October 24, 2014 | 2011 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eridanshamanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by yunitar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it as a lip balm and waterproof makeup remover, and I LOVE it. It's the best lip balm. Like the BEST.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by tracymichelle

I've tried regular old vaseline on my heels & lips and...ugh...the smell is AW-FULLL! But...guess what? Petroleum! It's a derivative of oil refining! We are subjected to enough toxins in our daily lives, why put more on your body on purpose? I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil instead and it's sooo much better. I love the smell (and the taste) and it works really well for so many things: makeup remover, hair mask, lotion, cooking oil, on toast instead of butter...and it's really good for you. Just say NO to petroleum products!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by luminelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by booboondoll

Im so scared to use this on my face even though i heard its awesome like this but i apply it to my eyes and omg its awesome. I wake up with beautiful eye skin my bags diminish and eyes supple baby soft lol. Also apply to my eye brows and a little in my hair to soften. Also on my hands and feet at night and skin. Makes everthing soft. I sometimes mix this with bio oil and smooth onto stretch marks it works!!! Also use to massage thighs after a hard days work. I love vaseline.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by amdo

I always apply this to my lips before I go to bed every night. It really makes my lips rosy and not so dry the next day. I don't even need to use chapsticks anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Old faithful. If it didn't work so well I'd probably be hating on it, given what it is- but my skin loves this stuff - it works on super dry skin or on a bad reaction from a product or peel --- I can slather this stuff on my skin and it calms down. Helps restore the barrier after using it for a few days . Never really liked this stuff when I was younger but as I've gotten older I really like it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by SexiiMami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No