October 24, 2014 | 835 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried ANR last year and loved the results I got with it! I tried to convince myself that due to the price and my love for shoes, clothes, purses etc. I should perhaps find something more reasonably priced. Well the thing is there was nothing as amazing. I love the way my skin looked glowing, refined and lines looked less pronounced. I did ultimately repurchase and won't be giving it up again because after all you only get one skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by asbpalma

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I would buy this again and again, it works! Make my skin smooth and soft, it is not thick, feels so hydrating and fleshing on my face, I use this every day and night before cream, sometimes I use it alone. My go to serum! Definitely recommend this! Love this except the high price! Every time when I went to Hong Kong, will purchase the large 100ml version in DFS. Love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If I could take any product with me to a dessert island this would be it!!!! I absolutely love this product. I use it morning and night. It absorbs into my skin in seconds and immediately makes my skin feel and look fantastic. I stopped using this product for 8 weeks (as I'd ran out and Christmas was around the corner) and I've got to say that's when I really appreciated how amazing this product was. my skin looked dull and unhealthy!! However, within a week to 10 days of using it again I had my flawless glow back - I can't recommend this enough!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by pureturquoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product is a staple in my skincare routine. It has this je ne sais quoi that makes my overall look and feel of my skin better. Yes it is expensive but after a late night, and a slather of this serum, I always wake up to skin that looks as though I've slept a full 8 hours.

I've been through more than 5 of these already, and I will be purchasing when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I've read a lot of the reviews and people seem to leave a very key point out.
If you use this product on its own, you don't see much done. It kinda feels like you're just putting a light, hydrating serum on.
But when you use it with the estee lauder hydrationist maxium moisture creme, holy crap. Its like your skin just FEELS better as soon as you use them together.
I went to a dermatologist who gave me some prescription cream to help with my post acne marks, along with some pills. I guess the cream had steroids in it, because i developed something that looked like eczema around my mouth and on my eye lids, despite the fact that i did not put anything there. after about 3 weeks the eczema still persisted in these areas after i stopped using the prescription cream.
I legit used the estee lauder night repair and the hydrationist cream for 3 days, and my skin was PERFECT. like the eczema was gone, but my SKIN all together looked better than before. living in canada, with harsh winters and that sort of skin problem, this was and will always be my HG products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kristinyang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been religiously using this product every night since I was 20 without fail with Estee Lauder's ANR Eye Serum (wow thats more than a decade now!)
Started using this when I got it as a sample & never stopped repurchasing because I loved how it felt on my skin; not sticky & absorbs quickly.
I only use half of the recommended 'full' dropper after toner & recently just added SK-II's FTE into my regime so EL's ANR goes right after that; before the toner & essence dries up so the serum mixed with the liquids absorb faster.
I have tried going off this product a few times but find that I always come back because my complexion looks kinda dull without it. Even my husband seems to realise this without me telling him!
How do I know this works? Easy. I compare my complexion with people up to 5 years my junior; and I am still wrinkle free ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by beecky

This product is a huge waste of money. For $80 including tax this is just not worth it. It feels like I'm just putting water on my face and the results are very much the same. The texture is very thin and watery and leaves a slight tacky feeling to the skin, and you then apply your moisturizer. My skin looked no different at all using this product and it's been a month now. It could possibly be breaking me out as well, because I feel like whenever I use it a couple days later I seem to wake up with at least 2 cystic acne spots ... I have no problem shelling out some extra cash if it's for something that really works and does wonders for my skin. This product, however, just does not cut it ! Save your money on this one and get a clarins face oil or some (much cheaper !) cetaphil face cream, which I use at nighttime. Those are what I use in part of my nighttime routine and they're great. Very pissed I spent that much money on this as well ... almost 100 bucks for glorified water that you pat on your face. Such garbage. You're strictly paying for the hype and the brand name. Reviews of women who swear they've used this for years and that it is their secret to youthful looking skin really sucked me in. They must have amazing skin to begin with because this literally does nothing, no positive attributes. Do not buy this, it's a huge waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by quickbrownfox

I'm 24, soon to be 25 and I've been using this for 6 months now to get a better texture and a more even skin tone. I have pale skin with a few acne scars (not the kind of scars that are skin toned indents but the ones that are shallow and pinkish, which are ghosts of acne that healed and just don't want to go away for weeks). It works both to get a better texture and to fight with the uneven skin tone. I definitely get a smoother skin in the mornings and a better color.

It's super expensive, I changed my mind about it occasionally if it was worth it or not but after months I can say that it is worth it. Probably because it has no alternative to it. I have looked at many things and haven't quite found something similar to it that was cheaper. I don't know if it's a consolation but I have been using it for 6 months and I still haven't ran out of it, that's a plus on the price part I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but it dried my combination skin too much. My skin is prone to dehydration because it doesn't really agree with the weather I live in and this only made it worse. I actually got more dehydration lines and overall dehydrated look when using this. My skin looked parched.

I only used this product for a few weeks (almost three weeks) but had to stop using it because of the issue above. During this time I didn't see any improvement. My chin has been suffering from a horrible breakout (the worse in years) but I am not sure if this aggravated it or caused it because I started using several new products at the same time (I have learned my lesson, believe me!) I am sure it didn't help though.

Not for me I guess... I want to do everything I can to keep my skin hydration levels up and this works against me but drying my skin out.

I don't really know how many lippies to give this because it did nothing for me apart from drying me out, however I am aware that I cannot comment on skin enhancing abilities (and all that jazz) because I haven't used it for long enough... Good job I was given a deluxe sample and didn't buy the full size product.

EDIT: I thought of giving this product a second chance since it's so adored by so many people. However, I found out that it contains two ingredients that are considered highly comedogenic: hydrolysed algin and oleth-3. Because of this I decided not to try it again. I wonder how Estee Lauder can market this serum as 'recommended for every woman of every ethnicity' and 'non-comedogenic' when the mixture contains two ingredients that are established as being highly comedogenic. What a let down, EL!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No