Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Mascara

on 8/22/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new mascara! I am in love with it. After years of searching for the perfect mascara from designer to discount brands, I have finally found the one. This makes my eyelashes very long, defined, and with lots of volume. It's everything I could ask for in a mascara.

I will add, however, that I am very fortunate to have long, thick eyelashes naturally. So, I'm not sure how much of it is the mascara and how much of it is my genetic jackpot in this area! That said, this has emphasized this trait of my face so that it looks like I'm wearing false lashes (in a good way).

For the price, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. It's not going to break the bank.

on 4/21/2013 8:55:00 PM

I wanted to give this a try after having used Super Thick Lash forever, and I prefer STL to this mascara, but it's still good.

This mascara isn't dramatic, but it does produce very feathery, separated, smooth lashes. It doesn't droop curled lashes, smudge, transfer to my upper lids, or leave a black mess around my eyes after I wash my face. It's not clumpy, spidery, or fibrous and tacky on the lashes.

The only reason I like Super Thick Lash better is that it's more dramatic, and it creates a thick, dramatic, dark lash quickly. You have to really take some time to build up your lashes with Professional (blue tube), and it still doesn't create huge, dramatic lashes.

However, if you want a soft, fluttery, natural lash, check into this mascara. Also, it does not seem to dry out as quickly as STL, so that may be a plus to consider.

on 3/25/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After trying about 2 dozen mascaras from very high end to dirt cheap drugstore brands 2 summers ago, I have finally found THE ONE!

First let me tell you, I'm an awful mascara perfectionist, I look for very long, very separated, clump free lashes that are perfectly defined, I have shortish soft and thin lashes naturally and the most sensitive, watery and redness prone eyes. I get watery eyes almost everyday, may it be pollens, perfume, makeup or simply the wind blowing. So I bought this mascara in waterproof, first like I usually do, (but read on for washable) All mascaras non waterproof, and even some that are waterproof end up on my dark circles after an hour or two making them darker. But I fell in love with this one, very waterproof, completely and utterly beautiful lashes, and people always think I'm wearing falsies because my lashes suddenly look so long and separated. I always curl before applying, then apply 2-3 coats and this stays curled and never flakey all day everyday.

The downside for me is this isn't available where I live in Germany but thank gods for eBay I order it from US or the Netherlands. And one time I accidentally ordered the non-waterproof smudge free version, this is almost as good, and it is the first washable mascara I can use without looking like Alice Cooper within 2 hours, believe me I've tried over 50 mascaras in my 20 years of making up. So to all the girls out there who are still looking for their HG, I sincerely recommend this, give it a try, because it is inexpensive and you have nothing to lose when buying this, but everything to gain because it is absolutely divine, and I think you will agree :)

on 3/2/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for a few years now. Mascara is my one make up product I cannot live without. If I have no time at all to put on my makeup, I can put on mascara and it wakes my whole face up. My eyelashes are already long and curved but tipped in blonde so they tend to disappear on my face. Mascara is an instant make over for me. That being said, I've tried them all, from the cheap to the uber expensive. I believe you get what you pay for with many things, but mascara isn't one of them. This stuff works just as good if not better than most of the expensive brands I've tried. It goes on thick without having to apply multiple layers, it doesn't clump, it doesn't flake off into my eyes during the day, and it doesn't seem to dry my lashes out and make them break or fall out. I get compliments on my eyes when I wear this. Mascara is one of those things that really seems to depend on the person and their lash type, but this is so cheap it is worth a try.

on 2/10/2013 9:45:00 PM

I have been suckered into buying almost every type of mascara, and I constantly find myself coming back to this one. I absolutely love this. I usually buy the one with the curved brush in black and it works WONDERS. At my local Walmart it is only $4 which is a steal. It adds crazy length and volume to my eyelashes. If I do a couple coats using this mascara it looks like I have falsies on. Tons of people comment me on my lashes when I use this mascara. The packaging isn't fancy, but I don't really care how it looks. It could have the prettiest packaging, but if it doesn't work then it isn't worth it. This mascara is absolutely incredible. I love this stuff and for the price it is definitely an amazing deal. I constantly repurchase this stuff and will continue to repurchase it until they stop making/selling it.

I have tried numerous mascaras in my life --both high end and low end--and this is as good as any and better than most. My honest opinion is that mascara is one cosmetic in which a solid drugstore product can truly compete with the higher-end products. You can pay $5 or $30 and your lashes will look essentially the same. That's $25 that could have been better spent. I am sure some would argue this but this has been my experience.

Anyway, back to the mascara...

It does not clump, applies evenly and can be layered. Somehow my lashes are still soft after use (instead of hard and sticky). It makes them nice and black, fuller, more separated and longer. It does not irritate my eyes. It does not goop up and end up in my eyeball. The wand is the perfect size.

I am going to try Maybelline Rocket Volume next but if I don't like it, I will be going back to this one.

on 12/29/2012 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought because there were no other options at a tiny pharmacy. It's great for a clean, everyday look. No smudging, can layer.

on 12/28/2012 11:47:00 AM

I have medium-length thin and sparse lashes, and the only waterproof mascara I have found that does not flake/smudge/budge on my monolid eyes is the Heroine Make Long and Curl/Volume and Curl mascara, but it is not readily accessible to me in Canada. I remember liking the Super Thick lash mascara by CG (Non-WP), except it didnt hold a curl, so after doing some research, I bought this one.

It sounded promising, but it did not leave me with the results I want from a mascara. That is: Holds a curl, defines, stays in place, and adds a bit of volume and length...basically what every mascara-user wants, right?
Anyway, It actually made my lashes droop a bit, and I cannot stand (!!) the strong chemical scent my tube had (idk if its just mine). But I decided to give it a fair chance so I wore it for the day anyway.

Within 2 hours, I already had raccoon smudges under my eyes, and I do NOT rub my eyes/have watery eyes. When I got home and began removing it, it took way too long for my oil-based eye-makeup remover to break the mascara down.
My Heroine Make mascara does also take a long time to remove, but it gives me the effect I want when I wear it and does not budge (Even cried with it on), so I do not mind spending extra time removing it.
Spending 5 minutes removing a mascara that does not even work is just unacceptable for me.

Since this IS a cheap mascara ($6.99 CDN for me) and many people seem to like it (yay!), I do still recommend you to give it a chance, but personally, I am CERTAIN that there are better drugstore mascaras out there. I just need to find the one (for me)..

on 12/22/2012 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Did nothing for me. No length, volume or separation and it was way too dry. Got this on clearance for like 1.50 at a grocery store. I can see why.

on 12/21/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I've been trying to slowly stop using high end products in order to save money. To date, only a couple brands of higher-end mascara have been smudge-proof on me *except* for this one! I thought Full + Soft might work, but once the climate started warming up, it smudged like the rest of 'em.

I get all-day wear with this mascara meaning no flaking, upper-lid smudges, or 'coon eyes. This is true in both dry and humid climates. It layers really well if I apply it while it's still wet. Removal is fairly uncomplicated. Also, the black is a true black as far as I can tell.

I'm really happy with this one, so, if you're on the fence about it, give it a whirl!