate the pot packaging like it is the devil himself but I actually quite like it. I can see just how much product is left and get the perfect amount every time. If you make sure you wash your hands or are fresh out of the shower when you apply it, you don't really need to fret about it being unsanitary. Just remember to keep your hands clean and screw the cap on tight when you're finished.

Popular Moisturizers