October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Night Magic

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this fragrance. After I bought it, I sprayed myself generously the following morning after getting out of the shower and by the time I got ready and left the house I could no longer smell it. "Oh well, at least it was cheap," I thought. Then ALL DAY LONG, people kept asking, "Ooh you smell nice! What are you wearing?" This kept happening long into the evening, so even though I personally can only smell it for about 15-30 minutes, everyone else can smell it still. Lesson to be learned: Go easy, if you keep spraying because you can't smell it, it may end up eating holes in someone elses nose!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

I kinda like this, its cheap, and a good scent for night time. I'm not so sure if it stays on long, but I might just repurchase because of its lovely scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Surprised I really like this, as I bought without sniffing! I think it's actually a pretty scent. I don't think it's harsh at all. Instead, it's a soft powdery, vanilla
amber musk scent. Reminds me of Soft Musk, but this is the "night" version. Very nice on me! And it's feminine. It's not so strong that it couldn't be worn during summer months, if applied lightly. It is a lasting, warm, comforting scent, just like others have mentioned. I think Avon did a nice job on this one and I hope it remains a part of their collection. Oh, and yes, I, too, really don't care for the packaging, as the bottle is, well, a bit fugly and cheap looking. Oh, well. I LOVE it anyway! UPDATE: Hmmm...........I have since detected a plastic note, kinda like a doll's smell. I really do prefer Avon's Soft Musk over this. So, it's been bumped down to a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice powdery, vanilla musk. I like to put it on before bed because it's warm and comforting. I still prefer Soft Musk better, but this is very nice too. The packaging however, is horrible! It does not suit the scent and looks like a mans cologne! I don't even like to display this on my self because its so ugly. Maybe I'm being picky, but the aesthetics means a lot. It is terribly inexpensive so I guess I'm probably expecting too much.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by audeespicey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The husband loves this. I don't. A woman he worked with wore it, and he asked her and bought it for me. Me, I'm a perfume snob, and Avon scents never, ever, ever do it for me. That said, the husband continues to love this scent on me when I grudgingly wear it. To me, it's too stereotypical a scent with absolutely nothing special about it. A hundred thousand women could wear this with no difference in the scent at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very soft powder and musk scent with just a hint of vanilla. It is not going to offend anybody. Very long lasting fragrance. My DH likes this on me, but it doens't really do anything for me. I think I like my musk to be a little more sensuous than this one is. Avon always has this on sale at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Night Magic in a fit of nostalgia for the Avon products I loved as a teen. I remember owning one of the roll-on deodorants and loving the scent (though I can't imagine wanting musky deodorant now!) I bought the spray in a 2 for 1 deal - paid about 7 dollars, great value! The first spray was very sharp, and I was worried that it didn't have the soft powdery smell I remembered. After about 10 minutes it started to settle down into a gentle musk. It is very powdery, but I love powder. What is a little surprising is the sweetness - it is not a dry or flowery musk. I find that it layers well with a vanilla lotion. I consider this a cold weather fragrance. In the summer I would wear Jovan white musk, but this is nice for a winter option (I don't like regular jovan musk.) Lasting power is good on my skin - it lasts all day. Recommended for powder or musk lovers.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by cvogue

This is becoming one of my fave perfumes. Musky and ambery and yes, powdery. I like it better than Avon's Soft Musk--NM is more interesting and longer-lasting. Wins a permanent spot in my perfume hoard.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this, haven't worn it in years. There was a special in an avon brochure, mini perfums. So I got 2, received it yesterday, am wearing it today, and I love it!!!!! Can't believe I had forgotten how great this was. It will be a great winter scent here in Colorado. I'm soooo happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by shadow78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm an Avon rep and my mom recently ordered this perfume. She was trying to find a scent to replace Cabot Musk Oil. Without even smelling it first, she decided on Night Magic. When she sprayed this to try it out, I was in heaven. It definitely has a strong powdery scent, but to me, it's lovely. It's like a powder with an underlying musk. It reminded me of Love's Baby Soft when I first got a whiff, but it's not identical. My mom offered me a bottle (she bought 2), but I already have so many perfumes of my own. If I use some of mine up before the wintertime, I will definitely buy a bottle of this for myself. And the price is excellent. I often see this on sale in the Avon catalogues.