October 24, 2014 | 1710 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo smells superb. I wouldn't call it especially moisturizing, but it does seem to add some shine to my hair. The sole reason I would repurchase (and have done so) is because it lathers up beautifully and its scent complements several fragrances I use. Since I rotate between several shampoos I can't speak to whether long-term use yields more moisturization, but I doubt it (and in any event the conditioner is pretty sad, IMO).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ashleyg56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This shampoo paired with the conditioner works great together and keeps my brunette color stable! The smell though, barf. I cant. Its like hair color smell mixed with vanilla? Its an awful scent. The color glaze psires with these 2 is AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

This, and the accompanying conditioner, are just wonderful. :) They really have lightened my hair the tiniest bit, just enough to have the brown more noticeable than the black. My hair is soft and shiny after using these, and the scent is divine! Even my sister, who hates scented things, often steals my shampoo and conditioner. It's hard to get a hold of them, though, because they're always sold out at my local Target!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This honestly left my hair dry and unmanageable yet oily at the same time.. I got better results from a 3 dollar shampoo at kmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by stefanie2590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have thicker/coarser Asian hair that is normally pretty smooth. However, this shampoo/conditioner changed the texture of my hair so that it was knotty and rough. I had to stop using it within a week because I could tell something was not right. This shampoo might work better for finer hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by PeaceLoveJessie22

I used the brilliant brunette multi-tone revealing moisturizing shampoo. I just finished the bottle of this shampoo and I'm honestly excited to start a new shampoo. This shampoo didn't make my hair super shiny and wasn't all that moisturizing and I used the moisturizing one. Honestly, it was just normal. My hair color didn't get any new tones or anything either. It cleaned my hair end of the story. I did, however, like that the smell wasn't to strong. It was a really clean scent. But, overall I didn't think of it as being a great shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by maprose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this shampoo to be exactly the same as any other drugstore brand shampoo in the market. It cleans well enough but it doesn't make the brown shades in my hair any more pronounced no does it make my hair any shinier etc. It's nothing special and the final result is the same as herbal essences shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Just a side note: I'm reviewing the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Multi-Tone Revealing Daily Shampoo. I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the one listed here and got renamed or what, but whatever.
I'm Asian, and I have natural brown hair that actually used to be very dark brown, but lightened over time. I've been looking for color-enhancing shampoos lately to help enhance the brown color. So I picked this shampoo up when I came across it in the hair care aisle.
I used it daily for 2 weeks, and it's not exactly "Multi-Tone Revealing" if you ask me--no color enhancement, no highlights enhancement, no shine, no anything. My hair is exactly the same as it was before I used this. Not that that's a bad thing, but now I know this was a waste of money.
But, nonetheless, this is still a good daily shampoo. It cleans my hair almost as good as my Head & Shoulders shampoo
I usually throw away all the useless products before they clutter my shower and vanity, but I'm going to continue using this until it runs out because it still works good as a daily shampoo.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it so far, it is lightweight on my hair and leaves it super clean. It doesn't do much in terms of shininess or frizz.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by PrincessZaineb

This shampoo smells amazing, it left my hair looking and smelling absolutely gorgeous, with a shine and even helped my curls look better defined.

However, I noticed increased hair fall every time i went back to using it (twice). I have PCO's so i know my hair fall isn't entirely due to the products I use but still, it fell more when I used this

In addition, according to cosmetic database, this product is scored a 6 out of 10 for its health concerns (10 being the worst). It includes ingredients that affect Neurotoxicity, and Allergies/immunotoxicity,

Personally, I'd rather keep my hair and look for a more protecting shampoo

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No