Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.3

on 2/9/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to see if I could find a more cost effective alternative to my beloved Skindinavia setting spray so I ordered the Mario Badescu Facial Spray. The 4oz. bottle was only $7.00. When I received my package in the mail, I was really pleased to see that they give you 3 generous samples of their other products, right on!

In my opinion, the key to a good setting spray is a combination of two things, the formula and the spray bottle. Skindinavia has the best bottle in my book, it provides a light mist and beats out all the other brands Iíve tried, including this one. Luckily Iím a hoarder and I saved my Skindinavia bottle and transferred Mario over into that bottle. I have to say, it made a difference andÖ. yes I know Iíve invested way to much thought into this.I do like this product very much. It contains various herbs that are good for your skin, aloe and rosewater and the scent is a light rose scent. I spray this on my face before I apply my makeup for moisture and then when Iím done applying my makeup, aside from my mascara (that is always my last step in ďthe processĒ). It melds all my face products (powders, concealer and foundation) together nicely and leaves a dewy finish to the skin. That being said, if you have oily skin, then this might not be for you. Iím planning on purchasing this product again because I really like to start my morning with a light mist of this all over the face, it primes my skin for foundation perfectly, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I will however continue my search for an equal to Skindinavia, as far as a setting spray is concerned, only because I prefer a matte finish to the dewy finish this gives.

For more reviews on cruelty free beauty products, visit my blog dizzynicky.wordpress.com or on Instagram @dizzynicky

on 1/13/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this a few weeks ago in order to offset the heating at my job. By midday my skin was starting to pull, and I wanted something that would rehydrate my face without messing up my makeup. I found this, probably through MakeupAlley, and went and got it. It's perfect for my needs! I keep it on my desk and every morning when I get in, I do a little spritz on my face. One of the secondary uses of this product is as a makeup setting spray, so it does that too! I feel like it creates a little barrier between me and the hot air, because my skin stays moisturized much longer than if I don't spray it. It also smells amazing! It's light and floral and feels like spring. Plus, the price is great and a little goes a long way. So it's overall very economical. I can't imagine this not working on a particular skin type, at least at this time of year. I think it's the type of product anyone could use, but maybe not everyone feels they need to. Overall, I really like it, it works, and the price is great.

on 1/5/2015 1:56:00 AM

I'm a big Mario Badescu fan. I am 21 years old with dry, sensitive skin prone to acne. I use this product to set my makeup and during the day when I need to refresh my skin.
The smell is lovely and after a few sprays leaves my skin feeling much more hydrated. Perfect size also that fits nicely in my handbag- great for travelling on a plane when your skin dries out!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ingredients on bottle not the same as online!

I received my bottle today, ingredients listed on it are:

Aqua (water), propylene glycol, aloe leaf juice, fucus vesiculosus extract, gardenia florida fruit extract, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, parfum (fragrance), phenoxyethanol, sodium chloride, Cl 17200 (Red 33), Cl 42090 (blue)

Not even the same as on the Mario Badescu website, and definitely not the same as the nice ingredients listed here on MUA and on the Ulta website. Disappointing :(

I really love my MB spray! I personally use it for pretty much everything. I use it for a make up setting spray, under my moisturizer (morning & night), and for just a nice, refreshing touch up throughout the day. Every time i use it, it gives my face a nice, dewy glow. (I never fully understood what people meant by 'dewy' until i used this product and experienced it myself for the first time). Since i've started using it i've gotten so many compliments on my skin looking healthy. It truly does wonders for me! And at $7... I mean you just can't beat that! So glad i decided to go with this instead of spend all the money on the Urban Decay Fix +. And as for the smell, it kinda smells like flowers. Which is a scent i don't particularly enjoy but its not at all overwhelming and goes away very quickly. Overall great product... i would definitely recommend & repurchase!

on 12/29/2014 10:07:00 PM

Just enough hydration after applying a full face of makeup to get a nice, dewy finish. Smells wonderful!

on 12/9/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally have loved MB products. A few have saved my skin when it was a mess. This product in particular I love! Works great to just refresh my face. After washing it. A quick "pick me up" here and there on days I don't wear makeup. And I found it great to wear under and as a setting spray. I have horribly sensitive skin allergies, and can say I haven't had any bad reactions with this or any MB products. However, to those questioning the MB company in general and their ingredients, I to was kinda disappointed, I will say why. I had purchased some items from MB online directly about a year ago, one of those products(in which I will write a separate review for.) apparently MB had some sort of order/ lawsuits filed against them, in which I was personally contacted, because of their failure to list their true, (hidden) ingredients in some of their products. One, that I had purchased contained steroids. Anyway- just thought I'd through that out there. Now, from my understanding, MB is taking the high road and suppose to be "more honest" and list their ingredients on their products. Either way, I was disappointed, but still love their products, including this facial toner/ spray.

on 12/4/2014 12:16:00 PM

Wanted to post b/c the bottle I just received from Nordstrom has yet another ingredients list. Thanks to CordulaM and others for posting this valuable info. My 2 oz. spray bottle lists the following ingredients:
Deionized water (aqua), Aloe (also barbadneis leaf juice) gel, Bladderwrack extract (fucus vesiculosus) extract, Herbal extract, Rose (rosa gallica) extract, Gardenia (gardenia florida) extract, Propylene glycol.
I have no idea why the ingredients lists on this product varies so much among bottles. Some list rose extract while others do not. Frankly, it concerns me. What is the mysterious "herbal extract" included? Additionally, the product has a pink tint yet there are no ingredients to account for this color listed. This isn't the first Mario Badescu product I've noticed with this exact issue. How hard is it to include accurate ingredients lists on your products/literature? Makes me question the integrity of the entire line.

on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

Update: So I have been using this for a few weeks and I'm very happy with it. I have clog prone skin so I hardly use moisturizer. Having a moisturizing spray that doesn't clog is absolutely amazing right now. My only issue, aside from the formerly-misleading ingredients is that sometimes I feel a film on my skin with this, like slightly sticky. But since I have acne issues and often my routine can be a little drying I absolutely can't see taking this out right now. It's def a keeper for me for now.

Update two: I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the ingredients in this causes problems for me. It's a good spray and I think for most people it works well, but I think I may just shy away from it as I have seen an improvement in my skin when I cut out products with that ingredient. I'm not sure, but I seem to be doing ok without it so for me it's just not as necessary as I thought previously.

on 11/5/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this until I found out it contained Propylene Glycol. Why can't they use a different ingredient, I thought Mario Badescu was pretty natural.

Very surprised. Threw this stuff away - something I really hate doing :(