Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

everybody loves this.

be real, everybody loves this. a very good lip balm for my skin, i use it everytime and as a base of lip treatment/product i use.

here my story:
so i find myself always struggle with lip problem, it was flaky and dry all the time. everything i tried. name a brand of lip balm. and it didnt work out for me, the only was quite good is nivea lip balm that comes on green tube (i forgot the name). and then when it was runs out, i found it nowhere and i think it is discontinued on my country. so i am sad and grieving for my lips. i tried to go to my doctor but the lip treatment that they gave me not so good.
actually, i heard so many times about vaseline, but i never try it because it is not specifically stated for lip. and then i give it a try.........DAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! i hope i started to use vaseline sooner, on my early teenage when my lip was on the worst.
vaseline gives me plump and healthy and smooth and kissable, name it!
i tried burt's bees ones, but it is gives me a flaky and hurt my lip so i comeback to this vaseline and this is like my holygrail. it is even beat the most organic thing ever, the burt's bees!!

i read so many times about vaseline that no good for ur skin blahblah, so i will try to expalin in a easy way. vaseline is petroleum jelly, which is the purest thing from crude oil. do not imagining crude oil as the one you use for gases. crude oil is more than that, it is the form of oil that extracted from deep ocean, deep wells on dessert. long story short, it is organic and nature made it.
so give vaseline a toast!

on 2/5/2015 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vaseline has saved my skin. I had a bad allergic reaction to Paula's Choice resist retinol serum which left my skin dry, with red patches en deep lines around my eyes. The only thing that calmed it down was good old vaseline. Because my face kept feeling hot in the evening and night, despite the dry areas having improved and the lines having virtually disappeared, I went to the doctor after about a week and he prescribed me cetomacrogol cream, but even that seemed to make the red areas flare up again. I just had to trust my own skin's reactions in the end and stick to vaseline.

on 2/2/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Vaseline has saved my skin during the super dry winter season! During the winters, no matter what moisturizer i use, my skin will always end up with dry patches which makes it really hard for me to apply makeup. I have managed to make vaseline save my skin! Here's what I do:

1) wash face with cleanser
2) moisturize quickly while skin is still damp
3) apply vaseline once moisturizer sets in

I only do this at night, and this makes my skin perfect the next morning for makeup. I just make sure not to use cleanser in the morning, and just wash my face with water.

on 2/2/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to moisturize my lashes after taking off my mascara and it conditions and makes them so soft! However, I do not think you should use this for your skin, because it will clog your pores. But for eyelashes its great and harmless!! If you want to grow your lashes just leave this on over night! I saw results after just one night!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So hydrating and has so many different uses. It can be used for lips (the obvious one) and works great to repair any damage. I also use it mixed with almond oil on my under eyes and it hydrates and really helps keep it soft.

on 12/22/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For the first time in my life, I experienced very dry, flaky lips (going into the winter months. Despite not usually having dry lips I still have a million +1 lip balms and treatments laying around my house. I have tried everything from Sugar Advanced Lip Treatment to Baby Lips to Carmex to Burt's Bees, RoseBud Salve, etc. After still having the dryness appear in the morning, I stopped at my local CVS and saw the Vaseline mini pot on display and with it only costing $1.89 I said I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work it's not much money lost. All I can say is WOW! I wish I would have tried this before investing $18 here and $4 there on others. After applying this over the coarse of 24 hours, my lips were smooth as butter. They looked smooth, wrinkle-free and plump. I would encourage everybody to try this method before spending money at Sephora on "high end" lip balms. I am all about spending money on some things cosmetically but not for lip balm when old faithful (Vaseline) does the trick! I also use this on my eyelashes at night after I remove my mascara to help condition the hair (on the nights I do not apply my Latisse). AMA-ZING!

on 12/15/2014 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. I'm oily but can get a bit dehydrated in dry fall/winter weather. I'm acne/clog-prone, and this stuff is one of the only heavier things I can use on my face. Makes a great lip balm, too. Moisturizes/hydrates beautifully, helps heal irritated skin, and is dirt cheap. Not the most cosmetically elegant thing in the world, but due to its excellent performance and price, I can easily overlook that.

To address the claims of "toxicity," petroleum jelly most certainly is not. It has been used for many many years. It is recommended by doctors and dermatologists all the time. Look up some actual scientific research, not biased crap from people with "natural product" agendas.

on 12/12/2014 3:50:00 AM

Truly disgusting to use on skin, especially on facial skin! I can't stand it even on my hands or feet!
The first time I applied it on my face, few years back, it clogged my pores in hours and gave me pimples and deep cysts in places I would never have them. Also made my skin feel very uncomfortable as in red and dry patches on my cheek bones and a greasy shiny look. Bleah.
It was the only time I used it on my face. When I used on my lips, they ended up being dry and they were peeling.
I then used it on my hands and feet but I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling even if I applied it at night.
I now use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

on 12/11/2014 4:52:00 AM

I have fair skin and when it is cold and dry this is great for getting rid of red rashes. It calms my dry, irritated winter skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)