August 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Concealers - Exuviance - CoverBlend Multi-Function Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ONLY concealer I've ever used that has made a dent in my under eye circles, and I have tried dozens over the years. It is a liquid in a squeeze tube, and I apply with a Real Techniques brush from a tiny amount squeezed onto the back of my hand. It makes a difference, stays put and doesn't crease as long as I'm careful not to apply too much. This is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by NoraYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a very dry skin, huge undereyes circles and medium tone skin this covers REALLY well and I use Sand.. the cons are that u have to be very careful applying since it dries fast and when it does forget changing anything.. it does look like makeup when u r under extensive lightning or a really sunny day.. other than that, it does cover like ur skin has nooo problems

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I was in Ulta the other day, and had recently run out of my old concealer (rimmel match perfection). I would have repurchased it, but lately I've noticed that the lightest shade is too dark for my fair skin. On the Ulta website, this concealer was rated well, as well as here on MUA. Common complaints were that it was either too light or it didn't come in enough shades for darker skintones. The latter is an issue, as it only comes in two shades. I'd say that if you're any darker than an NC40, this concealer probably wouldn't work for you. I have it in light, which is the lighter shade of the two. I have a lot of acne scarring, and want to cover them up on a daily basis, especially for school. This is very light, and matches my fair skin perfectly! I just dab it where I need it...and I'm done! A little goes a long way.
UPDATE 12/30/12: No change in lippies, but I've been doing my makeup in super weird lighting when I wrote the first part of the review. I was out today and saw my face in a department store mirror, and my face looked close to flawless! I've been breaking out a lot lately (Christmas candy...what I eat often effects my skin), and had a really ugly belmish. It seriously looked almost gone with this on! I actually notice a reduction in redness after I remove this. I guess I can chalk this up to all the anti-aging ingrediants this claims it has. Really loving this concealer so far!
UPDATE 1/11/13: Back to doing my makeup in normal lighting, and have been using this every single day. After gym class, I usually check my makeup in the locker room mirror to make sure it doesn't look cakey/my mascara isn't smudged. I used to dodge those mirrors and only look in them for a quick second to wipe off my inevitable 'panda eyes'. Since my old concealer was too dark for me, it highlighted my acne/scarring and made me feel really self concious because it would smear throughout the day. This concealer perfectly matches my skin tone, and has the most amazing (but never cakey) coverage in the world. Really happy with this concealer- I used to spend at least twenty minutes on my concealer alone trying to cover up all my imperfections, but now I can spend the same amount of time on all my makeup. I definitely reccommend this to anyone willing to spend a bit more money to get a great concealer. For anyone wondering, you can get this at Ulta for 22$.
UPDATE 3/2/13: I'm not gunna dock lippies for this, but Lord almightly, this looks like makeup in sunlight! And I don't mean makeup, I mean MAKEUP. Like, girl, your face is a cake kind of makeup. But only under harsh, harsh sunlight, which I'm hardly ever in because I...I hardly go outside...*coughs*.
UPDATE 4/4/13: Fixed the issue with the makeup look in harsh lighting. It took some figuring out, but what I do is use my foundation (Covergirl 3in1 or Almay Clear Complexion) then apply this concealer where needed, then...and this is what fixes it: I use E.L.F.'s high definiton powder over everything to set it. I've tried a lot of powders, but that one helps make everything blend into my skin and look a lot more natural. Gosh, I love this concealer.
UPDATE 6/11/13: Now that it's summer where I live, my skin is prone to oil. Most concealers break down with the oil and start to transfer, fade, smear, and almost 'run', like a mascara would. This one doesn't do that. I think thise is a safe bet for oily skin. But, my skin is also dry around my mouth from makeup wipes I was using, and this doesn't cling to the patches nor does it flake off. This concealer is impressive. I've had it for over six months now, and I haven't even gone throuh half of the tube yet. I went through my Rimmel concealer in literally a month and a half. I cannot say enough good things about this concealer. I used to purchase concealers every time I went shopping, but I haven't bought another one since purchasing this. The 22 dollar price tag is a bit high, but I will definitely shell out the cash for this. HG for sure.
UPDATE 7/14/13: I recently ordered another concealer from Sephora.com that has recieved quite a bit of hype on here as well as on blogs (and from the lovely gossmakeupartist on youtube). I've noticed that the lightest shade of this is a tad too dark for my pasty skin now that I've switched to a better foundation match (Revlon whipped in 110), so I bought the lightest shade of the nars radient creamy concealer and hope to mix the two. No change in lippies and I will repurchase this still and update when the nars one ships in, but I just wanted to let all the fair girls know that this may not be for you if you are truely *very* pale like I am. I may end up going to mac and buy the lightest pro long wear concealer they offer and mix a dab of that with some of this. Still, the difference in color isn't terribly noticible except for in sunlight.
UPDATE 7/26/13: Well, I prefer the NARS concealer. It lasts longer and is a better color match and less oily for me. This is still a good buy and I'll use it now and again, but now that I've met the NARS radient creamy concealer, this doesn't do it for me anymore, alas.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Lulu1025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer!! It covers everything that I need it to...acne, scarring, dark spots.. Just everything. It goes on so light- it feels like nothing is on my skin. A lot of other concealers feel very heavy and cakey to me. And it literally takes a very tiny amount. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this concealer in the shade "beige", my skin is fairly light, neutral leaning warm (I'm beigy in tone, neither too pink or too yellow, but do lean more yellow-toned). The Beige looks dark and orange (and scary) from the tube but turns to a very light creamy color (like eggnog heavy cream) when patted during the application process and is almost a perfect match for my light skin, but it's just a touch too dark but not so dark that it's obvious, I can definitely get away with just using this and a translucent powder. The next shade down (the lightest) would be way too light/white for me.

