Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 11/14/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this cleanser, but it ended up clogging my pores!
Pros: A little bit goes a long way--one drop plus water and friction and this cleanser produces the most beautiful, luxurious foam ever! It removes make up well and my skin felt very soft after using it.
Cons: I didn't notice any brightening of my skins overall appearance nor specific dark spot brightening-and that was using the entire line. It also cause me to have congested, clogged pores--I am prone to being oily so that turns into a big big problem for me.

I still think that this is a great cleanser, just not for me. Sensitive, dry, and combo skins may enjoy this but if you have a serious dark spot problem or tend to congest easily, try something different.

on 5/29/2013 1:03:00 PM

A great cleanser that cleans very good but does not dry the skin. I also love Benefiance creamy cleanser but now it's just my 2nd favorite. It's expensive but a tube will last for a long time, a little amount lathers well. It does not aggravate my oily t-zone, it balances my skin. Skin looks healthy after a wash. I've also tried Future Solution cleanser and this White Lucent performs similarly. Since White Lucent is the cheaper option, this is the one I'll be repurchasing often.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product and was looking for a drugstore/cheaper alternative. After lots of purchasing and searching, I have found the product at a fraction of the price $2.80! Check out my blog for more information:
I dare you to try it! ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it works great for oily skin. it leaves a clean, somehow tight feeling after. the smell is great. i would not recommend this on people with dry/ normal skin.

on 5/10/2013 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser i must say ! Been using it for 5-6 years due to the amount of blackheads and oily skin that not many cleansers on the market seem to work well into lather for me but this one sure does ! And again sure a lil goes a long way. You can use less then a pea size and it will work into a rich foam for your face. LOVE IT !

Only that the packaging looks cheap because the lotion and moisturiser bottle that was made out of glass looks really luxury. But everyone knows that nothing comes for free so the price to buy this is fairly reasonable.

NOTE : After using it for so long , my skin is almost blemish free :) blackheads, pigmentation have faded , spots and pimple free :D

on 3/5/2013 3:58:00 AM

This is my new favorite product. Having a fair skin tone and random breakouts is horrible especially if dark spots are left behind from pimples.. I love this product because 1. It evens out my skin tone and 2. Very little goes a long way!!.. I can understand how some don't like the ” tight” feeling left behind but that's where moisturizer takes place ;)

on 2/19/2013 2:12:00 AM

This is absolutely perfect HG facial cleansing product for me. Eventhough it runs out, I would be reluctant to try anything new. After 7 years of using it, I think it does help my face to stay fair and luminous, although not spotless or flawless because i have acne prone skin. It never breaks me out and it leaves my skin hydrated after use.

on 2/13/2013 2:26:00 AM

This cleanser does really "clean" your face as it can work up a good amount of foam to cleanse & massage your face but somehow it is too drying for me. Would be good for those with oily skin. Took some time to adjust to the fragrance of the entire White Lucent range so caution to those who are sensitive in this area.

on 1/27/2013 11:40:00 PM

I am totally happy with this cleanser, I have normal to dry skin, yellow tone, and I use some tinted product in the day time. It's product is able to clean light makeup with rich foam and not causing dryness. And I used it twice a day and it last for more than half a year. I couldn't feel the brightening effect like it claims, but it's just a cleanser for 30 something bucks, don't expect too much.

on 1/4/2013 8:56:00 PM

i HATED this cleanser. for some reason it smells nice in the package but quite horrible when I actually used it on my face. Furthermore, it gives that "squeaky clean" texture on your face that I really don't like and it feels extremely drying. Also my face itched really bad after using the brightening products. I know it's not supposed to help with acne, but it made my acne a lot worse for me and it was just not worth it.
It was expensive and ineffective for me.
DON'T BUY IT.