LUSH Retread

3.5

on 2/17/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love this but they recommend you use rehab shampoo with it

on 2/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Ugh, this sucks. First of all, it smells bad. My boyfriend who isn't usually sensitive to smells made the most repulsed face when he smelled it. It smells kind of like a musty old pile of dirt? Second, it also doesn't do anything for my hair. My hair is extremely difficult to comb out after I use this which is not what I expect from a conditioner that claims to have all of these oils and whatnot and be super moisturizing. For the price it better be darn good. And it's not. Lastly, the packaging sucks. I'm willing to overlook this for the things from Lush that I actually love, and I understand that they're being sustainable, but it's just not a logical way to package a product that someone is going to use in the shower. Why can't they be sustainable and efficient?
Will not repurchase this.

on 1/31/2014 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My sister gave me this after finding a better conditioner for her hair. I opened it in the shower and nearly puked...the smell is just HORRID. I don't know if I got a bad one or if that's what it smells like, but it smells almost like literal...dookie. Glad this was given to me because I'd never buy it.

This conditioner doesn't moisturize or smooth my hair. It is very thin, watery and almost dissolves entirely as soon as it touches my damp hair. LUSH associates are always so enthusiastic about the products they sell, but honestly after my last few purchases I just feel scammed.

on 10/17/2013 10:39:00 PM

nope. never again. it smells like hay/petting zoo. the smell seriously reminds me of goats. and it actually made my hair feel worse. even if it did work I cant get pasted the smell.

on 8/27/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My hair is quite healthy; I have dry ends, but an oily scalp and have never colored my hair, I also don't use heat very often (once ever other month). I have used this conditioner for about a year, and one tub lasts me about 5-6 months (I use it twice a week).
I absolutely LOVE this, it's thick and creamy and you get used to the scent after a while. it's not the cheapest, but it has been worth it for me.
The reason I gave this 4 lippies and not 5, is because I used this with the rehab shampoo and my hair was always soft and shiny, but now that I have switched to I love juicy, it's gotten dryer. I don't feel like retread gives me enough moisture right now, but it's still my favorite conditioner and I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/17/2013 2:03:00 PM

I bought this product after a the sales associate suggested it for me. I have thick, mid back partially bleached partially dyed hair. It can be a lot to handle and my ends dry very easily. I gave up using heat on my hair and this product really tames it without any effort. The natural texture has been coming out more and my hair looks stronger. I'm loving the results after only 3 uses! I love the smell as usual with Lush and I love the texture-thick, creamy and heavy but doesn't leave residue in my hair. Can't complain except it is a small pot for the price

on 7/25/2013 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this thinking I would use it as an occasional treatment, thinking it was a really heavy conditioner, but I'm now using it with every wash and I'm completely addicted to it. The fragrance is violet leaf... it is sooo refreshingly beautiful. I would almost use it just for that alone, but the conditioning properties are also top-notch. It feels like it's going to be a really heavy cream, but it rinses out cleanly and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy, with no static or fly-aways (my major issues with long, fine hair). I totally love it and will keep using it now, but I hate the pot! I can see where it would be too thick for the normal Lush bottle (itself no prize-winning example of design), but can the company not come up with a squeezy tube? John Masters does conditioners in tubes and is a totally organic company - far higher standards than Lush even with their continued used of SLS etc - so I really don't understand why Lush is wedded to such archaic and ineffectual packaging. But aside from that it works great, so I will put up with the inconvenience.

on 7/17/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A gorgeously effective, long lasting, hair smoothing pot of loveliness!! No definite scent but I like that because it doesn't compete with the scent of my shampoo!

on 6/10/2013 6:09:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I've been using Retread along with Rehab for over a month now and i can tell you it worked as a miracle for my hair! First, my friend was using this and she told me it made her hair really dry, also she disliked the scent. It is a very different scent but I actually like it. It definately lingers in your hair so make sure you don't hate the scent.
I have curly, frizzy hair as long as I've known myself. At my first use of Retread my hair was super soft but still a little bit frizzy. However I think after 3rd or 4th wash all the frizz was gone! Now I can actually see my curls clearly. I will absolutely keep buying this when I run out of it.

Top Rated LUSH Products