January 25, 2015 | 2126 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:08:00 PM More reviews by maggietapa

I absolutely love this foundation!
It is super light and liquidy which makes it super blendable but gives a fairly good coverage,
I love it because you can layer it depending what coverage you're after WITHOUT it feeling cakey or clinging to certain areas on my skin. I love the finish it gives after 2-3 layers. I tend to apply it with a Sigma F80 or a beauty blender and both give an amazing finish.
I do have combination skin an tend to get oily around my t-zone however this is not really an issue along as I apply powder.
I would definitely repurchase, the price is reasonable especially for New Zealand prices!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 11:08:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. Hitting myself now. This foundation is incredible. Seriously, I've tried Guerlain, Chanel, Dior... I like this foundation better than many of those. It is a very liquid formula that melts into the skin and COVERS amazingly, without looking masky or feeling thick! And it STAYS all day, even when I've had my hands all over my face during my 11-hour workdays (I do set with a powder, of course). This is what I've been looking for forever....

The absolute only negative for me is the packaging. It's pretty horrible - no pump? Product goes everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 12:32:00 AM More reviews by taylortweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this foundation! This is one of the only liquid foundations that doesn't separate and become dry and patchy on my extremely dry skin, and almost makes me appear normal/oily skinned as the day passes on. I love the luminosity that it gives me without appearing greasy, glides over dry patches and doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines like some other foundations do for me. Amazing lasting power for a foundation that doesn't claim to be long lasting, extensive colour range and the packaging is great value considering it comes with a pump (in Australia). A staple in my makeup bag!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:15:00 PM More reviews by StinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I have combo/oily skin, I prefer the healthy luminous version.

I'm an NC42-43 for reference and first picked up the w5. That's was weirdly light. Got the w6 and it was light and orange. Finally got the w7 and it looks grey on me. I just don't get it. But I was gifted n7 and it was my match. I don't know how this is considered a neutral because when held n7 next to the w7, besides the GLITTER this was more yellow.

Now about the glitter! What the hell!?!?! There's sooo much! I didn't notice it in store but when I first applied this and stepped into the sun this made me look like a Twilight Vampire! I guess, much like eyeshadows, the more shimmer a product has the more "blendable" it is. Because of this I will never buy this foundation ever again. Like ever again.

When I wore this is got oily within a couple of hoursZ and this NEVER SETS! I don't know how anyone can call this their Holy Grail. I mean not unless, you have the obedience to not tough your face, or pull clothes over your head.

Also the bottle just sucks. This is too liquids to not have a pump! What the hell was L'Oreal thinking?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:51:00 AM More reviews by minusthegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my own review, from Amazon. On there I'm MissyMachete, if you care to check out my other reviews.

I never thought I would love a drugstore foundation so much. I am a woman of color and I have had a really hard time finding foundations that will provide me with light 'no makeup' coverage, not have annoying, ugly yellow undertones, or turn grey on my skin within hours of me applying it. I previously used Urban Decays cream to powder foundation in Mirage, but found that it was too yellow and made me look jaundiced. I have most recently worn Clinique's CC cream in medium/deep, but after several months of wear I applied it in natural light and was shocked to find that my skin looked grey and corpse-like in the sun. Ugh! Also, the Clinique goes on greasy and on me, stays greasy. If I brush my hand against my face, it feels slick.

I am updating my review. I still use Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation, but now I use it in a different color. I switched over to W7, Caramel Beige. This matches much better, as I discovered I actually do have warm undertones. The kind woman at the Bobbi Brown counter informed me that my foundation was too dark. My review of this foundation remains the same. I still love it. Now that I have the correct shade, it's even better! I was expecting something awful, as it was only $8.00 for a bottle at Target but wow!

I was surprised by the coverage. I have never used a liquid foundation before (up to this point) and I feared this would go on cakey and heavy and make it obvious to all that i'm wearing foundation. Instead it goes on sheer and smooth as heaven. I have freckles (thanks dad!) that I love and never want to cover, and this foundation is light enough to let them show. If you wanted to build this up you probably could, but I'm fine with just two applications. Its STILL sheer. Love.

I apply the True Match with my fingers and blend it out with a cosmetic sponge. I don't like or trust my bootleg beauty blender. I can't figure out how to use it. With this product used over moisturizer and a primer, I can easily get a full day of wear. The color on me fades out perfectly and does not look yellow at all. It is perfect for my dry/combination skin and does not break me out. It seems to disappear into my skin. The only thing I would ask for is a pump style on the bottle. Its maddening to have to try and get the perfect amount with my fingers and it also isn't very clean.

