January 29, 2015 | 2100 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:33:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

I'm in the process of finding a good but not ridiculously expensive foundation to wear for my wedding in March. I am NC 30 with yellow undertones and I purchased this in W5 and the powder in W3 since the powder runs darker than the liquid foundation. When I wear the liquid foundation alone, it oxidizes shortly making me look super yellow/orangey. I thought maybe W5 is too dark for me, so I tried wearing the powder in W3 alone. The same thing happened. At this point I would not even consider going any lighter because I think this product is just not for me. The finish, the coverage and the texture imo are just mediocre, and having to go through all the trouble just to find the right shade ( I have purchased and returned a few times before I found my shade) is just not worth it. I rather just invest my money in a pricier product where I can actually test it out and just make a one time purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:48:00 PM More reviews by TenderTina

Perfect shade (W3) for my skin. Not heavy. Easily blendable and the finish feels like soft powder. Only foundation I use. Too expensive at SDM $19 .. Walmart it's around $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wear c1, the shade "alabaster." Let me preface this y saying moisturizer before using, and don't use a brush/finger. This foundation is an exact match for my skin, but streaks when applied with anything but a sponge. I use the real techniques miracle sponge. Great overall, just a few minor problems with application.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:09:00 AM More reviews by carrajay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This was the first foundation I ever bought. I couldn't find an exact match for my skin colour, although that really just comes down to the limited selection available here. I found this foundation really weird in that it was both too oily and too dry for my combination skin, as it exacerbated dry patches but made my t-zone even oilier than normal. I think it might work better in colder climates - I tried using it, mixed in with some Fix+, when on holiday and I found that it moisturised my skin amazingly and left it really smooth and flawless.

I would probably not repurchase this product again as I don't get that much use out of it, and it's quite pricey for a drugstore product. If this works with your skin and you can find an exact match then I could see it becoming a staple, but sadly it just isn't that impressive for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great drug store classic. Wears as well as higher priced foundations for me. Since loreal owns many other HE brands it wouldn't surprise me that this stuff is repackaged with a bigger price tag in a dept store.
Nice med to full coverage. Can apply with fingers, sponge or brush. Heavy under eye circles will need an extra concealer.Leaves a nice satin finish. I would recommend setting with a pressed powder for longer wear. Lasts a full day on my combo skin with minimal shine. So 1 to 2 powder touch ups are necessary. But I haven't come across a product where I didn't need to do that.
I can no longer afford to get expensive makeup and I'm happy to find some decent products at the drug store. Just requires a little more trial and error.
you can often find loreal items on bogo or 40%. Just wait for a sale somewhere you can return if it didn't work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:58:00 AM More reviews by MeV28

Favourite foundation , doesn't feel heavy or cakes up at all. although sometimes it shows my dry patches but not recently because I put rimmels matte primer before I apply true match now. And I do wish there was a pump as the cap because it does get messy but overall I love this foundation and I get compliments about my skin when I wear it !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:32:00 AM More reviews by msyu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this foundation on and off, when I need something cheap but will do the job. L'oreal products are decent and I can usually use them with no problem. The consistency is good, the coverage is light but buildable so even if the shade is a little off, it won't be so obvious.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:08:00 PM More reviews by maggietapa

I absolutely love this foundation!
It is super light and liquidy which makes it super blendable but gives a fairly good coverage,
I love it because you can layer it depending what coverage you're after WITHOUT it feeling cakey or clinging to certain areas on my skin. I love the finish it gives after 2-3 layers. I tend to apply it with a Sigma F80 or a beauty blender and both give an amazing finish.
I do have combination skin an tend to get oily around my t-zone however this is not really an issue along as I apply powder.
I would definitely repurchase, the price is reasonable especially for New Zealand prices!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2015 11:08:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. Hitting myself now. This foundation is incredible. Seriously, I've tried Guerlain, Chanel, Dior... I like this foundation better than many of those. It is a very liquid formula that melts into the skin and COVERS amazingly, without looking masky or feeling thick! And it STAYS all day, even when I've had my hands all over my face during my 11-hour workdays (I do set with a powder, of course). This is what I've been looking for forever....

The absolute only negative for me is the packaging. It's pretty horrible - no pump? Product goes everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 12:32:00 AM More reviews by taylortweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this foundation! This is one of the only liquid foundations that doesn't separate and become dry and patchy on my extremely dry skin, and almost makes me appear normal/oily skinned as the day passes on. I love the luminosity that it gives me without appearing greasy, glides over dry patches and doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines like some other foundations do for me. Amazing lasting power for a foundation that doesn't claim to be long lasting, extensive colour range and the packaging is great value considering it comes with a pump (in Australia). A staple in my makeup bag!