PRO'S:
*Thin liquid foundation-like texture, not a paste, that can be used somewhere other than the under-eye area.(a difficult texture to find for med-high coverage concealer that isn't full of glitter and sparkles)
*Not cakey, again, a thin but fairly opaque texture.
*Dries and adheres very well to skin (i.e. stays put once dry), and therefore can be applied prior to foundation without getting messed up or creating a scaly patchy cakey disaster.

CON'S:
*In conjunction with the pro's above, a con is that this concealer is time consuming because where I actually really need concealer, it needs at least two layers (apply one layer, let it dry, then apply another layer, let it dry, and so on until desired coverage is reached) and just seems to require a lot of product and a lot of my time. Despite this, it doesn't ever look cakey, even when 3-4 layers are used. But the process is kind of a pain,. But the extra work does get me a pretty flawless (even up close) result.
*I don't have wrinkles around my eyes, but I do have a fold of skin right below my lower lash lines due to my eyes being very round. This concealer doesn't "settle" or "migrate" in there once dry and set, but if I accidentally get product in those folds during application it will migrate to the deepest part of the fold and be a noticeable creasing and won't dry, and the trapped product will need to be wiped out away (but just once, then it's fine)
*This concealer only worked for me when patted. I can't be like the pixiwoo sisters and use a fancy brush to swipe/buff concealer on the eye area (or anywhere else) all breezy like. Won't work, won't do squat but just wipe away. This only worked for me when dotted on whatever area I need coverage, and then patting/tapping the area several times (and not going nuts with the patting)

This is the best concealer I've had, but I'm going to purchase dermablend smooth indulgence concealer when I run out of this because it seems to have pretty much the same properties as this concealer except I was pretty wow'ed by the coverage of Dermablend from so very little product and the blendability and smooth opaque finish from the Dermablend concealer tester that is at Ulta. Time will tell if in the end I find Exuviance or Dermablend to be the superior product. I did only use the Dermablend tester at Ulta, afterall, but as I said, I was very impressed by it, and in the Dermablend, I would need the lightest shade they offer, which is called "nude". Hope this helps.

EDIT (10/24/2013): An MUA member sent me a message after reading my review, inquiring if I had purchased the Dermablend concealer and compared it to the Coverblend; I figured I would update my review and include the relevant portion of my response to her here:
I did purchase the Dermablend smooth indulgence concealer in "nude" soon after writing that review. The color is a closer match, and coverage is better and is easier to work with, however it doesn't adhere as well to the skin so it can only really work at spot concealing after you've already applied your foundation, not before; it also breaks down and begins to separate rather quickly, so its shortcomings are in its staying power and ability to adhere.
I think the Coverblend is a superior concealer in those respects. I use the Dermablend now not as a concealer, but rather I add a pea size amount to bottles of foundation that don't have enough coverage for my liking. It works well for that purpose and hasn't negatively effected the performance of my foundations. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by pinkpocky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

honestly this is one of the best concealers on the market. it covers like a beauty. under eye circles, blemishes, dark spots, it can cover anything. its not too expensive, and although the bottle is small, you each time you will use so little to cover everything, it lasts forever.
the only reason i cannot give this product a 5 is because of the color matching. i am very pale, but the lightest concealer is slightly too pale for me, and looks to bright under my eyes when i use it to cover dark circles. and the the next step darker is much to dark for me.
its a pity because i really like the consistency and quality of this product but because the color doesn't match i won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good concealer. It covers red marks and acne scarring pretty well. I think it's too pigmented to use under the eyes without looking scary. Another plus: I had a mole removed and it helps make the scar not so noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Whittneyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This concealer is light, but provides great coverage. I have very fair skin and it is the perfect shade! Will definitely purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so stoked to try this after reading all the great reviews, and I'm really disappointed that this didn't work for me. It didn't cover my dark circles any better than the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer I've been using. When I applied this it darkened as soon as it dried, so the color of the product in the tube is way lighter than what you end up with. Also, when it dried it seemed to make my under eyes look crepey. I only gave this a 2 instead of a 1 because if it didn't color morph, it seems like it would work ok on covering pimples. I plan on returning this to Ulta. Bummer.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

this is great concealer that i've had no problems with, it blends well i use my fingers, and lasts all day