December 18, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this oil some years ago with good results. Bought another bottle a few weeks ago and it made my skin so sore. I would say tread carefully if you have sensitive skin with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Winter has been really hard on my skin this year and going into menopause I have noticed some not so good changes to my skin.

I went out and purchased this oil and I would have to say I am in love with it.

I only use it at night as part of my bedtime routine because I use the Clarins Hydraquench Serum during the day.

Love the bottle and the little dropper makes it so much easier to apply. 4 drops on my damp skin is enough for my face and neck, I let that absorb and then apply moisturiser.

Smells gorgeous and my skin has improved greatly, no more flaky bits and my skin is looking plump and hydrated once more.

30ml bottle is going to last me for ages so it is good value for money and it works.

Only suggestion I have is the oil should be stored in a dark bottle so it doesn't go 'off' I suggest if you have this oil you keep it in a dark place, oil does not like daylight.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hydrating oil that's great for adding moisture on dry skin or skin that's not getting enough love in winter. I got a sample of this from our local pharmacy. You just need a drop. I apply a dollop of my moisturiser to the palm of my hand, then add a drop of this oil, mix the two and then apply to freshly toned skin. It sinks in nicely and no greasy residue. Its winter where I live, and this is a nice oil to use. If you have a moisturiser that you love but is not quite working for you, I'd recommend adding a drop of this to it to see if it sorts out the dryness problem. Unfortunately it's only con is the price. Due to the hefty price-tag I wouldn't buy again. I'd rather tinker around with some cheaper oils like sweet almond or rosehip oil which both also do a good job of giving your skin some TLC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by laureg

Love! I use it at night, after cleansing, on alternate nights when not using Tazorac. I apply several drops to still-damp, clean skin, and it does a beautiful job of hydrating and moisturizing. I also use this in the mornings, mixing two drops with my hyaluronic acid serum after cleansing. I've quite grown to love the patchouli scent of the product (I found it a little on the strong side when I first began using the oil, but it's not offensive). I also love the fact that the bottle comes with a dropper, which is hygenic, keeps the product from getting all over the neck and lid of the bottle, and ensures that you can dispense a precise amount of product without spills. Over the last six months of use, I've found the product has contributed to improved texture and hydration of my skin, and makes my skin look dewy and glowy. I'm also not as oily since I've been using the Clarins oils (I also use the Lotus oil) and my oil production is regulating itself. All in all, the Blue Orchid oil's a keeper, and I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by sofiloco

I love this! Its not greasy once its sunk in and it fits in nicely with my other products in my evening skin care routine! I apply it after my hydraluron and before my moisturiser and i always wake up with fresh looking skin!! Its a bit pricey, but it is lasting me ages. I love the pipette bottle it look so cute on my shelf! It smells nice too! Yummyyyy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this Facial oil! I use a drop of it mixed with my multi-active night cream (also by Clarins) before I go to bed and my skin seems to love it. I bought the bottle back around New Year and I still have about a third of it left as you really don't need too much. I therefore think it is pretty good value really! Just avoid the eye area if you are a bit sensitive. I have oily/combination skin and this seems to help it maintain its balance. Would definitely recommend if your skin needs a bit of an extra boost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

First I was thinking that this product is nothing special and I dont need it. One year after my skin got even more dehydrated and Ive been desperately reading blogs and reviews. What came up? This oil again!! So I bought it.
Anyway, I used already sweet almond oil- did nothing. Other serum based on Primrose and Lavender oil. I was afraid that this one which is definitely more expensive will be too- hydrating but not enough and making my skin shiny.

I used it first time at daytime. What happened? My skin wasnt shiny- say whaaat? It always was after cream!! Impossible! So I put over my oil/silicone based foundation (Armani) what happened? My skin looked amazing. So smooth, no dryness, no shine. My skin felt comfortable. Now Its my first step after cleansing in my morning routine.

I used it at night time after my acne treatment. I woke up WITHOUT shiny and sticky skin. Just dewy. No irritation around my mouth and eyes. Oh my god! I always got dry skin around my mouth and sometimes my eyelids and under eye area felt itchy and painful. Nothing like this, it was plump, smooth, healthy looking.

Im regretting that I didnt get it before... I kind of like the smell, the oil is not too heavy (miracle or what?) and I really need a little drop on my whole face.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

I have very dry skin through winter and this works amazing! Used this treatment as the rep told me for 8 times. Also to those people who had trouble with it absorbing i had the same until i read you need to use a patting motion then it aborbed fine. Makes my skin the softest and nicest through winter have no dryness or trouble or wind burn like i usually get. Few treatments and my skin is amazing evens out my uneven toning and smooths, makes my pores smaller aswell! really noticed an improvement!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I've used the Lotus Face Oil last year and absolutely loved it. Being me, I don't usually stick to one product that works for me. I like to experience new things. I moved to London last year and the weather aren't helping with my skin conditions. So, I've thought about getting the Lotus Face Oil since it works wonders to me when I used to in Malaysia. Due to the cold weather for the past few months, I decided to get Blue Orchid (for dehydrated skin) for my much needed skin.

I only use at night as I have combination skin and I sleep with my window open. Without this, I usually wake up to oily face (you know the whole "if you face is too dry, it starts to produce sebum to make up for it"?) After using this face oil, my face feel softer and much less oily. I don't have the urge to wash my face immediately.

I ordered my bottle online because its much cheaper than the counters but I missed out the fact that it has certain ingredients which I am not really a fan of. I like everything about it but the smell, Patchouli. I absolutely love the herb-y scent of Lotus Oil. So, both are absolutely great, even though I am not particularly bothered by the scent, I would go for Lotus Face Oil and probably top it off with stronger moisturizer.

For now, I am using up my current serum from Vichy for day (lighter) and replacing it with Lotus Face Oil. I am excited already. =p

I will update again after using for a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by bondgirl1979

I really love this product. I suffer from dehydrated skin, and now that I am past my 20's and into my 30's, it's a nice addition to have on under my regular moisturiser as a booster, and under my night cream for extra nourishment. I found it to be not too greasy, it layers on well and comes with a lovely scent. I adore the bottle, and I do think it is a quality product, but if you consider it is mostly just oils that you are buying, I do think it expensive product for what you get and it does not last terribly long. You can easily blend your own organic oils together and get pretty much the same product for a fraction of the price. Therefore I will only buy as a duty free option, or if if discounted.