March 1, 2015 | 2041 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Billie15

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's just amazing for my dry skin and I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by peekachoo

Its a nice pleasant face oil but i have used better (Espa, Cauldelie)
Always wanted to try it so treated myself in duty free.
Smells nice but i prefer Espa. Not too greasy and didnt break me out.
It just didn't impress me like others have.
Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product every other night for five months. I use a supermarket brand night cream the other nights. My skin has always tended to redness and blemishes. For the past two months, I've had comments about how healthy my skin looks. I use it at night after washing and toning - just 2-3 drops pressed into my face and neck. It smells great and lasts forever. I have 3/4 bottle left after five months. I now leave the house wearing just tinted moisturiser and primer to control shine. I have not done that since I was a teenager, i.e. for over 20 years. This product really is that good.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AnaPT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg don't know what the big deal is, it's an ok oil but Tarte's Maracuja is WAY better, I swear Clarins stuff is just hype half the time....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have come to really love this product, as has my skin. At first I used it on its own, or layered with moisturiser but that didn't do much to my skin. I read on here that people mix it with their moisturiser and for some reason that makes all the difference. I use it morning and evening and my skin is healthy, plump and dewy (if I use too much it's greasy at first but penetrates quickly enough). Foundation application is a breeze. It even takes care of some of my facial problem areas (between eyebrows and spot underneath my lip).

I don't like the smell of it and the packaging could be improved, with a dark bottle maybe? It's also not ideal for traveling because it's so heavy. But I'm happy to deal with that seeing how much my skin likes it.

Moisturisers I have used with it: Avene light hydrating cream and a thick and rich cream from the pharmacy (no name brand).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this oil some years ago with good results. Bought another bottle a few weeks ago and it made my skin so sore. I would say tread carefully if you have sensitive skin with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Winter has been really hard on my skin this year and going into menopause I have noticed some not so good changes to my skin.

I went out and purchased this oil and I would have to say I am in love with it.

I only use it at night as part of my bedtime routine because I use the Clarins Hydraquench Serum during the day.

Love the bottle and the little dropper makes it so much easier to apply. 4 drops on my damp skin is enough for my face and neck, I let that absorb and then apply moisturiser.

Smells gorgeous and my skin has improved greatly, no more flaky bits and my skin is looking plump and hydrated once more.

30ml bottle is going to last me for ages so it is good value for money and it works.

Only suggestion I have is the oil should be stored in a dark bottle so it doesn't go 'off' I suggest if you have this oil you keep it in a dark place, oil does not like daylight.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hydrating oil that's great for adding moisture on dry skin or skin that's not getting enough love in winter. I got a sample of this from our local pharmacy. You just need a drop. I apply a dollop of my moisturiser to the palm of my hand, then add a drop of this oil, mix the two and then apply to freshly toned skin. It sinks in nicely and no greasy residue. Its winter where I live, and this is a nice oil to use. If you have a moisturiser that you love but is not quite working for you, I'd recommend adding a drop of this to it to see if it sorts out the dryness problem. Unfortunately it's only con is the price. Due to the hefty price-tag I wouldn't buy again. I'd rather tinker around with some cheaper oils like sweet almond or rosehip oil which both also do a good job of giving your skin some TLC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by laureg

Love! I use it at night, after cleansing, on alternate nights when not using Tazorac. I apply several drops to still-damp, clean skin, and it does a beautiful job of hydrating and moisturizing. I also use this in the mornings, mixing two drops with my hyaluronic acid serum after cleansing. I've quite grown to love the patchouli scent of the product (I found it a little on the strong side when I first began using the oil, but it's not offensive). I also love the fact that the bottle comes with a dropper, which is hygenic, keeps the product from getting all over the neck and lid of the bottle, and ensures that you can dispense a precise amount of product without spills. Over the last six months of use, I've found the product has contributed to improved texture and hydration of my skin, and makes my skin look dewy and glowy. I'm also not as oily since I've been using the Clarins oils (I also use the Lotus oil) and my oil production is regulating itself. All in all, the Blue Orchid oil's a keeper, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by sofiloco

I love this! Its not greasy once its sunk in and it fits in nicely with my other products in my evening skin care routine! I apply it after my hydraluron and before my moisturiser and i always wake up with fresh looking skin!! Its a bit pricey, but it is lasting me ages. I love the pipette bottle it look so cute on my shelf! It smells nice too! Yummyyyy