August 20, 2014 | 1058 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by luminelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by booboondoll

Im so scared to use this on my face even though i heard its awesome like this but i apply it to my eyes and omg its awesome. I wake up with beautiful eye skin my bags diminish and eyes supple baby soft lol. Also apply to my eye brows and a little in my hair to soften. Also on my hands and feet at night and skin. Makes everthing soft. I sometimes mix this with bio oil and smooth onto stretch marks it works!!! Also use to massage thighs after a hard days work. I love vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by amdo

I always apply this to my lips before I go to bed every night. It really makes my lips rosy and not so dry the next day. I don't even need to use chapsticks anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Old faithful. If it didn't work so well I'd probably be hating on it, given what it is- but my skin loves this stuff - it works on super dry skin or on a bad reaction from a product or peel --- I can slather this stuff on my skin and it calms down. Helps restore the barrier after using it for a few days . Never really liked this stuff when I was younger but as I've gotten older I really like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by SexiiMami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I have a really bad cold and I blow my nose too much with my Kleenex, the skin on my nose, the top of my lip and lips get super dry and flaky. To the point it's painful because I've rubbed the skin raw. The only thing that helps is Vaseline petroleum jelly. Before I go to bed I apply and thick amount of this all over my raw skin, and by the next day my skin is back to normal. And after reading all these comments about using it on your eyelashes... I'm gonna have to try it for myself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Vaseline is probably one of the best beauty inventions to this day. I have used it ever since I was a little girl after my mom introduced it to me. I mainly use it on my lips as a lip moisturizer and on my eyelashes every night as a sort of lash conditioner. It is so cheap and has so many uses that you really can't go wrong with this product. I also find that it works well as an eye makeup remover, even for really tough waterproof mascara! I like to use it on my cuticles as well. I really just recommend it just like the majority of the people who have tried it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by HowGreatThouArt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Vaseline is EXCELLENT. I have used it on my eyelashes for years, and I have very thick, long, dark eyelashes. Also, when applied to your lashes, they provide a reflective glow to your eyes, making your eyes sparkle. Your eyes will look glassy and beaming. I also love using Vaseline on my lips. They make my lips so soft and supple. At nights I take Vaseline, put it on my lips, and then scrub them with a hot washcloth. This will exfoliate your lips and make them plump.
Vaseline has so many great uses. It is a product for every household.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vaseline has so many uses. Two that I wouldn't be without are:
I buy a pair of those snuggly type gloves (the ones that look like those really soft socks) from the Dollar Store. I coat my hands with vaseline at night, put on the snuggly gloves and go to bed. In the morning, my hands are always well-hydrated, moisturized and my cuticles are also well-nourished.
The same thought works for your feet, too. You can do this at night, or, if you're wearing socks during the day, apply a small amount of vaseline to your feet, put on your socks, and your feet will be moisturized all day long within the comfort of your socks. You'll be surprised at how this works at keeping your feet soft and beautiful.
The second is an old trick for fragrance. If you find a perfume that doesn't have lasting power on you, coat your skin with a very light layer of vaseline. Not enough to make your skin greasy, just enough to give it a light sheen. Then spray yourself with your favorite perfume. If the perfume just sits on top of your skin as droplets, you'll know you applied too much vaseline. Next time, apply less, and try again. Your perfume should go on as it does normally. You'll find that this makes the perfume last for hours and hours. Using an oil or a regular moisturizer does not have the same effect, nor does using a scented moisturizer. The vaseline seems to keep the fragrance on your skin and hold it's notes in place.
I keep two different types of vaseline in stock. One is a cocoa based scent, which I'll use for my vanilla based perfumes, and the other is an unscented vaseline to use for other perfumes.
It works for any perfume, eau de toilette and even for some colognes.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No