John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

3.7

on 1/31/2013 5:13:00 PM

The smell and package were both very nice and appealing; unfortunately, the shampoo and conditioner did very little to enhance my natural brunette color, gloss, and health. The shampoo also did a poor job of cleaning my hair - I'm an athlete and cleanliness is key after sweating. Overall, I'm unimpressed and will be returning to Aussie's line of hair products.

on 11/26/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This shampoo smells superb. I wouldn't call it especially moisturizing, but it does seem to add some shine to my hair. The sole reason I would repurchase (and have done so) is because it lathers up beautifully and its scent complements several fragrances I use. Since I rotate between several shampoos I can't speak to whether long-term use yields more moisturization, but I doubt it (and in any event the conditioner is pretty sad, IMO).

on 10/29/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo paired with the conditioner works great together and keeps my brunette color stable! The smell though, barf. I cant. Its like hair color smell mixed with vanilla? Its an awful scent. The color glaze psires with these 2 is AMAZING!

on 9/14/2012 12:05:00 AM

This, and the accompanying conditioner, are just wonderful. :) They really have lightened my hair the tiniest bit, just enough to have the brown more noticeable than the black. My hair is soft and shiny after using these, and the scent is divine! Even my sister, who hates scented things, often steals my shampoo and conditioner. It's hard to get a hold of them, though, because they're always sold out at my local Target!

on 9/11/2012 4:17:00 AM

This honestly left my hair dry and unmanageable yet oily at the same time.. I got better results from a 3 dollar shampoo at kmart.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have thicker/coarser Asian hair that is normally pretty smooth. However, this shampoo/conditioner changed the texture of my hair so that it was knotty and rough. I had to stop using it within a week because I could tell something was not right. This shampoo might work better for finer hair.

I used the brilliant brunette multi-tone revealing moisturizing shampoo. I just finished the bottle of this shampoo and I'm honestly excited to start a new shampoo. This shampoo didn't make my hair super shiny and wasn't all that moisturizing and I used the moisturizing one. Honestly, it was just normal. My hair color didn't get any new tones or anything either. It cleaned my hair end of the story. I did, however, like that the smell wasn't to strong. It was a really clean scent. But, overall I didn't think of it as being a great shampoo.

on 7/27/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this shampoo to be exactly the same as any other drugstore brand shampoo in the market. It cleans well enough but it doesn't make the brown shades in my hair any more pronounced no does it make my hair any shinier etc. It's nothing special and the final result is the same as herbal essences shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Just a side note: I'm reviewing the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Multi-Tone Revealing Daily Shampoo. I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the one listed here and got renamed or what, but whatever.
I'm Asian, and I have natural brown hair that actually used to be very dark brown, but lightened over time. I've been looking for color-enhancing shampoos lately to help enhance the brown color. So I picked this shampoo up when I came across it in the hair care aisle.
I used it daily for 2 weeks, and it's not exactly "Multi-Tone Revealing" if you ask me--no color enhancement, no highlights enhancement, no shine, no anything. My hair is exactly the same as it was before I used this. Not that that's a bad thing, but now I know this was a waste of money.
But, nonetheless, this is still a good daily shampoo. It cleans my hair almost as good as my Head & Shoulders shampoo
I usually throw away all the useless products before they clutter my shower and vanity, but I'm going to continue using this until it runs out because it still works good as a daily shampoo.
Would I repurchase? No.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like it so far, it is lightweight on my hair and leaves it super clean. It doesn't do much in terms of shininess or frizz.

Popular Shampoos