November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am an abject failure at applying falsies. I get so frustrated that I usually end up throwing them in the trash. I've considered lash extensions but I am afraid they will bend when I sleep or fall off. I also know they can be rather expensive. My alternative: a lash primer. This product was recommended by a group of ladies on another website. I paired this product with my Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara. The primer gave my lashes added thickness and length, a more "fanned out" appearance. Pretty darn close to the "false lash" look. Well worth the $15 I spent. I only wish the drugstore offered a separate lash primer. The only ones I see are double-ended products where you get so little primer and mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this primer. I like dramatic lashes and I am kind of limited in what I can use because I get contact eczema on my lids with most products. I use this primer to add a little volume to my existing mascara, and it does that well. It is buildable and it's easier to create the spidery lash effect with it, if that is something you like. It works really well with Benefit "they're real."

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jszczypta

I just really hated this product to be honest! If I used Mascara without it my lashes looked decent, but I thought a primer would do a little something extra and give them a WOW factor! Oh boy was I wrong.... It only made them look worse! My lashes went from medium to horrible! This product does not inhance it makes things worse. Not to mention I have bleach blonde eyelashes. Covering that is hard enough. I don't want WHITE to be showing! Same yourself some money and skip this. Try a homemade one instead. It's easy! All you need is... Vaseline! It's really that easy! Just aply it with an old mascara wand and then use your mascara :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first eyelash primer I've ever tried, so I can't really say if it's better or worse than any of the other brands. To me, it does appear to add volume, but I don't notice any additional lengthening of the lashes. The thing that I like the best is that it keeps all the mascaras I've tried with it from smudging! It seems to make removing the mascara a little easier as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I compared this eyelash primer to Merle Norman and Cllinique won hands down. It goes on quickly and easily and really makes my mascara stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by iluvmesomemakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is the bomb. It's the best primer I've used so far, my lashes are mega-long. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by infam0us

I can't believe that this product hasn't gotten a higher score. This is single handedly the best eyelash primer i've ever used. Its like literally having false lashes in a tube. It seperates, thickens and extends my lashes. It makes my lashes so long, that the tip of them touch my eyebrows. I always apply it whenever I'm wearing make up. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by kyrabeee

This is the best primer I've had so far. It really separates my lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by sshelton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is not bad, but you are paying for the name more than the product! A better option and way more product BUT it is less easy to use is the Sephora lash primer - buy it when it's on sale for $5 is the way to go. You probably get 3x the product in the Sephora, but it is really messy to use, requires a lot of cleaning up the brush before you apply and while it looks really clumpy when you apply it, for whatever reason it doesn't translate into lots of clumps when you apply your mascara over it (of course unless your mascara tends to clump anyway).
Back to the clinicque review - if I were out of primer and had to pay full price silly me would pay full price for the clinique over the sephora (I don't know why I actually like the Sephora one better....I think it is just the fact that sephora puts it on sale frequently and the thought of paying $12-15 for the sephora brand when I know I can wait and get it cheaper...LOL Anyway I've never seen the clinique one on sale so the next time you are going to buy the clinique one and have access to sephora products, check it out and see if it's on sale. If not buy the clinique, but I really recommend you give the sephora a chance.

One thing I really love about any eye lash primer is it seems to make it easier to clean your mascara off. I do like using the clinique primer with the clinique mascara's too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by doobs

This stuff is amazing!! A friend recommended I try a primer a few months back - have to admit, I couldn't really see the point!! Adding abother few minutes to my makeup routine was not an appealing option!! However I recently treated myself to a Shu Uemeru curler (amazing btw), and given this primer was only 11 decided to indulge!! Wow - what a difference - cannot recommend enough!! Your lashes literally grow before your eyes!! A quick slap of any average mascara and you have long beautiful lashes!!! I've now realised its all about the curler and primer - not the mascara!!