Otherwise, I adore the Loreal True Match and have been using it on the rare days I do wear makeup (I'm extremely active and outdoorsy, so I usually only wear foundation on dates or RARELY to work). I am very content with this product and hope it is never discontinued and that the formula remains the same.

Nothing else really to add to this review, other than the fact that I stopped using Clinique's CC Cream when it went grey on my skin in natural light one day (!!!!) and then from that day on, made me look grey and sick. I REALLY don't want to use too much makeup and am deathly afraid of having 'cake face' so wearing bronzer or blush was not an option for me. My skin has changed as I've gotten older (dryer), and the Clinique worked well for awhile. But I've noticed over the past two years that cream concealers are no longer the best choice for me. My mother has similar skin and she's worn liquid concealers for as long as she's been wearing makeup.

Mother really does know best. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kimmurs

2.5 if I could. Unfortunate packaging... unless you use a sponge applicator of some type I find pouring out of the bottle kinda cumbersome and at times wasteful. I have combo skin and it works for me but if I have drier areas this stuff definitely does not smooth over nicely. Using a primer may help a bit.

Also the matte finish? At first great, however as the day wears on I find it can feel dry or 'powdery'. Lasting power is mediocre. Mediocre because I find on good days and with primer/good skin prep beforehand it stays put. That's on good days, on average however I find it definitely oxidizes and after a full day it feels dried out, looks patchy, just not good in general. I definitely would not recommend this if you have dry skin.

Also if I remember it was ~$14/15 (here in Canada) which seems pushing it for a drugstore foundation, especially one that I personally do not find to be anything but mediocre as far as foundations go.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kdubbs14

This made me break out horribly and caused large, painful acne. I actually had to go to a dermatologist to get medication to get rid of it. I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin or anyone that is prone to acne. I would never repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sandramac

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my second bottle of this foundation, so I think it is time to write a review. I love this foundation, and I am someone who is fussy, and have been disappointed by L'Oreal products, in the past. So, why did I buy this, in the first place? I spent some time in the foudations aisle in a well-lt store, using testers, over a two-visit shopping trip. I got to try it on my skin, see it in different lights, and check for wear, skin reaction, and whether or not it rubbed off on my clothing easily. Compared to several other products in this price range, I selcted L'Oreal True Match.

I hit my "true match" on my second attempt. N2 works for my fair, mature, used-to-be oily skin. I use prescription strength tretinoin, so sometimes my skin gets flakey, and it has always been sensitive, and is a bit moreso, now. True Match does not irritate my skin, even my eyelids, and blends well with or over my moisturizer, no matter which one I may use on a particular day. It is blendable, buildable, and even when I need to expfoliate -- which I only do once per week as a clean washcloth and Ceptaphil cleanser works well for me -- True Match does not make the flakey spots stand out, or settle into my skin imperfections. I can just pat, rather than fingertip smooth, a spot or two that needs exfoliation, until I exfoliate when I cleanse that night.

I only set with a touch of Physician's Formula powder, and True Match lasts through a whole day of my usual activity. True Match is my go-to foundation for 8-12 hours away from a mirror. I don't have to worry about touch-ups, smears, or color change. It does not make my skin break out or feel too dry.

I always prefer my foundation in a glass bottle, so I like this packaging, and the cap and rim are easy to clean, to keep the product fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 6:53:00 AM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I succumbed to the hype of this foundation and it's honestly pretty good.. Here in Australia drugstore foundations are pretty expensive which sucks because they're not always that great. This is the only drugstore foundation that I have for that reason.

I would say this is medium to full coverage, easy to build. I have dry skin and it works okay for me. My pores are occasionally visible thru this foundation, however they are visible thru others too.

Pros
- Close cover match to MAC foundation shades.
- Easy to blend
- Semi-matte finish
- Doesn't clog pores or cause acne
- SPF protection

Cons:
- Sometimes shows a dry patch on my cheek

If you're looking for a drugstore foundation I would definitely recommend checking this one out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:49:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

after trying many different foundations, l'oreal true match is the ONE. i find that it is easiest to apply using a wet brush. it gives great medium to heavy coverage (depending on how much you apply) and, when paired with primer and powder, last almost all day on my oily skin without slipping or shining. but the packaging is really awful. it comes in a glass bottle with a screw top and no applicator--you just have to pour it out. it comes out REALLY slow, especially after it's about half empty, and after a few uses the screw top is a mess. whenever i buy a bottle i pour it into an empty moisturizer bottle which has a pump or dropper-type applicator in order to get the product out.