December 20, 2014 | 803 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

My sister gave me this after finding a better conditioner for her hair. I opened it in the shower and nearly puked...the smell is just HORRID. I don't know if I got a bad one or if that's what it smells like, but it smells almost like literal...dookie. Glad this was given to me because I'd never buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This conditioner doesn't moisturize or smooth my hair. It is very thin, watery and almost dissolves entirely as soon as it touches my damp hair. LUSH associates are always so enthusiastic about the products they sell, but honestly after my last few purchases I just feel scammed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Flowerbby

nope. never again. it smells like hay/petting zoo. the smell seriously reminds me of goats. and it actually made my hair feel worse. even if it did work I cant get pasted the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lacquerhead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is quite healthy; I have dry ends, but an oily scalp and have never colored my hair, I also don't use heat very often (once ever other month). I have used this conditioner for about a year, and one tub lasts me about 5-6 months (I use it twice a week).
I absolutely LOVE this, it's thick and creamy and you get used to the scent after a while. it's not the cheapest, but it has been worth it for me.
The reason I gave this 4 lippies and not 5, is because I used this with the rehab shampoo and my hair was always soft and shiny, but now that I have switched to I love juicy, it's gotten dryer. I don't feel like retread gives me enough moisture right now, but it's still my favorite conditioner and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Beccaberetta

I bought this product after a the sales associate suggested it for me. I have thick, mid back partially bleached partially dyed hair. It can be a lot to handle and my ends dry very easily. I gave up using heat on my hair and this product really tames it without any effort. The natural texture has been coming out more and my hair looks stronger. I'm loving the results after only 3 uses! I love the smell as usual with Lush and I love the texture-thick, creamy and heavy but doesn't leave residue in my hair. Can't complain except it is a small pot for the price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this thinking I would use it as an occasional treatment, thinking it was a really heavy conditioner, but I'm now using it with every wash and I'm completely addicted to it. The fragrance is violet leaf... it is sooo refreshingly beautiful. I would almost use it just for that alone, but the conditioning properties are also top-notch. It feels like it's going to be a really heavy cream, but it rinses out cleanly and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy, with no static or fly-aways (my major issues with long, fine hair). I totally love it and will keep using it now, but I hate the pot! I can see where it would be too thick for the normal Lush bottle (itself no prize-winning example of design), but can the company not come up with a squeezy tube? John Masters does conditioners in tubes and is a totally organic company - far higher standards than Lush even with their continued used of SLS etc - so I really don't understand why Lush is wedded to such archaic and ineffectual packaging. But aside from that it works great, so I will put up with the inconvenience.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A gorgeously effective, long lasting, hair smoothing pot of loveliness!! No definite scent but I like that because it doesn't compete with the scent of my shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by sinemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I've been using Retread along with Rehab for over a month now and i can tell you it worked as a miracle for my hair! First, my friend was using this and she told me it made her hair really dry, also she disliked the scent. It is a very different scent but I actually like it. It definately lingers in your hair so make sure you don't hate the scent.
I have curly, frizzy hair as long as I've known myself. At my first use of Retread my hair was super soft but still a little bit frizzy. However I think after 3rd or 4th wash all the frizz was gone! Now I can actually see my curls clearly. I will absolutely keep buying this when I run out of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by CoralSunrize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after buying a bottle of American Cream (which did nothing but scent my hair and add a little shine) and I'm not very happy about it.

it smells like yogurt and violets (due to both ingredients being in the conditioner) and it sounds very moisturizing. I think I'd have to use half the pot or something to make a difference. I do love LUSH but I just don't know about this one. For $29.95 plus tax for 8.4 ounces of product it isn't exactly cheap either.

I've had MUCH better results with other natural conditioner brands such as Jason's "Apricot Shine", Nature's Gate "Hemp" (one of the greatest out there in my opinion) and Body Shop's "Banana." (also good)

All of those mentioned above didn't cost me more than $8.00 and worked better for my frizzy textured ethnic hair.

I suppose if you have uncolored, very healthy and fine hair this would work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Isn't very moisturizing but it's better than not using conditioner.
Overpriced.
Feels just like putting water on my hair as it's not very thick or creamy.
Do not recommend.

EDIT: After a while of using this I am actually quite keen. I believe that when I first started using this my hair was just too damaged for it to work well, but now that I have got my hair in better condition I do like this product a lot. It stops my hair from being frizzy and keeps it hydrated. I really dislike the smell though.