August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Calming Cleansing Solution

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by hahalalawheee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this at a CVS, though not all CVS's carry this. You must try this one! This is the most gentle cleanser I've ever used.

Do not squeeze out the solution. I take a cotton pad and press it against the opened top end. Then, while holding the cotton pad against the hole, I flip the bottle over twice to soak about half of the cotton pad. I gently wipe it across my skin. Just dab on the eye area, don't tug on any part of your face! After I wash off the cleanser and pat dry, my skin feels clean and refreshed, even though I don't use that much cleanser. My skin's never dry, it feels balanced. Never stripped of its natural oils. Whenever I use other cleansers, my skin always flakes, but this never happens with Vichy Calming Cleansing Solution.

I love the fact that there aren't that many ingredients in this cleanser. I don't ever worry about irritation. In fact, after I've picked at any pimples or blackheads (which are gradually decreasing in number, since I'm not drying my skin with medicated acne products and breaking the natural acid mantle barrier that naturally fights acne) I put some of this solution onto any open wounds for a few minutes. Next, I wash it off and massage antibacterial Polysporin on the small wounds for a few minutes. By the next day, the wounds are either closed or nearly closed. The solution helps the healing progress much quicker than usual.

I don't wear makeup, but I do wear sunscreen, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid SPF 70. This solution completely removes it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by freudianslipup

I have extremely choosy skin- I'd say sensitive, but it tends to respond well to the most random of ingredients. My skin is pale and small-pored, so small that if any dirt gets trapped in there, it almost makes me break a capillary to squeeze anything out. I also had tons of blackheads, and if I do one thing wrong (eat gluten or dairy, don't wash my face for one night, use any sort of silicone makeup) it will result in random and weird stagnated trapped debris. Which is excessively attractive, I'll have you know. The Neutrogena stuff I was using for ages began to dry out my skin when I moved up to Rochester, and all the water would irritate my face. I began using this and the thermal water because it looked super neutral and pleasant, and both had very few ingredients. In a week, most of my blackheads have cleared up, especially the ones around my nose (a hard to purge area), my skin is calm, even, and pale, and I have absolutely no redness. My skin is not perfect yet, but whatever imperfections remain are noticeably calmed down, and my texture is reaching a glassy and radiant even-ness.
I just spritz my face with the water, then splash this on my face (or use a cotton pad (more frequently)), then spray again with the water, and I'm good to go. I've been able to forgo makeup in no time, and my skin is even and moisturized. I'm so impressed with Vichy that I'm tempted to try them out for a sunscreen so I can have a complete routine! If you're at all sensitive to water, but have dry or reactive skin, this is an incredibly balancing and surprisingly moisturizing product to have. It comes highly recommended from this pale, sensitive-skinned lady!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by asis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin, that is a bit dry at the moment, although it usually fluctuates between normal and oily. Anyway, this stung. It irritated my skin and left a sticky residue. So I'm going back to Bioderma.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by RogueBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for close to 12 years and can not find it's parallel in any other micellar solution. Working in skin care for 12 plus years I have tried many and this one out preforms the others.
I wear a ton of makeup when I'm at work and this does not do much to take off waterproof makeup, but for medium to no makeup this gets all the goo off your face. I usually use this in conjunction with a makeup remover, and I follow the cleansing water with an alcohol-free toner. The cleansing water and toner combo has left me with unblemished skin since my early twenties.
Moreover my skin has changed from oily/combination in the t-zone to, normal/dry as I have entered my early thirties. This product has not failed me in that transition. This is one product that when I recommend it, I full confidence in it's performance.
And if you think I have an ulterior motive? Yes I do!
I want so many people to use this product that L'Oreal and Vichy will NEVER think of discontinuing it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by babyd3vil18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Hey everybody! This is my first review so I'll do my best to describe everything thoroughly :) Okay so first of all, I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin -- its so highly reactive I can't use anything on it. I was in search of a water cleanser that contained minimal ingredients, thoroughly cleansed but did not strip the skin's lipid-barrier. Initially I used Bioderma's Sensibio H2O, but within a short time it irritated my skin and caused eczema around my mouth. I later found out that the Cetrimonium Bromide in it is highly detrimental to the skin and leaves the skin parched; its an ammonium-derived compound and is used to clean surgical tools. I don't think anything like that should even come close to your skin!!

I gave up using Bioderma (for good) and stumbled upon Vichy's Calm Cleansing Solution at my local drugstore. It looked so cute and when I smelled it, it smelled like organic roses! (Not like the strong, synthetic rose scent). The saleslady said it was a winner and she used it herself too. I grabbed it on a whim to try it out.

