Yon-Ka Juvenil

3.4

on 12/6/2006 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Five Stars !! This is a great product for acne. It is very powerful and very effective. This product does what is says -- no false advertising. I had a few acne breakouts and then purchased this. I made the mistake of putting it all over my face. One day, I only had about 3 acne spots near my mouth. The next day, I had breakouts everywhere -- about 10 on my forehead, 5 or so on each cheek, a number of them around my chin and mouth. I looked like a teenager, and I'm 40. My brothers thought I had poison ivy on my face. That is how bad it looked. Juvenil causes the dormant acne and trapped dirt to come up to the surface. It took about 2 full weeks for my face to clear (one week of looking like a teenager). My skin is now very clean and very luminous.

on 10/8/2006 5:09:00 PM

My skin had grown tired of the spot treatments I had been using for the past year (decleor, jurlique, dr hauschka, tea tree oil) and I decided to get something else. This scent will grow on me, very medicinal (very childhood) but its the texture I hate. You'd think Yonka could either emulsify the solution a little and make it suitable for a PUMP, or put it in a dripulator. The liquid texture is very strange (probably the PEG-castor oil) and it runs off any surface, even the skin. I have to really dab this on several times before there is enough sitting on the spot. I also use this as a all over face treatment, and occassional on the arms and chest to clear any blocked pores. This solution is somewhat drying and works well on big inflammed zits, but nothing like blocked pores that are much deeper in the skin.

on 6/11/2006 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It did nothing for me. I actually like the smell but it didn't help with acne. To be honest, I am not quite sure what it did! I wanted to heal my skin using 'all natural' essential oil products but it just isn't strong enough. So back to BP 5%.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smelled bad and didn't do anything for my acne. Was also very expensive for they amount you get. Won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2006 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I first have to say that I usually love the smell of Yonka but this one is very off putting. For that reason alone I am looking for something better simply because my husband hates the way I smell at night when I put this on (he doesn't have a problem with any of my other products and actually likes the smell of some of them). I use this at night when I have a blemish and it makes it shrink right down, I haven't used it for several months though since I discovered the Clarisonic Skin Care Brush. Using that I haven't broken out for several months. Like I said I am looking for something that smells better but still works as well as this and I will continue to buy this until I find it. At the rate I am going though I won't need to buy anymore for quite awhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really did help my sensitive acne prone skin. If I have a blemish I just put this on at night and in the morning it is significantly reduced. My one gripe though is the smell. Usually I love the smell of Yonka's products but not this one. I will conitinue to buy it though for what it does.

on 5/4/2005 3:09:00 AM

I got a lot of blackheads from using this, it made my skin worst. maybe like the previous reviewer, it takes about 2 weeks to see the result? well, i didn't wait that long cos i was suffering from having such a horrible skin that and i have to give this up after about 10 days of usage. will not try this again

on 5/2/2005 10:19:00 PM

I THINK this is one of those products where it breaks you out big time before it clears you out. So yes I broke out--initially...but its been about 2 weeks now....getting somewht clearer..but not sure...altho note this will dry you out! Will update!

on 4/29/2005 11:31:00 PM

Hated it. This product made me break out all over my face, I suppose my skin was purging but the acne was worse than ever before!! The acne bumps were HUGE and caused a lot of scarring. I highly recommend using a sample before purchasing so that you don't waste your money.

on 3/16/2005 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really works!!! My skin has cleared up quickly and beautifully. Smell is horrible though.

Popular Treatments (Face)