Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Alright, so let me start out with I used to HATE this product, when I first got it, it made no difference in my skin whatsoever, so I stopped using this. After running out of my other face scrub, I decided to give this one another try, and I totally had different thoughts. I usually scrub this on my face, let it sit for a couple minutes and then wash it off, and my face feels refreshed and the rough scrub makes me feel like I truly did get all of the "gunk" and buildup my face had. This scrub also did help prevent the blackheads from coming up, BUT if I ran out of this product, I probably wouldn't rush to go get it because I think there MAY be better products.

I asked a skin care professional about the invisible bumps on my forehead, and he told me they were blackheads. So I changed my cleanser to this specifically for blackheads and it actually made my forehead smoother and got rid of the bumps. After using this I found that my face is softer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have tried everything i can (within my budget) to get rid of blackheads - nose pore strips, peel off masks, heating gels, extractor tools, etc.. even elmers's glue! usually the bad boys disappear for a few days, then they come back! i kinda lost hope at one point..

then i ran out of my HG cleanser and when i went to the mall to repurchase it, it was out of stock at the time. it's a blessing in disguise because i picked this up instead, initially just to use it until my baby's in stock again. but now i'm almost done with this and i gotta say i'm definitely repurchasing this!! this is now my new HG cleanser!

why?
- it got rid of my blackheads for good. by "for good" i mean while im using this product. i dont know if after i finish up my current tube the blackheads will reappear. but i love looking at my face in the mirror up close and finding not a single blackhead in sight.
- it also prevented my skin from producing excessive amount of sebum!! i can say the oiliness drastically decreased! i might have to change my skin status from oily to normal now!
- i have acne prone skin, but this bad boy helped keep the pimples at bay with its considerable amount of salicylic acid.
- i dont have to waste my money on nose strips and all those things i have used before that really didnt woork as well as this does!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this awhile ago, during one of my must-take-care-of-my-skin fads, but it was chucked in a drawer & forgotten about til I ran out of my usual face wash & decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about 2 months now & while I don't think the product does anything to blackheads which are already there, it certainly helps prevent more appearing. I usually have trouble with products like this because of my eczema but it leaves my face feeling soft & fresh, no flaky patches or tightness. Overall I would buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this scrub around 2 months ago and have been using it twice a day everyday ever since. I decided that now would be a good time to write a review since ive given it a decent ammount of testing time.
Overall its an okay scrub, the main problem is that it didnt acctually get rid of my blackheads but i do think it prevented more coing back. if i were to get rid of all those cretins on my nose and chin area then this would be a fairly effective prevention of the coming up.
I think i would repurchase but not in a hurry, im still looking for that HG product for my blackheads

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Good product? Yes
What is does to blackheads: Nothing
Overall: I would repurchace

Edit: I like this but I feel like there are better scrubs out there

I've been using this for a couple years now can this is great! Before I bought this, my nose and around my nose was littered with tiny and large blackheads. I read exfoliating cleanser are great at removing blackheads, so I found this at my drugstore for around $6-7.
The beads in the product are amazing! It has a lot of beads and it feels like rubbing sand, but after week or so later many blackheads were either small and less visible or some had completely disappeared! However, some stubborn blackheads wouldn't leave, so I had to pop them on my own. That's the reason why I gave this scrub 4 lippies instead of 5. Though, it was a lot faster and easier popping those blackheads after using this scrub.
After using this, my skin became smoother and less oily.
I actually scrub really hard, but this product never broke me out nor did it irritated me, but actually help my occasional pimple disappear a little bit faster.
However, I will not recommend this product for sensitive skin since it is notorious for causing breakout and cause red skin. But for those who are not acne prone or sensitive then this is for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This scrub is my new HG! I'm the person that products never work for; no matter what kind or what price my skin seems to be resistant to everything. I've always had a million blackheads on my nose and they've started spreading to other areas of my face. Unfortunately, the head is below the surface of the surrounding skin so pore strips can't grab them (I've tried so many times).

I bought this product on a whim because it was on sale and I like Neutrogena. Used it the next morning and saw an immediate reduction in my blackheads! They were still there, but visibly improved. The scrub is a lot finer than other ones I've tried so i didn't know what to expect, but it also smoothed my skin nicely. I used it again that night and again saw a blackhead reduction AND smoother skin overall AND visible improvement in my skin tone. I've been telling everyone about it because I've ha so much success with it.

Reading other reviews it seems a lot of people haven't found success with this scrub, but I suggest you try it because if you have anywhere near the amount of luck I've had with it you'll be very very happy.

I have been using this everyday now for about a month. I love it (mostly). I had been swearing by the simple daily cleanser which worked great for me during the summer and fall months, but I live in a cold climate. As soon as it got colder here (around 20 degrees) my skin got irritated and flaky and I was getting clogged pores/blackheads like nobody's business. I switched to this and within two weeks I no longer had any blackheads. I love that it gently exfoliates my skin and has also kept an acne that might pop up from coming through. The down side is its very drying. I have normal skin that gets dry in the winter months so I have to exfoliate constantly, but I found this to be very over drying, which is why I only gave it four out of five. I did have to switch my moisturizer to something heavier but once I made that switch I have had no problems with dryness, flaking, or blackheads. Its pretty competitively priced with other similar products. I'm not a fan of the packaging though. Its a thicker, grainier scrub and the tube it comes in seems pretty flimsy. I already have small cracks from where I've had to squeeze harder than normal to get it out, but those didn't appear until about half way through the product. I will definitely be repurchasing this product, but only during the winter/early spring months. I feel like this would destroy my face during the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I first got this product, It kinda felt like I took a huge heap of dry sand and started rubbing it on my face. It kinda scrapes my skin, but I guess that's the point. I bought it at a local walgreens for around $8, which is a little expensive considering how much product you get. It does the job to a degree....I still get zits and clogged pours every now and then. I think I can find something better than this. Won't be repurchasing.