L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 3/18/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for several months before giving a review, i purchased it because of the amount of great reviews it was getting on Youtube. I wouldnt recommend this foundation if you have dry skin because it has a drying affect on my skin (normal skin). It looks slightly powdery on my skin too and i prefer a more dewy finish. However the great thing about this foundation is how well it blends, it feels as though it dissolves into the skin. I wouldnt purchase this product again.

I've bought a lot of drugstore foundations and were disappointed because they didn't match my skin tone or were a little darker, but this one is the first I've found from Wal-Mart that has matched my pale skin tone.

I had heard a lot of good reviews about this foundation for quite a while, but I never bought until a few months ago. It's a small bottle, a lot smaller than most foundations I've seen. When I first tried this, I was really excited because the moment I put it on my skin, it was actually the right shade.

It does cost a little more than usual foundations. I think I bought this for about ten dollars. The only problem I have with it is since my skin is dry and sensitive, I have to use moisturizer a lot before I put this on my face. I used to use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream underneath this which worked pretty well.

Overall, I really do like this product and would buy it again.

on 3/16/2015 11:46:00 AM

I have this in two colors: W3 and C3. W: Warm and C: Cool. So, i took one of those online tests to determine what my under tones truly are and i found that I am COOL. :) I've been using the W3 for several months now, and found that it was too orange for me. I did buy it in a shade darker just because I am very pale and wanted a bit more color in my skin.

pros:
- color range: if you can get away with buying a shade lighter or darker, then that means there's a pretty good color range. I am at the lightest end of the spectrum and bought the 3rd color (W3 and C3). Now that I have both, C3 color is way better suited for my skin. its not orange on me, and looks way better!! if only i knew beforehand which one i should buy. I think I might try the Neutral shade as well.
- the formula: I like the SPF 17, it is easy to blend and work with IF you apply a really good primer underneath (I use Smashbox's pore minimizing primer, amazing stuff). If you don't, i find this foundation EXTREMELY hard to blend. I prefer applying this in the dotted face method, and then i blend it out with my beauty blender. I get a medium coverage. If i feel like getting full coverage, I use a brush.
- longevity: this is pretty long lasting, at night time, my face still looks good and the foundation is still in place, doesn't break up or melt off.

cons:
- the packaging... the bottle does look sleek on my vanity, but oh goodness, the spillage... the spillage!!! the packaging is so unsanitary because there's no pump. I've learned to work with it since using it for over a year now but still wish L'oreal reinvented the packaging.
- It does say oil-free but i do still get oily but I'm not complaining because with every bb cream, tinted moisturizer and foundation, I get oily regardless. I've accepted it.

on 3/15/2015 9:01:00 PM

I used to love love love this foundation. Don't know what some people are talking about. It doesn't settle in my dry patches and I have quite a bit!! I have combination skin, but dehydrated acne prone. I kept rebutting this. It's an amazing choice IF you don't have acne prone skin. I can't guarantee that this is what caused the breakouts on my cheek area, since I am always trying new cosmetics, however I just seemed to notice it really has been keeping my acne alive. Unfortunately, I cannot buy this again due to the breakouts I am so trying to avoid.

on 3/14/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm gonna keep it short and simple. I needed a foundation that won't break me out so I tried this after watching Michelle Phan rave about this product.

Pros
- great colour selections, there's cool/neutral/warm toned
- has spf
- super blendable
Cons
- looks cakey and drying, also clings onto dry patches
- light coverage, doesn't hide acne
- oily from 1-2 hour
- so much glitter in this
- no pump
- oxidizes, i looked a bit orange after a while

Bought this for 11$. Honestly, super disappointed.

on 3/11/2015 3:05:00 AM

Was so disappointed with this product. Looked and felt so cakey on my face. After all the rave on YouTube and beauty guru blogs I was sure this foundation was going to be the holy grail of drugstore products... Sadly it was not. Looked was too cheap. Returned it the next day.

on 3/9/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It is the only foundation I keep going back to.
It has light to medium coverage, which looks natural and not cakey at all, it is super blendable, it adjusts to the skin tone nicely and has a little bit of "sparkle" which makes the skin look dewy and luminous.
The only bad thing is that it makes dry patches on the skin look horrible, so you really need to moisturize before or avoid it if you have ance or spots that are drying out.
Other than that it's a really good affordable foundation with a nice packaging that comes with a pump (at least in my country it does).

I'm going to start by saying that before this foundation, I was going back and forth between revlon color stay and Mabelline super stay foundation. I love them both and I always tend to go back. So after watching many many many YouTube tutorials on the true match products (original and lumi) I've decided to give both a try... I started with the lumi, then tried the original. The color range is very sparse... I don't like that I can never find the perfect shade. I use true match in n4 buff beige. It is pretty close to my skin tone as I am a bit tan all year round... But I find it does oxidize to a darker shade just a bit if there isn't enough powder to set it ... Other then that it applies amazingly and gives amazing coverage ... A lot of people say it's light coverage but I find it is a full coverage foundation and I do have very red and problematic skin. After a couple hours of wear It still looks very nice as if I just applied it... My skin is combination so where I do get oily the foundation still holds up. But I do have to say I will repurchase this for sure :)

on 3/6/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's a decent foundation for the price, which is pretty reasonable price. The coverage is build able and goes on as medium coverage with just a small amount. My only issue is, this foundation oxidizes. In the store, I matched perfectly as a W7, but after a few hours (like 1-2 hours later) it oxidized & made my complexion look 3 shades darker. It's really frustrating to try to find your shade in the store cause whatever shade that comes out the bottle will look like something entirely different after an hour of wear. I've decided to try a shade 2x lighter and hoping it will oxidize out to my complexion. Key point : once you actually find the right shade, it's a really decent snd affordable product

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a decent makeup. I was able to find my match easily and it looked good on me, but the coverage is not great. It is very sheer and made my skin break out constantly. I have combination skin (oily in my t-zone, normal on cheeks). So this is not ideal, but for someone with normal skin it's an ok daily foundation.

You definitely need concealer because this doesn't cover blemishes or hyper-pigmentation. Also, there is no pump. So the product just spills out. I got used to it and figured out how to measure a good amount, but the packaging is not the best.

Video Reviews & Tutorials