October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jazzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This scrub is my new HG! I'm the person that products never work for; no matter what kind or what price my skin seems to be resistant to everything. I've always had a million blackheads on my nose and they've started spreading to other areas of my face. Unfortunately, the head is below the surface of the surrounding skin so pore strips can't grab them (I've tried so many times).

I bought this product on a whim because it was on sale and I like Neutrogena. Used it the next morning and saw an immediate reduction in my blackheads! They were still there, but visibly improved. The scrub is a lot finer than other ones I've tried so i didn't know what to expect, but it also smoothed my skin nicely. I used it again that night and again saw a blackhead reduction AND smoother skin overall AND visible improvement in my skin tone. I've been telling everyone about it because I've ha so much success with it.

Reading other reviews it seems a lot of people haven't found success with this scrub, but I suggest you try it because if you have anywhere near the amount of luck I've had with it you'll be very very happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this everyday now for about a month. I love it (mostly). I had been swearing by the simple daily cleanser which worked great for me during the summer and fall months, but I live in a cold climate. As soon as it got colder here (around 20 degrees) my skin got irritated and flaky and I was getting clogged pores/blackheads like nobody's business. I switched to this and within two weeks I no longer had any blackheads. I love that it gently exfoliates my skin and has also kept an acne that might pop up from coming through. The down side is its very drying. I have normal skin that gets dry in the winter months so I have to exfoliate constantly, but I found this to be very over drying, which is why I only gave it four out of five. I did have to switch my moisturizer to something heavier but once I made that switch I have had no problems with dryness, flaking, or blackheads. Its pretty competitively priced with other similar products. I'm not a fan of the packaging though. Its a thicker, grainier scrub and the tube it comes in seems pretty flimsy. I already have small cracks from where I've had to squeeze harder than normal to get it out, but those didn't appear until about half way through the product. I will definitely be repurchasing this product, but only during the winter/early spring months. I feel like this would destroy my face during the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseKnowz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this product, It kinda felt like I took a huge heap of dry sand and started rubbing it on my face. It kinda scrapes my skin, but I guess that's the point. I bought it at a local walgreens for around $8, which is a little expensive considering how much product you get. It does the job to a degree....I still get zits and clogged pours every now and then. I think I can find something better than this. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kelliku92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product would help eliminate the blackheads I get in the corners of my nose and help remove dead skin from the rest of my face. The product has not made any significant reduction in the number of blackheads on my nose, however, it has caused me to break out in other places I NEVER break out. This caused large, painful whiteheads on my cheeks, chin and temples.

When I first noticed this, I thought to myself, "how could this product cause it, this must be something diet/stress related." I spent some time analyzing my diet and stress patterns over the two weeks since I began using this product and noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Then, I turned to the internet, to discover that I am not the only one experiencing additional break outs from this product. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE... well, except maybe a sworn enemy (think Mean Girls and Regina's face cream that was actually foot cream, except this stuff does not make your face smell like peppermint!)

Pros:
-Decent packaging, fairly standard

Cons:
-Messy
-Causes breakouts
-Does not reduce blackheads
-Feels like rubbing mildly moistened Comet Cleanser on your face
-Did I mention it causes breakouts!?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by annababe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scrub is too harsh for my skin and contains irritating menthol.
Used it only once.
Now I use it just to scrub my legs, but never again on my face!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Dvora217

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work. At all. This product claims to penetrate into pores to remove blackheads, exfoliate, and then delivers conditioners to prevent over-drying. I've had this product for a while and every so often ill go back to the bottle try it for a few weeks hoping ill find results. It does not do a single thing it promises, the blackhead are still there, my skin begins to over-dry (and i have oily skin) and any red spots on my face become worse. So the bottle remains mostly full, simply being a waste of money. Overall this product makes my face worse then before and i would not recommend buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by demitra0512

I tried this scrub at my friends place once, and I loved it. At first it stinged a little, it feels very strong and alcohol-like. Allthough, I loved it! You could feel it digging up the clogged pores and afterwards my face felt amaaazing!! So I bought it myself, and I use it almost every day. When I don't use it regularly my face feels oily and clogged, so this really works wonders for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

This scrub has really made my skin blackhead free. I do get blackheads occasionally still, but they have reduced a lot after using this. I don't use this everyday, just 2 time per week since I have acne and I don't want to irritate my skin. The granules are pretty large, so I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. If you have blackheads, you should definitely try this out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by mydearjessica

I've had acne and blackheads for about 2-3 years now. I sort of liked this product. It did clear some of my acne but I still broke out after 4-5 weeks of using it. It didn't get rid of any of my blackheads which sucked because I was really looking forward to this product. I don't think I would buy it again since I think there is better and more effective products out on the market.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not normally a neutrogena fan last year my skin couldint stand it for some reason. since I hit 25 I have noticed changes in my skin I don't like my pores are beginning to become more enlarged than before. I have had blackheads on my nose since my teens I have always taken good care of my skin but nothing could remove those ugly blackheads,so I borrowed this from a friend so I could trial run it and see if I broke out again,and remarkably I didint. it did however remove the blackheads on my nose and shrunk my pores considerably nothing can actually remove pores not even high end brands but they can atleast shrink them I'm also considering purchasing the neutregena pore refining toner along with this overall I like this a lot the cooling sensation is amazing puts my skin on a nice high however I wish these products wernt so heavily fragranced but never the less I will still be buying this for sure..:) I have dry sensitive skin for reference and it did not aggravate my dry sensitive skin! UPDATE: this is without a doubt become HG for me! I really love this scrub my skin has never looked better since using this its like using a high end brand just without the hefty pricetag will buy this for a long long time absolutely can't live without this now!Update:sadly I hadto knock 3 lippies off this it is no longer hg for me I found it way to drying for my skin and didint like the way my skin was looking and feeling after this will only use it once a week maybe but everyday use my skin will not have dry sensitive skin ladies use this cautiously.