September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried numerous mascaras in my life --both high end and low end--and this is as good as any and better than most. My honest opinion is that mascara is one cosmetic in which a solid drugstore product can truly compete with the higher-end products. You can pay $5 or $30 and your lashes will look essentially the same. That's $25 that could have been better spent. I am sure some would argue this but this has been my experience.

Anyway, back to the mascara...

It does not clump, applies evenly and can be layered. Somehow my lashes are still soft after use (instead of hard and sticky). It makes them nice and black, fuller, more separated and longer. It does not irritate my eyes. It does not goop up and end up in my eyeball. The wand is the perfect size.

I am going to try Maybelline Rocket Volume next but if I don't like it, I will be going back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought because there were no other options at a tiny pharmacy. It's great for a clean, everyday look. No smudging, can layer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I have medium-length thin and sparse lashes, and the only waterproof mascara I have found that does not flake/smudge/budge on my monolid eyes is the Heroine Make Long and Curl/Volume and Curl mascara, but it is not readily accessible to me in Canada. I remember liking the Super Thick lash mascara by CG (Non-WP), except it didnt hold a curl, so after doing some research, I bought this one.

It sounded promising, but it did not leave me with the results I want from a mascara. That is: Holds a curl, defines, stays in place, and adds a bit of volume and length...basically what every mascara-user wants, right?
Anyway, It actually made my lashes droop a bit, and I cannot stand (!!) the strong chemical scent my tube had (idk if its just mine). But I decided to give it a fair chance so I wore it for the day anyway.

Within 2 hours, I already had raccoon smudges under my eyes, and I do NOT rub my eyes/have watery eyes. When I got home and began removing it, it took way too long for my oil-based eye-makeup remover to break the mascara down.
My Heroine Make mascara does also take a long time to remove, but it gives me the effect I want when I wear it and does not budge (Even cried with it on), so I do not mind spending extra time removing it.
Spending 5 minutes removing a mascara that does not even work is just unacceptable for me.

Since this IS a cheap mascara ($6.99 CDN for me) and many people seem to like it (yay!), I do still recommend you to give it a chance, but personally, I am CERTAIN that there are better drugstore mascaras out there. I just need to find the one (for me)..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Did nothing for me. No length, volume or separation and it was way too dry. Got this on clearance for like 1.50 at a grocery store. I can see why.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by husserl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I've been trying to slowly stop using high end products in order to save money. To date, only a couple brands of higher-end mascara have been smudge-proof on me *except* for this one! I thought Full + Soft might work, but once the climate started warming up, it smudged like the rest of 'em.

I get all-day wear with this mascara meaning no flaking, upper-lid smudges, or 'coon eyes. This is true in both dry and humid climates. It layers really well if I apply it while it's still wet. Removal is fairly uncomplicated. Also, the black is a true black as far as I can tell.

I'm really happy with this one, so, if you're on the fence about it, give it a whirl!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on the hunt for a good drug store mascara, and I think I've found it in Cover Girl's Professional mascara. In the last week I've tried Cover Girl Clump Crusher, Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes, and Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascaras--and Cover Girl's Professional is the BEST PERFORMING so far!

This product plumps lashes without clumps while providing length as well! So far I have had no issues with smudging, and only a little bit of flaking, but that is ok with me.

Definitely recommend trying this product out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by zzory

If you have long lashes that need a little emphasizing and if you are definately for the natural look with no spider-leg effect and nothing bombastic or superficial, then this might be your mascara.
I have it with a curved brush in colour brown and it works awesomely for me. It does not clump or flake, yet it is easy to remove (I use BIODERMA micelle solution for the task).
All in all - I recommend and will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Awesome mascara. Builds great volume and length with no effort. Doesn't smudge or flake. There are so many new mascaras on the market with ridiculous claims that don't deliver, it's so nice to see just a great mascara with great results.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by foxforce45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Nice consistency and applies nicely to the lashes. The wand/bristles reach those little lashes in the corners. It does smudge under my eyes by the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever mascara. All I can remember from using this was hating it. It was clumpy and didn't do anything to my lashes... Now thinking back I recall the packaging breaking on me and it made a mess over everything. Aaah messy memories :(