April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kelliku92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product would help eliminate the blackheads I get in the corners of my nose and help remove dead skin from the rest of my face. The product has not made any significant reduction in the number of blackheads on my nose, however, it has caused me to break out in other places I NEVER break out. This caused large, painful whiteheads on my cheeks, chin and temples.

When I first noticed this, I thought to myself, "how could this product cause it, this must be something diet/stress related." I spent some time analyzing my diet and stress patterns over the two weeks since I began using this product and noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Then, I turned to the internet, to discover that I am not the only one experiencing additional break outs from this product. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE... well, except maybe a sworn enemy (think Mean Girls and Regina's face cream that was actually foot cream, except this stuff does not make your face smell like peppermint!)

Pros:
-Decent packaging, fairly standard

Cons:
-Messy
-Causes breakouts
-Does not reduce blackheads
-Feels like rubbing mildly moistened Comet Cleanser on your face
-Did I mention it causes breakouts!?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by annababe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scrub is too harsh for my skin and contains irritating menthol.
Used it only once.
Now I use it just to scrub my legs, but never again on my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by demitra0512

I tried this scrub at my friends place once, and I loved it. At first it stinged a little, it feels very strong and alcohol-like. Allthough, I loved it! You could feel it digging up the clogged pores and afterwards my face felt amaaazing!! So I bought it myself, and I use it almost every day. When I don't use it regularly my face feels oily and clogged, so this really works wonders for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by mydearjessica

I've had acne and blackheads for about 2-3 years now. I sort of liked this product. It did clear some of my acne but I still broke out after 4-5 weeks of using it. It didn't get rid of any of my blackheads which sucked because I was really looking forward to this product. I don't think I would buy it again since I think there is better and more effective products out on the market.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not normally a neutrogena fan last year my skin couldint stand it for some reason. since I hit 25 I have noticed changes in my skin I don't like my pores are beginning to become more enlarged than before. I have had blackheads on my nose since my teens I have always taken good care of my skin but nothing could remove those ugly blackheads,so I borrowed this from a friend so I could trial run it and see if I broke out again,and remarkably I didint. it did however remove the blackheads on my nose and shrunk my pores considerably nothing can actually remove pores not even high end brands but they can atleast shrink them I'm also considering purchasing the neutregena pore refining toner along with this overall I like this a lot the cooling sensation is amazing puts my skin on a nice high however I wish these products wernt so heavily fragranced but never the less I will still be buying this for sure..:) I have dry sensitive skin for reference and it did not aggravate my dry sensitive skin! UPDATE: this is without a doubt become HG for me! I really love this scrub my skin has never looked better since using this its like using a high end brand just without the hefty pricetag will buy this for a long long time absolutely can't live without this now!Update:sadly I hadto knock 3 lippies off this it is no longer hg for me I found it way to drying for my skin and didint like the way my skin was looking and feeling after this will only use it once a week maybe but everyday use my skin will not have dry sensitive skin ladies use this cautiously.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MissKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is not the product for me.
Firstly, because I have combination skin, I was told to attack parts of my skin separately - dealing with the oil parts and dry parts individually. I noticed that the parts where my skin was the most oily had quite a lot of blackheads, so I decided to buy this product.
It was around 4 the last time I brought it - which I found to be rather reasonable.

Advantages:
My skin did feel cleaner after I had used this product, I do love my skin when all the make up and impurities have been rubbed off - leaving my skin fresh.

Disadvantages:
It just didnt work for me. At first, I thought that it was never going to cure the problem immediately - I had to use it continuously for my blackheads to go away or at least reduce!... No such luck I'm afraid. I used it every other day for about 2 weeks and just saw no improvement. I still try and use it now and again to see if I maybe judged it too soon, but nothing happens! I examine my skin to see if anything has improved and NOTHING changed. My overall skin didn't improve (even though that wasnt my original intention when I brought the product). It might be different for people with different skin types, but it was a complete waste of money for me.
I would not buy this product again.

Hope I helped.x

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Broke me out in inflamed pimples! I tried using it up on my back, but it produced the same reaction there. Threw it straight in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by juvenileOrion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this at least twice or thrice. I thought I could not use it after I finished my second tube as I was using GOW products in my new skincare regime. Went without using it for about a week or so and realized that my nose started to get blackheads in them and my skin wasn't as smooth as before. Rushed to purchase it again and now my skin feels heaps better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by suzanne1993

My skin feels great after using this. It doesn't completely help my problem but it's still a great product and I love how my skin feels afterwards and I always see some improvement in my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i use it on my nose and chin area where my black and whiteheads are. i usually dont like to use treatment products in the morning, coz i feel them to be more effective used in night time, but this i do use only in the morning. its sticky-ish and white, kinda like toothpaste. it haves big orange beads on it and some really small ones that you cant really see. i think it should have more of the smaller ones, coz it exfoliates very gently. i have used it like 2 weeks now and theres not really a big difference. but my pores looks very open after using this and all the dirt in there kinda pops out, so its easier to squeese them etc. i wouldnt propably buy this again, theres not that big difference :)