November 28, 2014 | 1852 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yon-Ka - Juvenil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by miranets

My skin had grown tired of the spot treatments I had been using for the past year (decleor, jurlique, dr hauschka, tea tree oil) and I decided to get something else. This scent will grow on me, very medicinal (very childhood) but its the texture I hate. You'd think Yonka could either emulsify the solution a little and make it suitable for a PUMP, or put it in a dripulator. The liquid texture is very strange (probably the PEG-castor oil) and it runs off any surface, even the skin. I have to really dab this on several times before there is enough sitting on the spot. I also use this as a all over face treatment, and occassional on the arms and chest to clear any blocked pores. This solution is somewhat drying and works well on big inflammed zits, but nothing like blocked pores that are much deeper in the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by my_moomoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It did nothing for me. I actually like the smell but it didn't help with acne. To be honest, I am not quite sure what it did! I wanted to heal my skin using 'all natural' essential oil products but it just isn't strong enough. So back to BP 5%.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by coopercat3104

Smelled bad and didn't do anything for my acne. Was also very expensive for they amount you get. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by patty981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first have to say that I usually love the smell of Yonka but this one is very off putting. For that reason alone I am looking for something better simply because my husband hates the way I smell at night when I put this on (he doesn't have a problem with any of my other products and actually likes the smell of some of them). I use this at night when I have a blemish and it makes it shrink right down, I haven't used it for several months though since I discovered the Clarisonic Skin Care Brush. Using that I haven't broken out for several months. Like I said I am looking for something that smells better but still works as well as this and I will continue to buy this until I find it. At the rate I am going though I won't need to buy anymore for quite awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by kittykatty9819

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really did help my sensitive acne prone skin. If I have a blemish I just put this on at night and in the morning it is significantly reduced. My one gripe though is the smell. Usually I love the smell of Yonka's products but not this one. I will conitinue to buy it though for what it does.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by wink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a lot of blackheads from using this, it made my skin worst. maybe like the previous reviewer, it takes about 2 weeks to see the result? well, i didn't wait that long cos i was suffering from having such a horrible skin that and i have to give this up after about 10 days of usage. will not try this again

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Lawchick530

I THINK this is one of those products where it breaks you out big time before it clears you out. So yes I broke out--initially...but its been about 2 weeks now....getting somewht clearer..but not sure...altho note this will dry you out! Will update!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mimi_rose

Hated it. This product made me break out all over my face, I suppose my skin was purging but the acne was worse than ever before!! The acne bumps were HUGE and caused a lot of scarring. I highly recommend using a sample before purchasing so that you don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by lmyeary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really works!!! My skin has cleared up quickly and beautifully. Smell is horrible though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 8:17:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Based on a rave review for one of my pals on the EDS messageboard, I decided to ask for a sample of Juvenil and Emulsion Pure the next time I was at my beauty boutique, which just so happened to be on Friday. So the SA gives me a tiny drop of the Emulsion Pure, which I havenít tried yet because I donít feel any giant zits coming on right now. But the SA says, ďHere, the Juvenil bottleís almost empty so Iím just going to go ahead and give it to you.Ē I thanked her profusely and scurried out to my car before she realized that sheíd actually given me like a 3 month supply of Juvenil (everyone says you only need a drop or two at a time, right?? The bottle she gave me had about 1/4 stuff left in it!!)! I tried it out Friday night on a zit that came up under my chin and Boston was right Ė the next morning the damn thing was all but a memory!! My only gripe about the Juvenil is the *very* strong scent, but if it performs magic like that on my next breakout (I donít get them very often, but when I do, itís usually one of those giant zits from hell that get really sore and take forever to come to a head), Iím willing to overlook that tiny flaw!! Once Iíve used up my ďsample,Ē Iíll most likely be repurchasing.