November 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Eye Shadow - Garden Botanika - Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally threw all 30 of my old GB shadows out. There is a reason why they all went out of business in these parts. The quality was so very sub par. My normally hardy eyeballs wept copious tears every time I tried applying them...why then, you ask, did I have so many? I kept hoping the effects would go away. Stupid, I know...but I thought I could replace my MAC with this cheap copy cat. The ladies of the Bay Area have spoken. GB- Be GONE! By the way, switching the "c" in in the proper English spelling of "Botanica" for a trendier and euro-centric "k" is pretty low my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 10:18:00 PM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Mica has been one of my favorite shadows for as long as I can remember. A few years ago when I rarely wore eyeshadow, this was the only one I owned and I used it all the time. I wore it to my wedding. I still use it fairly often. The thing about Mica is that it is an amazing balance of grey, brown, and plum. It looks a lot like MAC's Satin Taupe but it's a bit more neutral, less warm. Mica has different qualities when it's applied thickly- the purple comes out more. When it's sheered you see more brown. The shimmer is a subdued sheen. Very subtle and classy looking. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 5:28:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to buy GB products all the time when they were in the mall and I miss them! I have Burnished (pretty copper with some shimmer), Candytuft (gorgeous shimmery white) and Kava (the BEST neutral taupe shadow ever). After several years, my Kava is finally on its last leg and I do not know what I am going to do without it! My only complaint is the inconvenient screw top lids. But maybe those have been updated in the last couple years?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I received 'Sycamore' in a swap and I'm digging it okay. It's a sheer, taupey pale goldish color. Pretty and subtle--makes a good neutral, light-colored eyeshadow that doesn't look chalky on my GGG complexion. Smooth, silky texture. Blends well. And I like how the pan is magnetized. Will look into GB's other colors now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2005 10:25:00 AM More reviews by BeachGem

I used to work part-time at a GB and when they went out of business in the mall I got a lot of eyeshadows very cheaply. For my daily natural look I use Papyrus (vanilla) all over my eye and Kava(brownish) on my lid and these are my two favorite colors. This is a very consistent product and I like they way they go on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought a shadow and blush palette from GB's website, for only $5.99 on clearance! This palette has 4 shadows: angelica (slightly shimmery cream color), bronze (a pale shimmery beige), sedona (a slightly shimmery medium pink-brown clay) and oak (dark slightly shimmery warm mud brown). The shimmer in sedona and oak is so slight, these could pass as matte. The shadows go on super smoothly, do not flake, and look great as the day progresses. They do not cause eye irritation, and are quite generously sized. The color swatches on the website are not entirely accurate; the written descriptions are more accurate. For reference, if you are ever looking at one of their color palettes, each shadow in the palette is a perfect square, 1"x1". Individually, the shadows can be purchased in round flip-top containers. I am looking into more eyeshadows from GB.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by FlipFlop47

Nice shadows! Silky texture, nice staying powder, good array of colors. The shimmery shadows aren't overly shimmery, and the matte shadows have just a hint of- something lol. They aren't totally flat colors- really pretty. I do prefer MAC & Stila because they are more pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2004 5:14:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I wish this stuff were available in stores again. I really love the consistency and the colors of their eye shadow. It goes on smoothly and doesn't cake or get blotchy. I love the Almond as a no makeup-look pale neutral and the Chestnut for a more pronounced brown shadow. These are both pretty matte, which works well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Kimberly326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Bronze and just used up the Pewter color. These are both shimmery and they blend really well they are so silky and flattering on my green eyes. The store in my mall has closed down
:( so I guess if I want to reorder I'll have to do it through their catalog or the internet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 9:00:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I got the shade ''Bronze'' in a swap and let me say that it's an amazing eyeshadow! It has an incredibly long staying power. It really lasts all day!!

This color is a shimmery bronze beige, very nice & flattering.

The texture is gentle, silky and blendable. Not cakey at all. This is one of the best eyeshadows I've tried so far. :-)