November 25, 2014 | 1565 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by dvm92

Well....I thought Vaseline was good for you, apparently Jennifer Aniston swears by it (outside of all the wonderful spa and face treatments probably). However after reading that it can actually completely clog your pores with God knows what, I use it only as an emergency eye cream if I run out of mine. What it does is create the illusion that the skin is softer, but in fact it is doing more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by TammieCavender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best thing ever. It works for just about everything. If your baby has a diaper rash it works just as well as diaper creams. And it's a lot cheaper. It also works on chapped lips and if you have been blowing your nose a lot such as during cold and flu season it will help get rid of the dryness or stop it before it starts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by eridanshamanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by yunitar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use it as a lip balm and waterproof makeup remover, and I LOVE it. It's the best lip balm. Like the BEST.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by tracymichelle

I've tried regular old vaseline on my heels & lips and...ugh...the smell is AW-FULLL! But...guess what? Petroleum! It's a derivative of oil refining! We are subjected to enough toxins in our daily lives, why put more on your body on purpose? I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil instead and it's sooo much better. I love the smell (and the taste) and it works really well for so many things: makeup remover, hair mask, lotion, cooking oil, on toast instead of butter...and it's really good for you. Just say NO to petroleum products!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by luminelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by booboondoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

RELUCTANT TO APPLY THIS my face but

I apply it to my eyes and eyelashes, it's effective. I wake up with beautiful eye skin my bags softer or gone and eyes supple.

I apply brows and a little in my hair to soften.

Also on my hands and feet at night and skin. Makes everything much softer.

I sometimes mix this with My Body firming lotion and smooth onto stretch marks it works!!! Also use to massage thighs after a hard days work.

I love vaseline, because it keeps skin from prematurely cracking and drying.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by amdo

I always apply this to my lips before I go to bed every night. It really makes my lips rosy and not so dry the next day. I don't even need to use chapsticks anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No