December 19, 2014 | 1671 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Figs and leaves soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in a gift set and I have been using a small bar off and on for over a year! I use it as an exfoliation soap. I would never use it on my face but it is great on my hands and legs to get off anything greasy (like too much lotion or something).
In the store people keep mentioning the smell and I really can't smell anything (I finally bought a second bar and I can't smell that either).
I let the bar dry out in between uses so it last longer. This makes the price a lot more reasonable. I will purchase this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by leighannaleask

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is most definitely my HG soap! I bought it on a whim when I was going through the airport in Toronto and realized I forgot to pack soap for my Italy trip. I didn't realize I was going to completely fall in love with it. I do agree that it is perhaps a little too gritty, but I don't feel it 'destroys' my skin, as others have said. I have a skin condition on the back of my arms that isn't officially diagnosed, but the doctor's have given me cortisone cream for it in the past, which worked alright, but was nasty to put on, and I could only use it for two weeks at a time, then had to give my skin a break (where my condition would come back with a vengeance). This soap has made it almost irrelevant and is so much more gentle and moisturizing than the cortisone cream! This soap is actually so moisturizing that if you are in a rush, you can skin the body lotion after showering. Overall it has done great things for my skin and I do recommend it. I will be repurchasing until the end of time!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this in the shower, and it's very moisturizing. It doesn't irritate my skin, and it smells so good. I have very sensitive skin, and I have to be careful with what products I use, because some can really dry out my skin. This doesn't, it makes my skin really soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Originally I bought this soap because I wanted a hand soap that wouldn't be so drying, so I went to my local LUSH and this is what one of the LUSH workers recommended (she also gave me this helpful information about soaps- the clearer they are, the more drying. The soaps that aren't clear tend to be more creamy and moisturizing). At first I wasn't sold on the scent, I thought it was a bit weird, but it has definitely grown on me. The lather is nice, more than I was expecting since some LUSH soaps don't lather very well. It also lasts a nice long time. The problem with this soap though is that little seeds in it. When you first get the soap you won't notice them as much, but then after you use it the little seeds will appear. I like the idea of exfoliation in a bar soap, but first of all, there are way too many seeds (I ended up scratching a bunch of them out with my nail) and second they tickle, and get in the way of the lather. If you are going to buy this soap, I would recommend that you also scratch some of the seeds out (you get a better lather afterwards).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am exactly opposite the reviewer below me... I loooooove the clean smell of this soap but CRAP this is like washing with mulch and gravel! This is a very harsh exfoliation and I don't think I just got a bad batch. I only use it on my legs and feet now because it's too rough for my skin elsewhere. It lasts quite a while and smells divine but I cannot justify spending this much money to destroy my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This soap has me a little torn. I loooooove the exfoliation seeds in it, but the smell...kinda soapy to me. It smells a little like laundry detergent. I can appreciate the overall components to this soap like the leaves, color, lather and seeds, but I wish it didn't smell so "soapy". As far as longevity, it's lasted a really long time for me and hasn't melted away in the tub like alot of LUSH soaps.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ajn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom bought me this soap about three years ago, and I only started using it this summer, and the fact that it is three years old, and it still lathers and moisturizes well really impresses me. It is the first LUSH soap I've used, but I've always bought homemade soaps for much less, and they seem to work fine. I like the fig seeds in the soap - sometimes they can be a bit abrasive, but I just use another side of the soap if they're too rough. This soap does leave my skin nice and smooth though. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, and I probably won't buy this again since I'd rather try something new.

Edit: This soap actually got harder to lather the more I used it, and the seeds are part of the reason why I don't think it lathers as well. One less lippie now

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rebbeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I mainly only like this product for it's scent. Honestly, if they could just make this into a perfume or lotion, I would buy it. The soap is a good exfoliator, but when I don't need to exfoliate, I just work the soap into a lather with my hands or loofah. The soap is mosturizing, but it's nothing remarkable. It does get used up quickly, even when I cut the soap into smaller pieces, which is a downfall.

I will buy this product again though, like I said before, it smells really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by seababe

I got this as a sample and at first I didn't like it. But then I got use to it and now I'm in love. It's very earthy and yummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Raeoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: I adore this soap. It has the right texture and the smell is amazing. This is moisturising and really does leave you feeling clean.

I love the smell, but a lot of other people don't, just depends on your own preference of perfumery i guess. But I love it and will purchase again.