July 30, 2014 | 2194 users online

Palettes - Sonia Kashuk - Eye Shadow Palette - Perfectly Neutral

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I love this palette. The colors are all very wearable, and easy to apply. They are quite sheer, which initially I didn't like, but I've discovered they are very buildable, so many looks can be achieved depending on your goal (subtle daytime, more dramatic nighttime, etc.). I like to pair the 2 medium colored shimmer colors with the darkest color as liner, and the lightest color as a highlight. I even got a compliment the first time I wore these colors! This would also be a good set for someone new to makeup because it's hard to mess up since the colors are so sheer and light. I paid around $12 for this at Target, which isn't bad considering you get 6 colors and an eyeshadow primer. I haven't tried the primer yet as I'm pretty loyal to Urban Decay Primer Potion. All in all, it's a nice little package with good quality.

EDIT: After a few days of use, these started to get a gritty texture, like other reviewers have also mentioned about SK shadows. It's very strange. They work great for a few days, then the texture changes. I still like it, but it's not as silky and smooth and sometimes irritates the insides of my eyes. I have found a more expensive but nicer replacement palette though. The Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes palette is gorgeous with similar sheer colors, but with more shimmer and pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this for everyday use, I like colors that are not too strong, since I have fairly light skin tone, so colors really show up on my skin. I really chose this due to the primer that is in the package, but i love the colors too. I am very happy, as the price was reasonable and the product is of good quality. I think this is good for someone who, like me, wants good colors for everyday (not 'evening wear'). There are no wild colors. Overall I would say this is good enhancement of natural tones and beauty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty neutral on the perfectly neutral palette. It's a set of six brown-neutral eyeshadows ranging from pale nude to chocolate. Three are matte, and three have shimmer. The shadows are packaged in an attractive white palette with one double-sided applicator (four sides for six colors=annoying) and a creamy eyeshadow base. The colors are nice basics, and would be great for a girl just starting out with makeup. I tend to grab this palette for my weekend travel bag since I can wear the colors with anything. I like how the colors are true to what you see in the palette. The matte shades are soft but the shimmery ones are a bit gritty. All the colors are less pigmented than what I prefer, but using the included base helps quite a bit. When I tried them without the base it was like an exercise in futility, trying to build up to a strong color, even with the darkest shade. The matte shades are more pigmented than the shimmery ones, which are quite sheer, but can be built up and blend well, again, if used over the included base or Urban Decay Primer Potion. Really, this just isn't special, particularly when I consider how many eyeshadows I have in similar colors but better quality from various gift-with-purchase deals. I do like the creamy base, which evens out the color of my eyelid and really makes the shadow perform better, but if you use UD Primer Potion, you won't think it's too special.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2005 7:19:00 AM More reviews by thereddogruby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Target, but not this makeup. At first it seemed like a pretty good deal at 14 dollars for the palette, but not when they're unusable after a month. The shadows were hard from the beginning. Now they're ROCK hard and completely useless. I will give the packaging some credit, along with the creamy shadow base. Its nice to look at and probably what attracted me to buying it in the first place. I definitely will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2004 8:11:00 PM More reviews by slyvester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great collection of neutral brown tones. The eyeshadow base goes on smooth - no creasing all day. Nice to have it all in one compact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 10:11:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I use this palette daily under my MAC Patina eyeshadow. The base goes on surprisingly even and smooth, but unfortunately it doesn't keep my eyeshadows from creasing throughout the day. It does, however, help the eyeshadow 'stick' on to my eyelids better. The palette has a lot of great, wearable brown colors and one light cream color. Half of them are too light for my LLL skintone, so I use the bottom 3 instead. A great palette for everyday use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 2:18:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

This palette is a must have if you like neutrals or perhaps if are just starting your makeup collection. The eye shadows have decent staying power and no unpleasant surprises with the colors. Very good deal for this and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

groovynub described it perfectly so i'll skip the description. i love this palette. cost me $12. comes w/ 6 e/s and a base. shadows are all blendable and are beautiful neutral colors. very wearable. comes in a white compact. definately will purchase again...but i doubt soon because it lasts forever! go buy it!