Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 2/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

As soon as I sampled this oil I had to have it and it does not disappoint. Lately my skin has been so dehydrated - that is unusual for me. I live in a moist climate and lately it's been dry and very cold and windy. That, plus the indoor heating, has zapped the life out of my normally youthful looking skin (which I work hard to keep). I also love oils and have a lot of wonderful beauty oils from Egypt, but they are getting to the end of their potency, and none of my remedy oils, go-to creams, moisture sprays, masks, or kitchen fresh solutions have been able to bring my hydration up. My hands are also looking very dry and so red and harsh looking that I am embarrassed.

As a result of this, my skin is also red and bumpy and congested and rashy looking - ugh!! I had saved up lots of Shoppers points and so I usually splurge on expensive makeup or skin care - so got this free, but for around $50 you get a generous amount and only use mere drops for application, so it will last - I would pay that price for a great product like this. One thing about oils - you're not getting a bunch of water, which is what most lotions and creams are.

I keep it in a drawer so it is not exposed to light but I love the yellow colour. I love the dropper application - so neat and clean and easy to dispense a precise amount The smell is very intoxicating to me. I love essential oils (I've been called "the lady of the oils") and have used patchouli for decades, and it always takes me into a happy place.

I got this tonight, and was also given samples of Vital Light Serum and Vital Light Nighttime Cream which I asked to try. I used them tonight and have been impressed with their effectiveness in making my skin feel soft and moist again. But then I patted a few drops of the Blue Orchid face oil on, and very lightly massaged it into my skin. I then massaged whatever was left on my fingers into my hands. Strike the heavenly choir!! My skin feels so incredibly supple and soft again, both on my face and my hands - I can't stop touch my hands. Love this oil!!
(p.s. the Vital Light products are pretty impressive too. I have a glow to my skin after one use of the serum and night cream. A glow I haven't seen for months!!!)

on 1/21/2014 11:46:00 PM

I'm still torn over using this product. I think it's breaking me out! I have been using the 2ml sample for three weeks now and I have six pimples (five on my chin). I've tried using just a couple of drops after washing at night. I also tried mixing a couple of drops with my moisturizer, and now I'm begun following the directions on the clarins website. I put a drop or two of toner and mix it with a drop or two of oil. I will finish the sample and decide whether I'll return the big bottle (if I can). It does moisturize nicely though, but I can't deal with these breakouts!
In the morning I use the double serum and then I use Clinique moisturesurge (which I've been using together for six months with no breakouts)

on 11/13/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's just amazing for my dry skin and I love it!

on 10/29/2013 9:05:00 PM

Its a nice pleasant face oil but i have used better (Espa, Cauldelie)
Always wanted to try it so treated myself in duty free.
Smells nice but i prefer Espa. Not too greasy and didnt break me out.
It just didn't impress me like others have.
Will not repurchase

on 9/13/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product every other night for five months. I use a supermarket brand night cream the other nights. My skin has always tended to redness and blemishes. For the past two months, I've had comments about how healthy my skin looks. I use it at night after washing and toning - just 2-3 drops pressed into my face and neck. It smells great and lasts forever. I have 3/4 bottle left after five months. I now leave the house wearing just tinted moisturiser and primer to control shine. I have not done that since I was a teenager, i.e. for over 20 years. This product really is that good.

on 8/2/2013 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Omg don't know what the big deal is, it's an ok oil but Tarte's Maracuja is WAY better, I swear Clarins stuff is just hype half the time....

on 8/2/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have come to really love this product, as has my skin. At first I used it on its own, or layered with moisturiser but that didn't do much to my skin. I read on here that people mix it with their moisturiser and for some reason that makes all the difference. I use it morning and evening and my skin is healthy, plump and dewy (if I use too much it's greasy at first but penetrates quickly enough). Foundation application is a breeze. It even takes care of some of my facial problem areas (between eyebrows and spot underneath my lip).

I don't like the smell of it and the packaging could be improved, with a dark bottle maybe? It's also not ideal for traveling because it's so heavy. But I'm happy to deal with that seeing how much my skin likes it.

Moisturisers I have used with it: Avene light hydrating cream and a thick and rich cream from the pharmacy (no name brand).

on 7/19/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this oil some years ago with good results. Bought another bottle a few weeks ago and it made my skin so sore. I would say tread carefully if you have sensitive skin with this one.

on 6/30/2013 9:47:00 PM

Winter has been really hard on my skin this year and going into menopause I have noticed some not so good changes to my skin.

I went out and purchased this oil and I would have to say I am in love with it.

I only use it at night as part of my bedtime routine because I use the Clarins Hydraquench Serum during the day.

Love the bottle and the little dropper makes it so much easier to apply. 4 drops on my damp skin is enough for my face and neck, I let that absorb and then apply moisturiser.

Smells gorgeous and my skin has improved greatly, no more flaky bits and my skin is looking plump and hydrated once more.

30ml bottle is going to last me for ages so it is good value for money and it works.

Only suggestion I have is the oil should be stored in a dark bottle so it doesn't go 'off' I suggest if you have this oil you keep it in a dark place, oil does not like daylight.

on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Hydrating oil that's great for adding moisture on dry skin or skin that's not getting enough love in winter. I got a sample of this from our local pharmacy. You just need a drop. I apply a dollop of my moisturiser to the palm of my hand, then add a drop of this oil, mix the two and then apply to freshly toned skin. It sinks in nicely and no greasy residue. Its winter where I live, and this is a nice oil to use. If you have a moisturiser that you love but is not quite working for you, I'd recommend adding a drop of this to it to see if it sorts out the dryness problem. Unfortunately it's only con is the price. Due to the hefty price-tag I wouldn't buy again. I'd rather tinker around with some cheaper oils like sweet almond or rosehip oil which both also do a good job of giving your skin some TLC.

Popular Treatments (Face)