December 20, 2014 | 1654 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

For the price, this is hands down the best lipgloss I've ever tried. It's not sticky and the colors are so rich and pigmented. All the colors just look so creamy and natural, not like the ones that sit on top of your lips. Highly recommend.

Please watch my fresh spring look using this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Some of my favorite makeup products in my whole collection are lip products. Basically, I love anything from lip balms to lip liner to lip gloss, you get the point. But I have got to say that this has got to be one of the worst lip glosses I have ever owned. Period. I swear, this came straight out of my worst nighmares! Okay, while that last part may be a tinsy bit of an exaggeration, I honestly did not enjoy my experience with my NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Neutral.

I purchased this at Ulta for about $6 and was just looking for a possible Holy Grail gloss. I saw this and said "Why not?" My mistake becuase I can conjure up a quite an extensive list of "Why nots." Since I would hate for you all to think of me as a Debbie-Downer, I will kick this review off with the Pros.

So, while the gloss itself is a hot mess, I was actually pleasently surprised at the lovley (though heavy) fruity/floral smell. However, I've heard several people say that this smells sickly sweet to them so if you are sensitive to fragrance or don't enjoy somewhat 'perfumy' scents, stay away.

In addition, the taste is not too bad. Personally, I don't particularly like the taste of lip glosses, so if it can be avoided I try not to taste them. I must say though, this one did not taste like synthesized goop... more like a fruity lip balm.

Probably most importantly, the packiging of this gloss is some of the best drugstore ones I've seen. The tube is your average gloss size, but has the cutest bow on top. The wand does not break off or gets supper gunky, it reaches down to the bottom, and it doesn't pick up too much product. The plastic tube is thick and sturdy, with cute black print written on it. Overall, very classy and practical

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, here's for the part nobody wants to hear, the Cons. I'm not going to waste too much to my and your time with seperate paragraphs about each con, so this is gist of what you need to know:

This lip gloss is streaky, has a horrible frosty finish to it (which is never a good look), is extrememly runny (at least it doesn't dry out lips), has really poor coverage, accumulates in the lines of my lips, as well as accentuautes any dry patches. This is so bad, I have seen better quality in play makeup from when I was a little girl! Not to even mention that this color drains all the color in my face. I honestly look like I could be a recent addition to the zombies in The Walking Dead while wearing this!

This product is just not any good so don't waste your time or money!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

This lip gloss is rather disgusting to use. It smells, weird, it tastes weird, and most importantly, it emphasizes ALL the lines I have on my lips. I would assume that it dries up my lips even more. Would have preferred the formula to be less sticky. Nice colours though. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

THE SMELL IS TERRIBLE!!!I had this in Natural(Beautiful color, the perfect nude for me!) but it was so disgustingly chemically and i had to return it and get something else instead, so i got another nude gloss but from maybelline(beautiful color, almost like the one from NYX).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oooo lordyyy! I love these glosses! I have them in Tea Rose, La La, Natural, Dolly Pink, Frosted Biege and Clear. I adore them all! Great for applying over lipsticks for added shine, moisture and/or sparkle. Also, fabulous on their own! They have great pigmentation, and the formula is slick and smooth... Not too thin, and not too thick and tastes/smells great.. Like vanilla sugar cookies or something. Just perfection! The tube is adorable and very sleek and simple, yet cute: Clear (so you can see the color), rectangular, long tube with rounded edges with a black twist off cap and the top of the cap has a cute little bow on it, which makes them easily identifiable inside my purse. The product is applied with a sponge tip applicator that I enjoy and that works quite well. I like these so much and I really want to get them in every color! (And there's a very wide range to choose from) Maybe a chocolate brown or plum color for fall.. Or a fun bright red! And at $5 a pop, I can definitely afford them all! Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love these glosses. The colors are very versatile, the consistency is neither too sticky nor too thin, and to me, (which is something a lot of people complain about) they have no scent. One huge problem and a major deal breaker is that these give me that crusty white caking at the corners of my lips. I've tried these alone and over several different finishes of lipsticks and it still continued to do it. I wouldn't swap or give away lip glosses so unfortunately I had to throw them out. I would still recommend giving these a try because it may just be my lips personally they didn't agree with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so here is my mixed review on this lipgloss. I love the color (I have French Kiss and Beige (which is pink by the way) ) and the ONLY issue I have with the lipgloss is that when you shut it, it smudges all out of the tube all over EVERYTHING!!!! It has ruined the inside of my purses because it just get's everywhere. I am sure I have lost 1/2 the product to napkins when wiping it off the tube...so not sure what part of the applicator needs tweeked, but something definitely does. I can find better quality tubes for less money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I LOVE these. They smell great. They taste great. They're creamy. They're shiny. They aren't sticky. They're inexpensive. There's a decent colour range. They stay on well.

Seriously just try them out. The consistency varies a little between them and the smell varies as well. I've tried a few and I love them all.

The only issue I have is sometimes if gloss gets on the edges, a little will come out when you screw it closed. But no biggie.

PS: Target in Toronto and the GTA have started to get NYX products! YES!!!! (I'm so excited!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually didn't like these =| *gasp!* i know..
idk.. they weren't as thick or creamy as I was expecting. Although they are very shiny! And they smell like those sour cherries candy... mmmm..
I'm sure they would also last forever and for the price that's pretty cool! They also last pretty well throughout the day, not amazing but better than lip smackers? The color selection is amazing too!
But idk, I was looking for something richer. Aside from that my only real gripe is that I found the applicator to be weirdly pokey =S did anyone else find that? It felt like I was poking my lips with teeny tiny needles.. wtf?
Definitely will give them a good rating! I think this is a quality product but not quite what I was looking for. I'm going to try the butter glosses.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These lip glosses are pretty nice. It is really shinny however the consistency of each one is different. I bought 6. Sugar pie, beige, natural, chandelier, tea rose, and copper penny. Sugar pie was kinda sticky and was really light but pigmented. It made me look washed out though, but that's just me. As for natural and beige, they are both sticky as well. However copper penny, chandelier, and tea rose aren't sticky. Weird. Also they all sneer kinda weird in my opinion. Sorta like cherry coughs medicine. But it's not terrible, doesn't bother me. Overall it stays on pretty long maybe a few hours, looks nice, and are super pigmented . I do like nyxs butter lip glosses much more though :)