The bottle itself is clear, with a flip lid. I love the design because it looks so cool ^_^ (lolll). Here is what it says on the back:
Soothing rose Phytophenol
-removes makeup like a milk
-calms and comforts skin

Ultra-effective: cleanses and removes makeup without rubbing
Ultra-comforting: contains a rose extract rich in Phytophenol which is known for its soothing properties
Results: in a single step, the face is perfectly cleansed. Skin feels comforted and lastingly refreshed.
Tested on sensitive skin and eyes, contact lens wearers.
Formulated and tested to minimze risk of allergy. Skin pH. Alcohol free. Soap free. Colorant free.

My thoughts:
I was even more intrigued after reading the above, and I couldn't wait to try it! At the time my skin was extremely uneven (in terms of skintone), it was dry and patchy around my mouth and sort of oily around my nose and chin (thanks to the stupid Bioderma H2O) :(
I took a cotton pad, pressed it against the opening, saturated it and gently started to wipe my face. I wear almost no makeup except eyeliner and lipstick. However, the MOMENT I put it on my skin, I mean literally, my skin started to calm down! And there was NO pulling or tugging on my skin either..it just glided soo smoothly! I continued to wipe and honestly I could feel my skin THANKING me, because it seemed to pick up impurities and calm the skin at the same time!! When I was done I looked at the cotton pad, it was almost BLACK, loool, with the dirt, oil and other impurities -- and I couldn't believe my own face when I looked in the mirror. It just looked...soo hydrated! Anyways, I rinsed with water (oh and no matter what the cleanser says, always rinse off with water!! Don't leave anything on your skin, trust me) I rinsed with cool water and I couldn't believe I was looking and touching my own skin. It was as if all the impurities were expelled but the skin itself wasn't disturbed! I continued to use it every day after school, and it would rid my face of the day's grime and make my skin GLOW! My skin recovered honestly, within 2 weeks! It felt supple, soft, healthy OH OH AAND my spider veins on my nose disappeared for some reason! (I did some research and it turns out the phytophenols found in the rose are excellent for reducing spider veins). Now it's been almost a month since I've been using this cleanser and it has completely balanced my skin. My skintone is awesome-ly glowly and my dry patches are gone! Gone!! Even my mom, (who has never complimented me on anything :'( ) asked what I was doing cuz my skin looked fantastic. Heehe ^_^

So my final verdict, PLEASE try this! You have nothing to lose! If you have oily skin you can use this, although you might have to use a little more, but trust me its worth it. And if you have normal or sensitive skin like mine I am ordering you to buy this! You won't regret it! If anything you can always return it or exchange it for something else. But I highly, highly, recommend this. I've told all my friends about it and they rushed to buy it too and they all love it LOLL.

When you use this, you realize how much junk other companies put into their products -- perfumes, fillers, dyes, waxes, silicones -- and they will clog your pores! So give this a try and then tell me what you think ;). Good luck, girlies! Hope I helped ^_^"

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm quite on the fence for this product. This isn't a bad makeup remover, but this is not the best that I've tried and in fact, it doesn't even come close.

To being with, I don't really have sensitive skin but my eyes are sensitive. I'm a waterproof mascara wearer and I remove my makeup without any problem using a cleansing oil normally.

This cleansing solution is watery and I like this better than the Bioderma version as this leaves a less sticky feeling after using it on my face (well, I still clean with a cleanser). This is also lightly scented that I enjoy. This cleansing solution can remove my fdt, concealer, powder, blusher, eye shadow and brow pencil without any problem and actually quite effective too. It also removes my liquid eyeliner though not as effective - just takes a bit longer. However, it doesn't remove my waterproof mascara as effective and in fact, before this can actually remove all the mascara, some of the cleansing solution actually would sip into my eyes and causing them to have a slight burning sensation. I hv never experienced any problem if I use a cleasning oil - at most I got blurred vision but never irritation like this.

I will finish up my bottle when I don't have any waterproof mascara to remove. I'm quite sure I won't purchase this again as very rarely, I don't use any mascara. I'm going to stick with my cleasing oil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by clarawjy

A must have product for eye make up!
I use it on a cottom pad and gentally press onto the eye area for 5-10 seconds, then wipe off.
I've been use it over 3 years and it's so gental and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by elizium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is amazing product! I've been using it for 2 years.
Very gentle, does not irritate skin and really calms it. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

I was looking for something to remove my makeup (I don't wear waterproof) in a gentle way. Something that wont sting my eyes, leave a greasy film on my eyes and something that wouldn't strip my skin of it's moisture. Well I read some reviews on here and thanks to MUA I picked it up at my local shopper's drugmart and I can say I love this stuff! I use a cotton ball, rub it on my face and voila makeup is gone and my skin feels so soft. You don't have to rinse it off but I do and I sometimes follow up with my cleanser to make sure everything is gone. So far this stuff is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used bioderma's sebium h20 wash, and then this, and then I went back to bioderma, and I have to say I think I like the Vichy better, even though Bioderma appears to get better reviews. The reason is mainly that the bioderma is much more drying and I always had to use a moisturizer after. The Vichy doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or stripped, though, and I can get away (even in the winter) with not using a moisturizer, which is great since my skin's been acne prone as of late.